Quantcast Park Pass Reservations and AP Holders

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Park Pass Reservations and AP Holders

Unintended consequences.

Did you guys know that Walt Disney World modified park access for AP holders? I didn't. I knew that you had to get a Park Pass Reservation to enter a park, and that you can do that as far as out you need to, but did you know that AP holders can only get three Park Pass Reservations at a time?

So, say, if you have a Walt Disney World vacation planned for a group of 16 people, and those people all have 7 day passes, including your kids, and you're not staying on property, everyone else can get PP ressies for the entire week, but you and your spouse who have APs cannot. You can only get three ressies.

I get the policy, kind of. They don't want AP holders to book a ton of park pass ressies that they may not use and take up available slots. And since we're not staying on property, they have no way of knowing when our vacation will be, nor how long.

Or do they? I mean, OUR CHILDREN have 7-day tickets with Park Pass Reservations, and our accounts are all linked. You would think that they could go in and say, "Hey, this is a family and they're clearly going to be at these parks on these days. Let's allow the parents to make reservations for those days."

Nope. We have to travel to Florida and use those first three days. Then, at midnight after the first three have been used, we can attempt to get a Park Pass reservation for that very morning. If there are none, then we can't go to the park with our kids and other family members. Even though we have ANNUAL PASSES.

This might be the most frustrated I've ever been with Walt Disney World. To be fair, i'm on the phone with the AP Help Desk right now, and they're trying to see what they can do. It might all work out. But just the idea that we might not be able to get into a park with APs when we've tried to follow all of the rules and plan ahead, etc, etc, infuriates me.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

While it's annoying it's not quite as bad as you make it out to be.

1) You don't have to wait to use up all 3 of your days. As soon as the first day is finished you can make your next one, so basically you can always have 3 lined up.

2) They post the parks that have AP availability and which days have limited availability for certain parks. Currently the only days with any limitations for APs over the next 6+ months are the Saturday and Sunday of Valentines day weekend where APs can't get Hollywood Studios reservations. Literally every other park on every other day can be made, including all 4 parks for tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, etc.
    https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/av...egment=tickets

Is what it is, but functionally you're not nearly as limited as you seem to think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    They post the parks that have AP availability and which days have limited availability for certain parks. Currently the only days with any limitations for APs over the next 6+ months are the Saturday and Sunday of Valentines day weekend where APs can't get Hollywood Studios reservations. Literally every other park on every other day can be made, including all 4 parks for tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, etc.
    I hope that's the case. But I hate to leave it to chance. And we shouldn't have to. That's the frustration.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

In case anyone cares to know, i have no update. They elevated my case to some kind of team, and apparently they are working through a backlog of similar problems. I'm not sure what the resolution will be, but I'll post it when they let me know.
    DL - 1996, 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Update!

Walt Disney World Customer Service (or the AP people, whoever) have now updated my My Disney Experience account, and they have given us Park Pass Reservations to match those of the rest of our family! I haven't heard back from them, but I just happened to check MDE this morning, and there they are, already set up for us!

So nice to not have to worry about this anymore.
    DL - 1996, 2019

7. Likes Cinderelley, PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    Update!

Walt Disney World Customer Service (or the AP people, whoever) have now updated my My Disney Experience account, and they have given us Park Pass Reservations to match those of the rest of our family! I haven't heard back from them, but I just happened to check MDE this morning, and there they are, already set up for us!

So nice to not have to worry about this anymore.
    I have so glad they fixed it for you.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

9. Likes azcavalier liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: