Quantcast Changing tickets from non park hopper to park hopper

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Changing tickets from non park hopper to park hopper

I was wondering if it's possible to change ticket types? Hubby and I will be there for food and wine in about a month and currently have regular tickets. I got those ones because I thought you could only park hop IF the park were available. Meaning, you had to reserve the park you want to hop to (after 2pm of course). I figured, why spend the money on park hoppers if there's a chance you can't get a reservation at the park you want to go to.

Along the same lines, can you park hop to multiple parks (after your initial reservation) or is it a 1 park hop type of deal?

If I CAN change my tickets to hoppers, how do I do that?

Thanks!
    77-85:Day Trips at Easter
    88:Fort Wilderness
    91:Swan(Honeymoon)
    99:Wilderness Lodge
    00:Caribbean Beach
    02:POR
    03:Coronado Springs/Polynesian
    04:POR/Polynesian
    06:POR
    07:POR
    08:POR
    09:Polynesian

12:POR
    14:POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can add the hopper to any valid park ticket. Probably the best way would be to go to Guest Services at a park. It is a single price for the length of your ticket. You MAY be able to do it quickly on the My Disney Experience app.

You could 'hop' to the three other parks, if you wanted to, on the same day, but since hopping is not allowed until 2pm, it really wouldn't make much sense to do so. There is a lot of travel time between parks.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I literally just read a "Trip Report" I had written in November 2001, where we visited 3 parks in one day and had a ball. It blew my mind. Disney transportation must have been much more efficient back then.

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We've hopped to 3 parks in a day lots of times over the years. There's no way I think it's worth it to pay for Park Hoppers now.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney-4-Me View Post
    We've hopped to 3 parks in a day lots of times over the years. There's no way I think it's worth it to pay for Park Hoppers now.
    I get what you're saying, but don't really see the concerns you have with 'hopping' now.

Typically, I would use the hopper often to split my day between a 'morning' park and an 'evening' park. If you do your 'morning' park from rope drop to around 1-2pm, you would get 5-6 hours in that park, then travel to your second park to get another 5-6 hours (or more, depending upon closing time) there. This is especially helpful when your 'morning' park is AK, which typically closes much earlier than the other three.

Just for giggles, let's take today (Nov. 1, 2021) as an example....
    MK 9am - 9pm
    EP 10am - 10pm
    DHS 9am - 9pm
    AK 8am - 7pm

Not taking the 'early' 1/2 hour for resort guests, or the 2 hour 'evening' bonus hours for Deluxe/DVC guests, my example of best use of the hopper follows:

'Rope drop' AK, you could get 5 hours (or more) there before 'hopping.' The hop over to EP until close, for up to 8 hours there. That's 13 hours (give or take, due to travel time) in parks, and in my opinion, a good usage of the hoppper.

Worst case scenario would be MK or DHS for the 'morning' park and hopping to AK, but that would still allow for 4-5 hours in your 'morning' park, followed by up to 5 hours in AK. That still gives you 10 hours (again, give or take due to transportation) in parks for the day.

As in anything else in life..."Your results may vary." LOL

Trying to do 3 parks (or all 4) in a day and make it worthwhile has always been a difficult thing to achieve without extended evening hours, but in my opinion, doing 2 can be well worth it.

Now, the current 'after 2' system does have the big drawback of not being able to just hop somewhere else if the park you start in gets busy early, but that is no different than having no hopping option.

Again, these are just my thoughts and you can disagree (or agree) if you like.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: