Quantcast If you could re-theme ANY attraction...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If you could re-theme ANY attraction...

Let's have a little fun, shall we?

If you could re-theme ANY attraction, which one, and what would you do with it?

I'll start. I would turn The Country Bears into Lester's Possum Park.

Go!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Would bring back Eastern Airlines and put it like in United Airlines and bring back the song "IF You Have Wings!"
    March Madness 2024!!

Post Thanks / Like

Change Star Wars Land into Lord of the Rings Land. It would be glorious.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

OK, well, I meant if you could take any current Disney attraction and re-theme it with any Disney IP! Not that I wouldn't enjoy a good "Lord of the Rings" land...
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bonus Points for something more obscure/loess popular, like Lester's Possum Park from "A Goofy Movie".

To get you going, here are some Disney Parks Re-Themes:

Maelstrom -> Frozen
    Space Mountain (DL) -> Hyperspace Mountain
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride -> Winnie the Pooh
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea -> Finding Nemo
    Countdown to Extinction -> Dinosaur
    (Coming Soon) Splash Mountain -> Princess and the Frog
    DL - 1996, 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if this counts, more of an add-on, but turn the outside of Test Track into Tron as the inside is rather Tron-esque already.
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to flip Imagination back to the original.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

10. Thanks Wayne thanked for this post
    Likes Wayne, PopPhan, Bellhop97 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would re-theme Tomorrowland speedway into a "CARS" themed attraction with a drive-through building to have night-time neon scenes from Radiator Springs even when riding the attraction in the in the daytime.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    I would re-theme Tomorrowland speedway into a "CARS" themed attraction with a drive-through building to have night-time neon scenes from Radiator Springs even when riding the attraction in the in the daytime.
    I would just take "Radiator Springs Racers" from California Adventure. The whole CARS land for that matter. One of the best lands in any Disney Park IMO
    Contemp '78
    Offsite '84 & '88
    GF 11/02
    Beach Club 11/04
    GF 7/05
    GC DL 7/1-7/4/07
    BWV 11/3-11/07
    SSR 5/15-20/09
    BLT 11/6-14/10
    BLT 5/9-13/11
    BLT 6/23-7/1/12
    BLT 8/17-25/13
    BLT 8/23-31/14
    BLT 6/20-28/15
    GC DL 6/21-25/16
    BLT 8/26-9/3/17
    BLT 8/25-9/2/18
    BLT 8/24-9/1/19
    GF 8/28-9/5/21

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andypooh View Post
    I would just take "Radiator Springs Racers" from California Adventure. The whole CARS land for that matter. One of the best lands in any Disney Park IMO
    Radiator Springs Racers just feels like a re-themed Test Track to me.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really like re-theming things, because it could be taking away someone's favorite ride. If I had to choose something though, I would take away Dino-Land and make a Lion King themed area. You could even keep the boneyard as the Elephant Graveyard, since I know a lot of little ones like that area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    I don't really like re-theming things, because it could be taking away someone's favorite ride. If I had to choose something though, I would take away Dino-Land and make a Lion King themed area. You could even keep the boneyard as the Elephant Graveyard, since I know a lot of little ones like that area.
    My kids loved the Boneyard. Lots of great memories there. We will definitely be sad if they get rid of that area, as we were sad when they took out the "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" playground. Of course, my "kids" are now 23, 21 (in a two weeks), and 15. But, they grew up on those two playgrounds.

My 21 year old went to Walt Disney World on a band trip back as a freshman in high school, and some of the boys in her group were getting a little rowdy. They had never been to DHS, and so she took them to the HISTK playground. Their eyes got wide, they took off into the playground, she and a couple of her friends just sat down and talked like parents do, and they didn't see those boys for an hour. They LOVED it.

All that said, I like the idea of re-theming the Boneyard to be a Lion King play area. I think that works!
    DL - 1996, 2019

16. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even though it it 'technically' in Dinoland, turn Chester 'N Hester's area into an Indian (as in the country) themed area. It looks like there might be some area for expansion back and toward the Finding Nemo theater.....Move Chester 'N Hester's Gift Shop closer to the Dinosaur ride to make more room.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

18. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would want to bring back Mr Toad's wild ride.. where Pooh is..

20. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Tom Sawyer's Island is used much and, unfortunately, I don't think many even know who Tom Sawyer is. I always thought more could be done with that area. Perhaps they could make a modern Tom Sawyer movie and then put some life into that area.

I also have never really liked the Chester 'N Hester area of Dinoland. I know it is themed to look like a cheap tourist trap carnival-like area, but that always seemed like an easy cop-out to avoid spending money. I would like something done with that area. I like the Dinosaur/extinct animals theme, but prefer a more immersive area like they have been building lately.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post
    I don't think Tom Sawyer's Island is used much and, unfortunately, I don't think many even know who Tom Sawyer is. I always thought more could be done with that area. Perhaps they could make a modern Tom Sawyer movie and then put some life into that area.
    The island was one place I've been trying to figure out what would make sense. I thought that maybe something "Treasure Island" themed, but that's no better than Tom Sawyer. Maybe something having to do with Pirates of the Caribbean? Build the town of Tortuga on it or something.
    DL - 1996, 2019

Post Thanks / Like

I would retheme Frozen into a ride called Maelstrom. I would then build a Frozen ride somewhere else in the park.

24. Likes Cinderelley, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    The island was one place I've been trying to figure out what would make sense. I thought that maybe something "Treasure Island" themed, but that's no better than Tom Sawyer. Maybe something having to do with Pirates of the Caribbean? Build the town of Tortuga on it or something.
    I was thinking maybe Pirates too. I guess they are having a new movie coming out. The island is separated from Adventureland, so they would have to figure our how to blend it in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper View Post
    I was thinking maybe Pirates too. I guess they are having a new movie coming out. The island is separated from Adventureland, so they would have to figure our how to blend it in.
    Since the PotC ride already exists, it would not be a good idea to have another area dedicated to Pirates in the same park. Maybe turn it to a "Descendants" theme and make it into Auradon. That would also allow for some token Villian area in the park.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Treasure Planet

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: