Quantcast Barksy's Discovery

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barksy's Discovery

Hello People,
    I was playing around on my human's computer while she is at work and made an amazing discovery - a whole spreadsheet with Disney World plans dated for January 28, 2021 to February 6, 2021. It definitely doesn't look like our usual WDW spreadsheets, but there is a lot of fun packed in there.

It appears that the cast of characters will be
    Me of course - Barksy, golden retriever pup extraordinaire
    My human - Disney planner
    Aaron - My human's boyfriend - He's been to Disney World once and Disneyland once
    TJ - My human's boyfriend's roommate - this is starting to sound like the beginning to a horrible joke - Has never been to Disney
    Damian - Aaron's son - will be 9 years old when we go and has never been to a Disney park
    Ciara - Aaron's daughter - will be 7 years old when we go and has never been to a Disney park

1/28/21 - The kids live in Kentucky, so after everyone gets off of work on Thursday, we are flying into either Cincinnati or Louisville to pick them up depending on flight times/prices. I don't know how well my human will deal with the cold weather.

1/29/21 - We'll fly from Kentucky to Orlando. It will be a short flight, so that will be a nice change. The kids don't know about the trip, and the plan is to keep it that way - just in case the trip doesn't happen. Who knows what the future holds with Covid stuff. There are some fun ideas listed for surprising the kids the night we arrive or on the way today. We'll check into the timeshare and have dinner at Beaches N Cream. I'm sure my human can't wait to see the look on the kids' faces when the Kitchen Sink is brought out.

1/30/21 - Epcot - Our first day in a park in over a year! First though, we're having breakfast at Chef Mickey's. It is a bummer that we won't be able to get Mickey's autograph, but the kids won't know any differently. They will just be excited to see Mickey however he presents. There are only about 9 rides that we are aiming for at Epcot, so it should be a good chance to try out how DAS works with the new covid precautions. The park closes at 8 pm. We will miss schoolbread since Kringla Og Bakeri is closed. I will miss Illuminations most, but it wouldn't have been playing anyway. "We'll go on!"

1/31/21 - AK - Flight of Passage was Aaron's favorite ride of all the rides he's been on.
    There are 12 items listed on the spreadsheet from riding Flight of Passage to Maharah Jungle Trek. One of them, Festival of the Lion King, appears to be closed. Hopefully it will open before we go. I will have to be sure to take some toilet paper for my human if we get to see it. She always cries during this show - humans are weird- but we dogs are good at unravelling some toilet paper. Dinner is planned at the Yak and Yeti. This is something new. It's listed as being TJ's choice. AND, even more exciting, we are going to Toothsome Chocolate Emporium for dessert. It is at Universal's City Walk. Animal Kingdom closest at 5 pm, so we have plenty of time to go check out a different site.

2/1/21 - DHS - It looks like the plan is to Uber over to the Ale & Compass restaurant at the Yacht Club for breakfast. This is another new restaurant to try. After we eat, we'll hop on the boat to DHS. TJ wants to spend time looking around Galaxy's Edge. This whole day seems to be a gamble, but once again, the kids won't know if it doesn't work out as planned. The adults will be trying for RotR at 10 and 2. My brother Kyle isn't going with us on this trip, so my human isn't as stressed out about getting on the Star Wars rides. Phew!

2/2/21 - Rest day/Disney Springs - We will probably take the kids to the Lego Store, try to ride the hot air balloon, take the car boats out for a spin and then see if we can make smores and watch a movie at the Beach Club.

2/3/21 - MK day - Breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I know my human is really hoping that Crystal Palace will open up. Whispering Canyon Cafe is a back up to get our mandatory Mickey Waffles. Dinner will be at Pecos Bill's. We will have a delicious dinner! We will have to ride Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. My human will also want to get Aaron on Splash Mountain. She doesn't know how he has spent so much time at Disney and never been on Splash Mountain. We're bringing rain ponchos, so that we don't get soaked during the cold weather.

2/4/21 - MK day - Breakfast at Olivia's - Banana bread french toast - Here we come! Dinner at Cosmic Ray's or wherever we happen to be.

2/5/21 - Our last day will be back at AK for one last ride on Flight of Passage and anything else we want to repeat/squeeze in. Lunch at Satuli Canteen and then probably off to the airport for our flight back to Kentucky.

2/6/21 - Fly from Kentucky back to Phoenix. My human will be so glad to get back to the warm weather.

Here's hoping my human can pull it off! Have a pawesome day!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it will be a fun trip!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

4. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here’s hoping that everything is back to normal then and that things come off as planned. 😊

6. Likes Cinderelley liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: