Quantcast At home Virtual Disney attractions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default At home Virtual Disney attractions

Hey guys. my family recently got an occults quest 2. Wow the 360-degree interactive VR is so much fun. There are some very low quality 360-degree Disney attraction ride throughs available on you tube. Not great but still fun.
    I thought Disney would get in on this amazing technology for the home user but i realize that if we could all go to Disney interactively park attendance might suffer.
    BUT... What if Disney created virtual ride throughs of all the great rides that are no longer in existence,
    Who would not want to see Mr. Toads Wild Ride? Older versions of Spaceship Earth. Horizons.
    The Great Movie Ride Etc. World of Motion
    Can we here at Intercot maybe start a grass roots movement to convince Disney imagineers this would be a profitable investment for Disney. What do you all think?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be awesome if Disney did this. I don't think park attendance would suffer if they did current rides though. No matter how great the experience is at home, it isn't the same as being there.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

While I don't have a VR setup (yet), I'm dying to try one out. Until then, I've been feeding my Disney park addiction watching a few of the various live streams from the parks/resorts on YouTube. It sure has helped me get through this stupid pandemic with a little better attitude. Better than just about anything the networks offer (at least for Disney fans), and the associated chat streams that go along with them can be entertaining too...sometimes they're hilarious! I won't mention any specific stream by name, but the brother/sister combo on Friday nights (Josh & Jenna) is my favorite.
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to see rides when I'm not at Disney. It wouldn't stop me from going.

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

6. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brad192 View Post
    While I don't have a VR setup (yet), I'm dying to try one out.
    You might check out your local University's library. I worked at the Virginia Tech library for years, and not only did we create a Studio where you could walk in and just try it out (staffed by students who would load up experiences for you), but I ran a studio where people could actually check out equipment like cameras, GoPros, DJ Mixing Boards/Turntables, and VR headsets (complete with the high-powered laptop needed to run it). A lot of Universities are doing things like this now, and are open to letting "locals" use those resources.

Of course, COVID protocols might have that restricted currently. But once things open back up, you should see if there is anything like this around.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: