Quantcast Some unexpected Disney Magic! Sort of...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Some unexpected Disney Magic! Sort of...

We went to Disneyland last fall for the first time ever with our children (aged 22, 19, and 14 at the time), and the first time since our 1st wedding anniversary back in 1996. We live in Virginia, and that's a looong trip. But we had also planned to see some National Parks (Channel Island, Sequoia, Kings Canyon) and also see LA and Hollywood. It was a fantastic family vacation. My cousin, Julie, and her husband and daughter flew in to join us for the Disneyland part of the trip. They live in Arizona, and go to DL a few times a year, so they were our "guides". We decided on that trip that they needed to join us at Walt Disney World, where they have never gone, this fall. So, we planned a family trip to Walt Disney World during the Thanksgiving season with their family, ours, and my sister's. Also, my wife's nurse (my wife is a surgeon, and we often take her office nurse with us as a Christmas bonus). In total, it was going to be about 16 people. We would just AirBNB a house somewhere in the area for the week.

Obviously, coronavirus happened. My wife and I had a 25th anniversary trip planned for May using DVC points. We had bought APs, knowing that we'd be going twice in one year. The anniversary trip was canceled, and as the pandemic continued, everyone decided that the big trip in November was not going to happen, so we canceled our dining reservations and managed to get the AirBNB rescheduled to May 2021.

My wife has been working a LOT the past four months, and desperately needs some down time. So, we decided that rather than lose our DVC points (that we were supposed to have used in May), let's take the kids who are all back home (because of the pandemic) and spend five days at Walt Disney World. We looked at school schedules and booked a 1-bedroom villa at Old Key West for the week of December 14th. We got our Park Reservations, bought the kids' tickets, and we're good to go. We didn't tell anyone.

Here's where the Disney Magic shows up...

Then last week, my cousin Julie texted me that they have decided that they also need a break, and since Disneyland hasn't reopened, that they're going to go to Walt Disney World for a few days on their own, and could we recommend some dining options and other tips for newbies. We texted back and forth, and then I commented that I was just sad that we wouldn't be there with them for their first time. She said, "Me, too. We'll be going the week of Dec. 14th." To which I responded, "THAT'S WHEN WE'LL BE THERE!"

They'll be staying offsite over in the Disney Springs area, but what are the odds that they decided to plan their first trip to Walt Disney World and it exactly lines up with ours?? So, we linked up My Disney Experience accounts, and have the same Park Reservations and I made some dining ressies as well. So excited to have them along, and to be able to be there with them! Their daughter is right inbetween my two oldest, and they're all looking forward to being able to hang out again. At first my wife was lamenting that we have to wait until December 14th for our trip, but now she's so excited! As am I! We know it won't be our normal experience, but if we frame it right (and we get to ride the Rise of the Resistance), then I think it will be a great trip nonetheless.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you all have a magical time! The holidays are such a fun time to be at Disney and I feel this year will be no exception!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a fun time!!
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Magic indeed!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so excited for you. It's so much fun to see people's reaction to their first trip to Disney World.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool! Have a great time.
    Jeff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: