Quantcast New Expeditions for the World Famous Jungle Cruise at Walt Disney World & Disneyland

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation New Expeditions for the World Famous Jungle Cruise at Walt Disney World & Disneyland

Walt Disney Imagineering has announced that it is reimagining the 'world famous' Jungle Cruise at both Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom park and the original attraction at Disneyland park:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

Walt Disney Imagineering is building on the story of the Jungle Cruise at both Disneyland park at Disneyland Resort and Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort to include new adventures that stay true to the experience we know and love – more humor, wildlife and skipper heart – and also reflect and value the diversity of the world around us.

Imagineer Kevin Lively – former Jungle Cruise skipper – shares a transmission from the world’s most remote tropical rivers!

Name:  jck023948023934252482094823420-1024x576.jpg
Views: 1976
Size:  66.4 KB

Continuing a tradition that Walt Disney started more than six decades ago when he first enhanced the Jungle Cruise, the new creative concept for our river’s journey will be original to Walt Disney Imagineering, just like the attraction itself. Here’s a first look at some of the “gnu” magic we’re adding:

Name:  jccb029348029480294820934823094823094.jpg
Views: 2024
Size:  83.5 KB

Name:  jcrb023948204982034923432820349.jpg
Views: 1990
Size:  99.4 KB

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks PopPhan, Jeff thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This is an update that I’m looking forward to. The jungle cruise is one of my favourite, and bringing some new scenery will add to the fun. Can’t wait to see the gnu changes!

5. Thanks John thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to the updates - certainly things have advanced since the ride was first introduced that could add to the story. Speaking of story, while I like the idea of new story lines - I have a concern based on the press release that the magic of the original incarnation may be disturbed.

As with most things - time will tell - but the humour on this attraction was classic - playing on so many levels. Cartoonish even. I hope modern day sensibilities (I'm looking at you Pirate's of the Caribbean... a 10 for a hen...) don't ruin the playfulness of Jungle Cruise.

We'll see.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

7. Likes PopPhan, Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Love the look of these updates, especially putting the Skippers' in as they are so much a part of the attraction. Jungle Cruise is one DH's and my favourite rides and usually go on it several times. Just hope they keep the corny cheesy aspect as that is what Jungle Cruise is all about and we love about it. The boa that has a crush on you, the backside of water, we know the jokes are coming and don't care. We love it all!
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

9. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is going to be a story to this ride now??? Phew... Let's face it, the ride stunk... If your skipper was terrible, the ride was boring... The skippers made the ride...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    This is an update that I’m looking forward to. The jungle cruise is one of my favourite, and bringing some new scenery will add to the fun. Can’t wait to see the gnu changes!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    There is going to be a story to this ride now??? Phew... Let's face it, the ride stunk... If your skipper was terrible, the ride was boring... The skippers made the ride...
    But tell us how your really feel Bobby. LOL

The skippers were the ride. Still enjoyed it even with it being as low tech as it was. I'm not going to say it stunk at all just because Disney didn't do their job and put the right people in the position to make it fun. Always loved it when they went a little off script at night and you could tell they knew how to work the crowd.

Bottom line - updates are fine but if they remove the playfulness of he skippers - then I'll be dissapointed.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

13. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been doing the Jingle cruise the last few times I've been there and I hope that will continue with this gnu section. I agree that the skippers are the whole ride. If you get a good one you want to go right back on again and I've done that a few times. a bad one just wants you to try again and get a better skipper! just dont fix it like they did Pirates!
    fw 75-80-85-90
    cbr 95-98-01
    pofq-02-05-09-13-15
    disney wonder aug 08
    Disneyland Mar 18
    Contemporary Dec 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    But tell us how your really feel Bobby. LOL

The skippers were the ride. Still enjoyed it even with it being as low tech as it was. I'm not going to say it stunk at all just because Disney didn't do their job and put the right people in the position to make it fun. Always loved it when they went a little off script at night and you could tell they knew how to work the crowd.

Bottom line - updates are fine but if they remove the playfulness of he skippers - then I'll be dissapointed.
    Maybe stunk was too strong... It is a classic, and because of that, nostalgia plays a large role in the longevity of the ride... Mediocre may have been a better word....

But as we said, the skippers made the ride... And remove that aspect, the ride is not that good... It is not like Living with the Land, where removing the guides didn't really affect that ride much... Removing the skippers??? Would kill Jungle Cruise...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I probably don't need to post anything about this at all because I've always felt a bit indifferent to this attraction and I'm feeling the same about the changes. That said, I'm sure I'll make it point to check it out when the changes are in place and I'm sure I'll enjoy them in the moment, and then forget about it until the next time I ride.
    Nice work, pal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: