It’s been almost 2 years since we’ve been to WDW (previously went twice per year). If your thinking of staying at the Contemporary in the garden wing (one of the first deluxe resorts that re-opened when we re-scheduled last year) i would advise against it. The parking was terrible (construction workers took up most of the parking lot), the rooms seemed dated, there’s a lack of elevators in the garden wing and the resort in general is heavily under construction. The positive for our trip was that we frequented the monorail with its ease of access. We also enjoyed the re-imagined Chef Mickeys and the pool areas. We will definitely be returning to our favorite Beach Club next year instead however.

We go the same time in September every year and the crowd levels were normal for this time of year. There were waits, but not unbearable. We definitely missed fast pass. We had a hard time getting a boarding group but were successful our second day we went to Hollywood Studios for Rise of the Resistance. As far as covid measures I thought that that all the parks (Universal & Sea World included) were not doing a good job. Disney was doing the best out of the three, but there was zero distancing. Masks were not worn or enforced anywhere but at Disney (and that was scattershot). There was no sanitizing. Hand sanitizer stations at Magic Kingdom were often empty. I was actually shocked on how relaxed it was. I expected more I guess.

Regardless, we still had a great time. Enjoyed the parks, and hit Halloween Horror Nights (which was GREAT to be back at) and Howl O Scream (which was another fun night). Already planning for next year when Ratatouille and hopefully some more of Epcot is complete (what a mess right now, sad state for the 50th)