Quantcast Breaking: Face Coverings returning to Walt Disney World indoors…

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Breaking: Face Coverings returning to Walt Disney World indoors…

Here we go again....Name:  227699531_10160074331119505_2362914902836211238_n.jpg
Views: 1017
Size:  56.5 KB
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2. Thanks TikiLounger thanked for this post
    Likes TikiLounger liked this post
    Dislikes baldburke disliked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Bummer
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

5. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

*heavy sigh*
    Nice work, pal.

7. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunate, but with the number of people who refuse to wear the masks and/or get the vaccine(s,) it is not surprising.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say I am upset to see this. Need to get the numbers down in the Orlando area

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry John, had to give you the "dislike" button. We went in June in hopes that rules would loosen up and they did. The indoor mask mandates dropped just after we arrived. It's been less than less than two months that the masks have been off. I'll keep the politics out of it for the sake of Intercot, but our supreme leader has lost his mind and is not in control anyway. We are a such a bad place. #followthescience #mybodymychoice
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

11. Likes RunDMV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Sorry John, had to give you the "dislike" button. but our supreme leader has lost his mind and is not in control anyway.
    I'm not following? I've lost my way? LOL - or are you talking the leader of the country. Anyhoo...

Quite frankly, the CDC isn't stating the science behind the latest decisions (still waiting for Rochelle Walensky to do so), and the delta variant, while extremely contagious doesn't seem to be effecting those vaccinated and if it follows the path it has in other countries will only last around 45-50 days before it burns out.

Here's what I was able to find... CDC FACTS as of July 19, 2021:

4072 people have been hospitalized for breakthrough symptomatic infections and 849 have perished out of 161 million Americans vaccinated.

0.003 % hospitalization rate
    0.0005 % death rate

You are more likely to die of a bee sting, dog attack, car crash, drowning, sunstroke or choking on food than you are of dying from COVID if you are fully vaccinated.

The bottom line is if we actually shared this good news, more people might get vaccinated instead of hiding it and spreading fear.

I am not a fan of masks - and in fact have not been to the parks since February of 2020 because of it. Was only starting to plan a couple trips ahead because the requirements were dropped - and then here we are again.

So... that's that.

John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

13. Thanks TikiLounger thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan, TikiLounger, baldburke, TheVBs, Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm glad about this? We've always had an indoor mask mandate up here ... the soonest it will removed is the end of September, so I was surprised when it was removed in the first place at Disney. I wonder if this will make people feel safer about visiting again (like it would me), or drive people away instead?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

15. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I think I'm glad about this? We've always had an indoor mask mandate up here ... the soonest it will removed is the end of September, so I was surprised when it was removed in the first place at Disney. I wonder if this will make people feel safer about visiting again (like it would me), or drive people away instead?
    In reality, I don't think it has hurt, or helped, Disney at all. As soon as the gates opened, people showed up...in droves! Some will cancel, or not book, vacations because of this, others will use this as a reason to book. It all depends upon YOUR personal 'virus mentality.'

For myself, it really doesn't make me happy, but that is more because it means that 'the spread' is getting worse rather than better. But, masks or no masks, I will not cancel my January vacation.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'm not following? I've lost my way? LOL - or are you talking the leader of the country. Anyhoo...

No, it was more a jab at the man at 1600 PA Ave. Again, not wanting to make it political, but I think we are on the same page!

Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: