Quantcast Required mask wearing thru 2021?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Required mask wearing thru 2021?

My husband just read an article stating that Disney is going to require masks thru 2021.
    We were at Disney in October and it was hands down our worst trip ever. We all agreed that we would not return until the mask requirements are gone. We are currently planning our next trip for December 10-18. However, after reading that article we are now rethinking our plans. Do you think the article is accurate? If we change dates, do you think end of January or February will be mask free? Opinions please!!
    Jodie

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that they'll end the mask requirement by Christmas. Of course, that depends on whether or not we reach herd immunity and the vaccines (and continued mask wearing/social distancing) work in the face of the mutations of the virus. I know that our public schools here are planning to run school as normal next school year. By then, all adult (who are willing) should be vaccinated, and they are supposed to start on the teenagers in the summer sometime. So, by the end of the year we should all be vaccinated.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

According to Bob Chapek last week they anticipate masks being required through the rest of 2021. He hopes things will ease in early 2022. We shall see things are ever changing.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, I don't think anyone can know for sure how long we will need to keep wearing masks as there are a number of variables at play including how quickly people get vaccinated, how many people choose to (or choose not to) get vaccinated, how many variants of the disease emerge, how quickly any variants spread, and how effective the current batch of vaccines will be against those emerging variants. If all goes well, Disney may be able to modify/discontinue mask wearing sooner rather than later. If spread is not adequately checked, it may be necessary to extend the time mask wearing is required.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think that Disney will be very cautious in lifting the Covid guidelines. We'll be wearing a mask at Disney longer than in other places I would think. Even as the pandemic moves towards an "end" with vaccination, it would be a public relations nightmare if they tracked a major outbreak or super-spreader event to Disney World. So, I'd prepare for masks through all of 2021, and we'll see what 2022 brings.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Herd immunity. Vaccinations. Variants....politics and nothing else will determine how long masks are required.

10. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As a front line medical worker I always feel bad when politics is put before the medical science of the pandemic!

Post Thanks / Like

But.....mask or no mask...I can't wait for my next trip in September!!!!!

13. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleen3162 View Post
    As a front line medical worker I always feel bad when politics is put before the medical science of the pandemic!
    Part of the problem is that science is not exact, so people pick which science they want to believe.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

This all can't end soon enough. That's all I have to say on that.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

16. Likes PopPhan, Jeff, Imalismom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Politics vs belief systems verses which type of schooling you had which makes you defend your own position......sounds like a lot of scapegoating for what we personally want.
    I am the resident relations director at an assisted living. I have to many dear friend who have lost their lifes for this to becomee a political manipulation. We just need to do the right thing to allow peope to have a respected and positive end of life experience. Untill you have to tell a wife she will never see her husband of 73 years again after he is sent to the hospital and has died without her by his side.....you have not truely understood what fighting over the particulars mean. Humanity should raise above it all. If i have to wear my mask to keep everyone safe. I will. No ifs, ands, or buts. I wish you would to. That way we can all be proud together.

18. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post
    Untill you have to tell a wife she will never see her husband of 73 years again after he is sent to the hospital and has died without her by his side.....you have not truely understood what fighting over the particulars mean.
    This should never happen. This type of thing really, really irks me. We fought for family's rights to be at their loved one's bedside at the end of their lives if they wanted to be. They can even pick up subtle alterations that allow us to step in before it came to that point. There isn't any reason why a wife. . . husband. . . whatever can't be at the bedside. They've already been exposed to whatever the patient has. The medical staff is already protected from whatever the patient has. Patient rights have been trampled in the name of Covid.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I feared as much. It should be an interesting trip come June. Wearing a mask outside for several hours each day under a hot Florida sun doesn't sound like much fun. Add to it limited experiences, no water parks, limits on park visitation and more complicated dining...it just doesn't sound like fun but I think we are probably already too deep at this point. Please tell me I can at least sit poolside without a mask on?
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

You can only have a mask off when in the water at the pool at this time

22. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would think certainly through the end of 2021 for masks. We'll have ours on in any case! LOL! We visited recently with masks at WDW and it wasn't bad. After day 2 you pretty much forget you have it on. We're looking forward to our summer trip!
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I have no doubt they will be required through the end of 2021. The vaccination process is going to drag on for most if not the entire year. Then the politics will drag on and with Disney being a liberal slanted company, they are going to keep the mask requirement in place longer than anybody most likely.

All I really know for certain is this means I most likely won't be visiting this year. I'm not going to go as long as masks are required. I still battle to make myself wear them for 10 or 15 minutes in a store. There is no way I would make it through hours in a park. I hate wearing them with a passion and I only wear them so I don't have to argue with random crazy ladies here and there. I basically wear one for brief periods to avoid conflict. At the same time, I avoid going places any more than necessary where I know I will have to wear one. I don't even need to be wearing one since I already had Covid way back the end of May, in the very beginning, and have since been directly exposed multiple times without getting sick again. I am about as immune as a person could get. Anyway, I will be glad when all this nonsense is over so we can just move on with life.......Rant over. lol

25. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post

All I really know for certain is this means I most likely won't be visiting this year. I'm not going to go as long as masks are required. I still battle to make myself wear them for 10 or 15 minutes in a store. There is no way I would make it through hours in a park. I hate wearing them with a passion and I only wear them so I don't have to argue with random crazy ladies here and there. I basically wear one for brief periods to avoid conflict. At the same time, I avoid going places any more than necessary where I know I will have to wear one. I don't even need to be wearing one since I already had Covid way back the end of May, in the very beginning, and have since been directly exposed multiple times without getting sick again. I am about as immune as a person could get. Anyway, I will be glad when all this nonsense is over so we can just move on with life.......Rant over. lol
    I love your rant, exactly how I feel. Thank you.
    Jodie

27. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinKy View Post
    After day 2 you pretty much forget you have it on. We're looking forward to our summer trip!
    Tips or tricks on how to make this happen would be greatly appreciated.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    You can only have a mask off when in the water at the pool at this time
    I guess we better work on our base tan at home otherwise we'll look like a reverse Homer Simpson.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

30. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: