Quantcast Need ideas for surprising kids

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need ideas for surprising kids

I need some ideas for surprising a boy aged 9 and a girl aged 7 either the night before we leave, the morning we are leaving or on the plane. What have you guys done or seen done before?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, back in the old days when our three kids were younger and Walt Disney World still did Star Wars Weekends, we planned a trip where we would leave on Friday, drive straight (10.5 hours), spend the weekend, and drive back on Monday. We didn't tell them. We sent them off to school, packed their bags, decorated the car with window chalk, and then went and picked them up around lunch. It was a lot of fun.

Other things we did was give them gifts related to Walt Disney World. Shirts, kids' guide books, and even suitcases (I think that there were Disney gifts in the suitcases). However, they didn't really get it. I think that the best ways I've seen are like what we did with that Star Wars Weekends trip. Either don't tell them anything, or tell them something completely different until they're in the car.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Well, back in the old days when our three kids were younger and Walt Disney World still did Star Wars Weekends, we planned a trip where we would leave on Friday, drive straight (10.5 hours), spend the weekend, and drive back on Monday. We didn't tell them. We sent them off to school, packed their bags, decorated the car with window chalk, and then went and picked them up around lunch. It was a lot of fun.

Other things we did was give them gifts related to Walt Disney World. Shirts, kids' guide books, and even suitcases (I think that there were Disney gifts in the suitcases). However, they didn't really get it. I think that the best ways I've seen are like what we did with that Star Wars Weekends trip. Either don't tell them anything, or tell them something completely different until they're in the car.
    Oh those sound like fun. We won't have our own car. We will be using a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Their mom will drop them off at our hotel either that night or in the morning. Then we will shuttle from the hotel back to the airport to head to Orlando. (Sorry I know the details are vague. I leave all the details about the kids between the two parents. I don't want to be THAT girlfriend. lol) I wonder if we can get another suitcase for them and pack it full of Disney stuff for them to open at the airport. The little girl loves Elsa. Maybe we can do Frozen themed stuff with a letter from Elsa.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: