Quantcast Heads up for debit/credit card fraud

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Heads up for debit/credit card fraud

I recently took a trip to ride the Royal Gorge train in Colorado. As I was going over my bank account to check my expenses, I noticed there were three charges that I didn't make. One of which was $70 for Uber Eats. I called my bank, which cancelled my card and issued me credit for the charges. He said my card would arrive in about 10 days. Standard stuff. I know a large percentage of us have to deal with fraud.

This though is where it became something that not everyone may know about. 2 days after that conversation with the bank, an $80 charge for Uber Eats appeared. Now, I have never used Uber Eats, and I hadn't received my new bank card. It had only been 2 days, so I didn't think anyone could have received my new bank card.

I called the bank back again. The guy said it had been a charge to my card ending in 6181. I told him that I never had a card ending in 6181 and asked if he could see what the new card coming ended in. It was 6181. After a few minutes, he said the new card was attached to my digital wallet. Up until that point, I had no idea what a digital wallet was or that it even existed. I asked him how someone could get my new card info to attach to a digital wallet when I didn't even have the card. He told me that when someone gets a new card, it automatically updates to the digital wallet. I managed to tell him in a civil manner that that was a stupid idea.

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on what could happen.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That is truly odd. Might be time to get a new bank. Also, when you say digital wallet - are you talking on an apple phone? If so, then it might be possible your Apple ID is compromised and you need to change the passwords.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That is truly odd. Might be time to get a new bank. Also, when you say digital wallet - are you talking on an apple phone? If so, then it might be possible your Apple ID is compromised and you need to change the passwords.
    Thank you for the heads up. I've never had my debit card attached to my phone, but I had my bf check my phone to make sure. He said nothing is on there thankfully.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: