Quantcast I am so done

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: I am so done

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am so done

I know we have all been struggling with 2020, but man, I am so done. I usually have an upbeat attitude, but it's difficult now.

Towards the beginning of all this mess, my wife's neck started to bother her. She went to bed fine and woke up with stiffness. Finally got in to see who she needed to see and there is some pinching and bulging going on. They gave her a shot but it did nothing. Not to mention, it caused her to have a little anxiety because the doctor told her if he is off by 1 millimeter, then she would be paralyzed. Anyway, did the shot, and it didn't help. They said she needed to have surgery. Our insurance denied her having surgery because she didn't have therapy first. The doctor didn't even want to think about therapy. It's been a roller coaster ride on that one. Finally she is doing therapy.

My MIL (83) was supposed to have knee replacement surgery last week..didn't happen. That same week, we went to have the car serviced. They rotated the tires and when my wife picked up the car, the tire fell off and went down the road! It took over a week for the dealership to fix the car. That same week was when my MIL was supposed to have surgery. They got down there and found out she had a sore on her leg and said that they could not do the surgery when she had a sore. So after my wife took her shopping. Well she didn't have her regular chair for her to get around, so my wife was having to push her. Not only did this hurt my wife's neck more, but when they got to a store, they bumped something and caused my MIL to fall out of her chair!

We finally got the car home, so now she can use her regular chair. Went to church today (I am the preacher) and it was a good service in my opinion. Well, we typically leave our dog outside while we are gone (mini dachshund), and he usually comes and greets us when we get home. He didn't do that today. We went looking for him. After about an hour or so, my wife finds him. Unfortunately, he was dead. It looked like something attacked him, he had teeth marks in him. He was also at the bottom of our burn pit. This was my MIL's best friend, she has had him since he was a puppy and he was only about 3-4 years old. This has devastated my two kids, and my wife and myself. It's just difficult and I needed someone to listen. Thank you.
    "That is just poor show" -Cruella DeVil

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleby View Post
    I know we have all been struggling with 2020, but man, I am so done. I usually have an upbeat attitude, but it's difficult now.

Towards the beginning of all this mess, my wife's neck started to bother her. She went to bed fine and woke up with stiffness. Finally got in to see who she needed to see and there is some pinching and bulging going on. They gave her a shot but it did nothing. Not to mention, it caused her to have a little anxiety because the doctor told her if he is off by 1 millimeter, then she would be paralyzed. Anyway, did the shot, and it didn't help. They said she needed to have surgery. Our insurance denied her having surgery because she didn't have therapy first. The doctor didn't even want to think about therapy. It's been a roller coaster ride on that one. Finally she is doing therapy.

My MIL (83) was supposed to have knee replacement surgery last week..didn't happen. That same week, we went to have the car serviced. They rotated the tires and when my wife picked up the car, the tire fell off and went down the road! It took over a week for the dealership to fix the car. That same week was when my MIL was supposed to have surgery. They got down there and found out she had a sore on her leg and said that they could not do the surgery when she had a sore. So after my wife took her shopping. Well she didn't have her regular chair for her to get around, so my wife was having to push her. Not only did this hurt my wife's neck more, but when they got to a store, they bumped something and caused my MIL to fall out of her chair!

We finally got the car home, so now she can use her regular chair. Went to church today (I am the preacher) and it was a good service in my opinion. Well, we typically leave our dog outside while we are gone (mini dachshund), and he usually comes and greets us when we get home. He didn't do that today. We went looking for him. After about an hour or so, my wife finds him. Unfortunately, he was dead. It looked like something attacked him, he had teeth marks in him. He was also at the bottom of our burn pit. This was my MIL's best friend, she has had him since he was a puppy and he was only about 3-4 years old. This has devastated my two kids, and my wife and myself. It's just difficult and I needed someone to listen. Thank you.
    Holy moly - what a horrible set of circumstances on top of what is already one of the most trying times in our lifetime.

I feel for you - sometimes I think I'm bad luck Schleprock from the Flintstones with my own personal little dark cloud on me. It's so hard sometimes to look on the bright side of life. Here's hoping you find the light in your own personal cloud soon and are back on the road to happiness.

Sorry for what you're going thru. Hope your wife finds out what's causing the pain.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, super sorry to hear of all your troubles. I think everyone is hoping for a much better 2021. Like you, I don't know how much more the general public can take before people start to snap. Hang in there!

@John, funny that you used the "Schleprock" reference. I still pull it out from time to time too. I guess only the Baby Boomers and Gen Xers will get that one?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry your family is having such a difficult time right now. I hope you are able to find some bright spots in the days that come.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Coleby,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time. I will keep you, your wife and MIL in my prayers.

Wouldn't it be nice on January 1st if we all wake up and realize 2020 was just a collective nightmare and the year is starting all over again?

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts."

7. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sorry. My life has also been a mess for several months so I can relate. Took a 30 day sabatical starting tomorrow. Too bad i cannot travel through europe. Thank god for the little rays of sunshine i see popping up here and there on intercot. It will always be my happy place. Already trying to figure out how to get there next week!

Post Thanks / Like

It is so hard to lose a furbaby.

It sounds like you guys all need a little relaxation. Do you have someone who can take over the services for a weekend while you guys do a mini getaway? I know it can be hard for pastors to give up control (I'm a preacher's daughter), but sometimes you gotta let go and let God.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: