Quantcast Pirates of the Caribbean are now auctioning hens

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pirates of the Caribbean are now auctioning hens

Basically the animatronics are the same, but the wench is holding hens and that’s what’s being auctioned. And comments are made about “we don’t wants the hens, we wants the rum.” Forgive me if I’m being insensitive but between this and Splash Mountains retheme I think it’s just getting out of hand. What’s next? Seven dwarfs have to go as they are offensive to small people? Indians on Peter Pan? Rock n Roller coaster for encouraging reckless driving? Tower of Terror for shining light on the deaths of 5 innocent people? Hall of Presidents because... well I won’t go there.

If Disney is vowing to get rid of anything that someone finds offensive, i say:
    “As a working class guy with a mortgage and car payment I am deeply offended by your high prices, and being priced out of all your hotels”
    I think it’s only fair they accommodate that
    1988- Off site
    1989- Off site
    1990- WDW Hilton & Swan
    1997- Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
    2005- Shades of Green
    June 2006- Pop Century
    Jan 2007- Disneyland- Disneyland Hotel
    Jan 2010- Disneyland- Double Tree Orange
    Oct 2010- Disneyland- Off site
    Sept 2011- All Star Sports

2. Thanks texas211 thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frozman View Post
    Basically the animatronics are the same, but the wench is holding hens and that’s what’s being auctioned. And comments are made about “we don’t wants the hens, we wants the rum.” Forgive me if I’m being insensitive but between this and Splash Mountains retheme I think it’s just getting out of hand. What’s next? Seven dwarfs have to go as they are offensive to small people? Indians on Peter Pan? Rock n Roller coaster for encouraging reckless driving? Tower of Terror for shining light on the deaths of 5 innocent people? Hall of Presidents because... well I won’t go there.

If Disney is vowing to get rid of anything that someone finds offensive, i say:
    “As a working class guy with a mortgage and car payment I am deeply offended by your high prices, and being priced out of all your hotels”
    I think it’s only fair they accommodate that
    Amen
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Such a great post.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Disney should pull all the original movies because there's bound to be something considered offensive by today's ultra-PC standards. Or maybe they could just cover the offensive items with a pizza box and that should fix everything. Sheesh!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a redhead, and I'm offended that they don't want me anymore.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

8. Likes texas211, Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amen again!!
    DDuck66
    Disney Veteran

2000- Once
    2001- Twice
    2002- Three Times
    2003- Three times
    2004 Twice
    2005 Twice
    2006- October and Christmas
    2007- The year of the annual pass!!!
    2008- Concierge at the POLY!!!!
    2009- Birthdays in January and March!!!!
    2010- Lots of trips..Too many to count!!

10. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And one more Amen! It's crazy that Disney (and others) are going out of their way to cancel and delete in improprieties or innuendoes that might offend such sensitive eyes and ears. Isn't it better to have a conversation about how we've progressed as a society over the decades then delete it and repeat our mistakes? Will they edit the any and all G rated sexuality out of the movies? My kids are grown now, but wasn't that half the fun to see what jokes went over the kids heads? It's called creativity when you can do it and keep your G or PG rating. I guess we don't like creativity anymore.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

While I agree that today a lot of people are looking to be offended or outraged, I'm OK with this change. I know that a lot of you see it as just one more thing and that it wasn't that offensive to begin with. However, I wonder how many of you have ever had cause to be offended? At the risk of taking this too far off-topic, I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, whom most of you know as the "Mormons". A while back, Broadway came out with a Tony-award winning musical, "The Book of Mormon", making fun of my religious beliefs and what I consider a tome of sacred religious text. Yet, not only has it made millions of dollars and launched the career of Josh Gad, they gave it awards. Why was it OK to produce this play? Why is that not considered off-limits to completely lambast and entire religion for the purpose of making money? Do you think anyone would consider making a play that mocks Muslims called "The Koran"? Or one mocking the Jewish faith called, "The Torah"? Not a chance. But Mormons, we're fair game apparently. Not only are we fair game, let's give the stupid thing AWARDS.

Do you know what kind of official response my Church came up with? They took out an ad in the Playbill. It said, "Now that you've seen the play, try reading the book!" Brilliant, and perfect. Getting upset, trying to boycott it or stop production would have been pointless. The best response was to understand that everyone has a right to believe what they want to believe, and to be good-natured about it.

So, I can understand, and am in favor of, Disney making small changes to insignificant scenes on rides, and re-theming others completely, to allow for *everyone* who attends to enjoy. If I was riding a ride at WDW and saw something that made light of my religious experiences or traditions, for example, I would want it changed, even if most others didn't see it as offensive. And, conversely, if Disney changes something that I don't find offensive, but clearly others do, I'm not going to raise a stink about it. Because shouldn't everyone be able to enjoy it?

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Will they edit the any and all G rated sexuality out of the movies? My kids are grown now, but wasn't that half the fun to see what jokes went over the kids heads? It's called creativity when you can do it and keep your G or PG rating. I guess we don't like creativity anymore.
    Yeah, I hope they don't change this. It's so funny to go back and watch stuff with my kids, and when a certain line is said their eyes get wide and they look at me and say, "Man, that totally went over my head when I was a kid. These movies are totally made for adults, too, aren't they?"
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: