Quantcast MagicBand+ Unlocks New Interactive Experiences at Walt Disney World Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default MagicBand+ Unlocks New Interactive Experiences at Walt Disney World Resort

In 2013, Walt Disney World Resort introduced the MagicBand, a revolutionary way to make the guest experience in its theme parks and resorts more convenient and hands-free, including park and guest room entry, retail and dining, Disney PhotoPass and more. The next-generation MagicBand+ will retain those popular features and add new functionality to unlock experiential moments of magic throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks and resorts.

After a guest enters a theme park, MagicBand+ will come alive at various times with
    color changing lights, haptic vibrations and gesture recognition, enhancing the environment’s immersive storytelling. The wearable will allow guests to engage with favorite Disney moments in new ways and discover new interactive experiences, including:

Name:  DSC06415.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  DSC06474.jpg
Views: 1145
Size:  27.3 KB

• Play like a bounty hunter in a galaxy far, far away and find virtual bounties throughout Black Spire Outpost in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
    • Interact with the “Disney Fab 50 Character Collection,” the golden sculptures spread throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks.
    • Experience nighttime spectaculars in a new way as they see their bands light up and complement the magic in the skies, including the new “Harmonious” at EPCOT and “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom Park.

More details about MagicBand+ and its capabilities will be revealed in the future.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

2. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes baldburke liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Last trip I did most everything via the app. I'd rather not wear the band if I don't have to. Plus, my phone is almost always with me anyway. The only times when I really used my band was while at the pool and I left my phone in the room charging. But hey, I get that some people like the fashion statement.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Wonder how long the battery lasts with all the graphics and vibrations and motion sensors....If they are not 'rechargeable' they may be a waste of $$$
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Interesting. Wonder how long the battery lasts with all the graphics and vibrations and motion sensors....If they are not 'rechargeable' they may be a waste of $$$
    Great point! We’re booked for June and I haven’t ordered MagicBands yet. The $10 bands are limited colors and we’re not really fans of the available colors. I was thinking of waiting to see when these new ones would be available but your point has me second guessing myself. Plus, the new ones will cost more, I’m sure. We have bands from 2017 but I’m not sure they work. I know we can bring them and if they don’t we can buy new ones there, but we won’t get them for $10 pre-arrival price. I also know we don’t need the bands these days but we like the convenience of the band and don’t want to use our phones for everything or pull out the card or wear it around our necks. I’m glad Disney gives us options. I’m ok with paying for the $10 bands. We might just be stuck with whatever colors are available.

7. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j2k View Post
    We have bands from 2017 but I’m not sure they work. I know we can bring them and if they don’t we can buy new ones there, but we won’t get them for $10 pre-arrival price.
    I think the battery life is around 2 years, so you may not want to plan on using your 2017 MagicBands.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    I think the battery life is around 2 years, so you may not want to plan on using your 2017 MagicBands.
    That's what I figured. That's why I'm planning on buying new bands. Trying to decide on the current bands or waiting for the new ones. Either way, buying ahead would/should allow for the pre-arrival price. It's questionable at this point if the Magicbands+ will have a pre-arrival discounted price.

Post Thanks / Like

Last trip I had my regular dull MagicBand (no +) but often used my Apple Watch instead. One on each wrist so whatever was closest to the reader was what I used.
    "Just a dream away"

Number of visits:
    Lost count a long time ago!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know when the new bands will be available?
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: