Quantcast Entertainment Cuts at Walt Disney World Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Entertainment Cuts at Walt Disney World Resort

Name:  wehfhubj5kj610-624x352.jpg
Views: 1269
Size:  37.9 KB

The latest list of entertainment cuts from WDW include:

Animal Kingdom

Festival of the Lion King
    Finding Nemo – The Musical
    Pandora Utility Suit

EPCOT

Voices of Liberty (non-principal vocalists)

Hollywood Studios

Citizens of Hollywood
    Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
    Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
    Jedi Training Academy: Trials of the Temple
    Green Army Men
    Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Magic Kingdom
    Citizens of Main Street
    Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

Walt Disney World Resort

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
    Grand Floridian Society Orchestra

WALT DISNEY WORLD LAYOFFS REACH EQUITY MEMBERS

New York –
      Actors' Equity Association, the national labor union representing professional actors and stage managers in live theatre, released the following statement after signing a memorandum of understanding with Walt Disney World regarding layoffs of most of their Equity member employees. 

“Our hearts go out to all the cast members at Walt Disney World,” said Kate Shindle, president of Actors’ Equity Association. “Disney has made it clear that our members would face work reductions since they announced layoffs of nearly 28,000 employees. That does not make this news any less painful. These reductions are another tragic reminder that until the virus is brought under control with a national strategy for masks, testing and contact tracing, everyone who works in the arts needs help like extended pandemic unemployment insurance and federal COBRA health insurance subsidies.”

Before the pandemic, about 780 Equity members were employed at Walt Disney World, either full time, part time or seasonally. About 60 are currently working or about to return to work in the park. About 720 Equity member workers have now been laid off. According to the new MOU with Disney, these laid-off members maintain recall rights until the end of 2021.

Equity has been fighting for a governmental response to an arts industry shutdown since March, when it first asked for an economic relief package for an industry in crisis. The union then fought for the passage of the CARES Act in March, helping expand the bill to apply to arts workers who lost future work. It is currently fighting for passage of the HEROES Act, as well as a full COBRA subsidy for workers who have lost their employment-based insurance.

ACTORS' EQUITY ASSOCIATION
    , founded in 1913, is the U.S. labor union that represents more than 51,000 professional actors and stage managers. Equity endeavors to advance the careers of its members by negotiating wages, improving working conditions and providing a wide range of benefits (health and pension included). Member: AFL-CIO, FIA. www.actorsequity.org #EquityWorks

October 28, 2020###

https://www.actorsequity.org/news/PR/DisneyLayoffsMOU/

Last edited by John; 10-28-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

With these cuts, Disney is slicing the heart out of the magic. Another example of the loss of value against the price of admission.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it - Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    With these cuts, Disney is slicing the heart out of the magic. Another example of the loss of value against the price of admission.
    Not unexpected given the current state of things. I have two weeks vacation left this year and could book a trip tomorrow but it is not worth the risk to myself or my loved ones with pre-existing conditions. So we won’t go and I imagine there are a lot of people like me. DeSantis open everything 100 percent order does not add to any level of comfort I would have either. As a result Disney suffers and their employees suffer as well.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ha ha whoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Funny thing... I was in work last night and getting messages from someone who usually gives me legit info... Said FotLK, Nemo, BatB were closing... I didn't believe it of course, and obviously being at work, I couldn't do my due diligence trying to verify info... They I hear about Hoop Dee Doo and thought it was a complete joke... Reasons given were they cannot socially distance the performers... So, me being the anti Frozen everything asked about the sing a long, and the BatB sing a long in Epcot... Was told they aren't going anywhere.... I didn't believe the news until I got home at 1:30am and looked at FB while laying in bed... Saw the posts and couldn't believe it...

Figured Bob Chapek didn't get a large enough bonus after announcing 28,000 lay offs... I know most is Covid related but welcome to Disney under Chapek, a guy who failed upward... Just hope the Board realizes he is wrong for the job before it is too late... I think I will call him Bozo Bob for now on....

I cancelled my April trip, then last minute cancelled October... I am glad I did... I hope Disney gets back to some sort of normal in 2021... I have a load of DVC points I now need to use next year... Bad enough I seem to be losing 23 points for 2020... I refuse to lose almost 500 points for 2021...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

6. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Funny thing... I was in work last night and getting messages from someone who usually gives me legit info... Said FotLK, Nemo, BatB were closing... I didn't believe it of course, and obviously being at work, I couldn't do my due diligence trying to verify info... They I hear about Hoop Dee Doo and thought it was a complete joke... Reasons given were they cannot socially distance the performers... So, me being the anti Frozen everything asked about the sing a long, and the BatB sing a long in Epcot... Was told they aren't going anywhere.... I didn't believe the news until I got home at 1:30am and looked at FB while laying in bed... Saw the posts and couldn't believe it...

Figured Bob Chapek didn't get a large enough bonus after announcing 28,000 lay offs... I know most is Covid related but welcome to Disney under Chapek, a guy who failed upward... Just hope the Board realizes he is wrong for the job before it is too late... I think I will call him Bozo Bob for now on....

I cancelled my April trip, then last minute cancelled October... I am glad I did... I hope Disney gets back to some sort of normal in 2021... I have a load of DVC points I now need to use next year... Bad enough I seem to be losing 23 points for 2020... I refuse to lose almost 500 points for 2021...
    Can you rent them out?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.......just wow. Close popular shows to cut costs and save money and try to spin it as if they can't socially distance the talent. What a joke. They must seriously think we are all idiots and will buy that nonsense.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad indeed! I realize that folks have to individually evaluate their circumstances, but to me is also sad that people have been willing to just discard nearly 3/4's of a year. You may say that in the course of a lifetime it's probably a blink of the eye, but what about the people that didn't have a choice in this situation? What about the children who have been asked to give up so much? Most of us need to work. This has been devastating for so people at so many levels, and for what?

"The unexamined life is not worth living." Socrates
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

10. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Wow.......just wow. Close popular shows to cut costs and save money and try to spin it as if they can't socially distance the talent. What a joke. They must seriously think we are all idiots and will buy that nonsense.
    People will. They buy a lot of nonsense.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

12. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Can you rent them out?
    Probably... Haven't ever done so.... May look into it though...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

14. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    People will. They buy a lot of nonsense.
    Sadly, there are some people who will believe everything... And sadly, there are others who will profit off these weak minded people... Disney is no different... They will put out false information, and certain fans believe it cause Disney said it... therefore it must be true... And then, when given info and facts to show Disney lied, the fangs come out...

16. Likes Cinderelley liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: