Quantcast Rider size

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Rider size

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rider size

Next trip in November I am travelling with a group and one individual with us is 6 foot 3 inches and well over 300 pounds. How does Disney handle such riders? Is it going to be reality that he may not be able to ride certain rides like Soarin and Test Track. Trying to get a hold on what might be a embarrassing situation for him and unfortunately he has never been to Disney before and so excited about going. Anyone have any experiences to share and help out? Thanks
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The height and weight, in themselves, should not be a problem. The concern is how "rotund" (Pooh-shaped) he is. My last trip had me at 5'10" and around 300# (+/-10) and the only two rides I had any concerns with were 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (hips) and Avatar Flight of Passage (belly.) Both were due to wide hips and a bit of "Dunlap's Disease" (My belly done lap over my belt! LOL) I wore a size 48 for jeans/pants.

Other than those two, Space Mountain might be a little tight - more due to leg room than anything else.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if you were planning on a stop at Universal too but don't do it if you are. My daughter-in-law is Pooh shaped, and she was treated very poorly when she couldn't fit on a Harry Potter ride. She came off of the ride crying and came very close to not trying Disney at all. Thankfully, she has never had a problem on a Disney ride.

My son is 6'4" and probably in the 250-300 pound range. He has been able to ride everything at Disney. I was very concerned about some of the size restrictions on Flight of Passage, due to my daughter-in-law's previous experience at Universal. I was measure everyone's legs to make sure they would fit. lol My son and daughter in law were able to ride just fine.

As PopPhan said, it is more of where the size is than anything. Ironically, I was the one they had trouble fitting into the seat at Flight of Passage. It was a chest size issue, but I am short, so the cast member was really struggling to get the body part of the ride vehicle to click into place.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree - Disney is very size friendly, with the biggest challenges being FOP and Mine Train. They are both smushy in different ways for people of all difference sizes, but overall they won't have issues and can just enjoy the rides.

Universal is indeed a different story and is less size-friendly. I'd stick with Disney for that alone (although Harry Potter is pretty darn awesome).
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

My son came over two nights ago, so I asked him about his point of view. He says that Space Mountain is pretty tough to squish his long legs into. He also said that the harness restraint on Rock N Rollercoaster is pretty tight on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    My son came over two nights ago, so I asked him about his point of view. He says that Space Mountain is pretty tough to squish his long legs into. He also said that the harness restraint on Rock N Rollercoaster is pretty tight on him.
    Talking knees, Small World, and I could use a vicodin and bourbon afterwards.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Talking knees, Small World, and I could use a vicodin and bourbon afterwards.
    It's a world of laughter a world of tears

10. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do some research, certain attractions have more legroom in certain rows IE Rockin Rollercoaster. The only thing I can’t ride is Seven Dwarves. Extremely uncomfortable for me. Space Mtn is out for me too since I had hip surgery.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: