Quantcast The Hits Keep Coming On This Trip

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Hits Keep Coming On This Trip

At some point, you just have to laugh. It is what it is. Staying in Trinidad has been a blessing and a curse. We are close to the Skyliner, which is wonderful when it is not busy. Truly a great convenience. The buses, on the other hand, are atrocious for Trinidad. Yesterday, no Animal Kingdom buses from 7:12 until where left by Ūber at 8:23, missing the open. Today, after a few bus fails, I quickly order an Über for Hollywood Studios. Disney cones the entrance road off until 9:00 am. We don’t get in until 9:48 despite being at the bus at 7:30. Ok. Dinner ADRs at 8:15 at House Of Blues. I tell my son we need to give enough time for bus mishaps. We arrive before 7:00. Despite Magic Kingdom, closing at 8:00 four buses come between 7:00-7:30. One Disney Spring bus arrives, but can only take one group. Another stops, but can’t take ANYONE because no one got off. 7:45 time to call Über. He gets us down quick. I ask to be let off in the West End. Flashing sign: “Disney Springs At Capacity.” He enters and they turn him around in the parking lot. I call House of Blues and tell them I will be late despite being in the parking lot and it is 8:03. I ask to be let out and we will walk. A Disney official says “No!” I explain what has happened and he lets my son and I cross the lot. We go through COVID protocols and are allowed entrance. We arrive late, but get a table. Not sure what to do tomorrow. It is our last day and we are going to the Magic Kingdom and we know the buses will be full by the time they get to Trinidad.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Wow! You're having quite the run of bad transportation luck! I hope tomorrow at the Magic Kingdom brings some magic.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Reading about all these transportation mishaps is making me glad we are staying offsite.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Reading about all these transportation mishaps is making me glad we are staying offsite.
    Don’t be too sure. Do some homework to see if things have changed. They were preventing non-Disney vehicles from entering Disney Springs tonight when it got crowded. They coned of the Highway, turning guests around and back toward World Drive until 9:00 am at Hollywood Studios before allowing them to enter the parking lot. Not sure if that was a one-time thing or a new policy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrPeetrie View Post
    Don’t be too sure. Do some homework to see if things have changed. They were preventing non-Disney vehicles from entering Disney Springs tonight when it got crowded. They coned of the Highway, turning guests around and back toward World Drive until 9:00 am at Hollywood Studios before allowing them to enter the parking lot. Not sure if that was a one-time thing or a new policy.
    Probably a new policy. In my head though, at least if that happens we won't be stuck at Disney World. There is a lot to see and do in Orlando, and I am not as loyal to Disney as I once was. They no longer do what is best for their customer, so I no longer feel the need to stay only at Disney.

7. Likes eam, texas211 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably a new policy. In my head though, at least if that happens we won't be stuck at Disney World. There is a lot to see and do in Orlando, and I am not as loyal to Disney as I once was. They no longer do what is best for their customer, so I no longer feel the need to stay only at Disney.
    It is amazing you say that because that is exactly my sentiment. I planned for tomorrow morning to express that to a manager. Not sure what affect it have. Still want it one the record that at the moment Disney World feels like its running a blatant money grab. Zero concern with the guest’s experience.

9. Likes Cinderelley, eam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never really felt that Disney Transportation was a "perk" of staying onsite. We stay onsite quite often, but just drive our own car. We get free parking at the parks for being a Disney Resort guest, you don't have to wait in the Disney Transportation lines, and you can just get from point A to point B much, much faster.

Years ago, we took a Disney bus from Port Orleans to Epcot. After the fireworks, we went to catch the bus. An hour later, we got one. The next time, we drove our car. After the fireworks, we walked out, drove out of the park, and tucked the kids into bed not 15 minutes later. I have *never* ridden a Disney bus since. I have no desire to ride the Skyliner, either. We love the monorail, though.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the bus was bad before now, much less now.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    I've never really felt that Disney Transportation was a "perk" of staying onsite. We stay onsite quite often, but just drive our own car. We get free parking at the parks for being a Disney Resort guest, you don't have to wait in the Disney Transportation lines, and you can just get from point A to point B much, much faster.

Years ago, we took a Disney bus from Port Orleans to Epcot. After the fireworks, we went to catch the bus. An hour later, we got one. The next time, we drove our car. After the fireworks, we walked out, drove out of the park, and tucked the kids into bed not 15 minutes later. I have *never* ridden a Disney bus since. I have no desire to ride the Skyliner, either. We love the monorail, though.
    I'm not a big fan of heights, so I can pass on the Skyliner. :P
    We have had some really great times on the Disney buses though, and most of the time, I really enjoyed it. I would get excited about the prospect of getting off of the plane and getting on the Magical Express. I wasn't as big of a fan of getting on it to go home (), but it did extend the Disney magic just a little longer for us. A couple of my favorite Disney stories to tell also occurred while waiting at the bus stops to go to the park. I know it isn't for everyone, but some of us really do enjoy the buses the majority of the time.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: