Quantcast Disney Prices

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney Prices

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Disney Prices

Has anyone really paid attention to prices at Disney World? My goodness. They are beyond out of control. $700 a night for a stay at the Beach Club Resort. $455 for Genie+ passes for a family of 4 - and to make matters worse this rebranded FastPass service was free for years. Being charged up to $35 per night to park at your Disney resort, which by the way is already overpriced at $700 per night! When will it end?

I'm a long-time Disney fan, who has vacationed at Disney World 22 out of the last 23 years - yeah I'm nuts! I may be at the end of the road and looking to vacation elsewhere. Not something I want to do, but the prices, the sheer greed by Disney leadership making it very hard to fork over so much many for a Disney vacation.

I sure hope some of these changes fail and get modified in the near future, but I'm not holding my breath. It's just a shame. Again, pay to park at your home Disney resort, pay excessive prices for hotel stay, pay admission to park, pay flat fee to get in shorter line for rides, pay even more money to ride popular rides, have to rely on phone app to do everything! it's just just not a vacation anymore.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to vent.
    Jeff T.
    July 2021 - Yacht Club Resort
    2018, 15, 14, 12, 11, 10 - Wilderness Lodge Resort
    2017, 13, 09, 08, 07, 06, 05, 04, 03 - Beach Club Resort
    2002, 1996 - Grand Floridian Resort
    2019, 01 - Boardwalk Resort
    2016, 00 - Yacht Club Resort
    1995 - Caribbean Beach Resort
    1994 - Port Orleans Resort

2. Likes PopPhan, princessgirls liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm right there with ya.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto
    POFQ Sept 2012
    POFQ Oct 2014 Hubby's 50th Birthday!
    Wilderness Lodge Nov 2018 My 47th Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are walking a very fine line right now on alienating many long time fans. My dad is there right now, and he ranted about how bad the tech was trying to do things like reserve a candlelight processional dinner, and how everything they do seems to make being on vacation more complicated and convoluted. Then you add the additional cost on top of things - and somethings got to give. Not to mention the reduced services and staffing - which means you're paying more and actually getting less.

But hey, as long as people keep coming......
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

7. Likes PopPhan, baldburke, Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really up in the air about renewing my Annual Pass in February when it comes due. It will cost me $1304 to renew my pass (putting the water park and photopass on it). When I am only visiting the parks maybe 3 or 4 times and for only a few hours, I am not sure it is worth it. The only thing that has me wavering is Intercot 25 should be soon and then I would need that pass....
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

I am so torn on this. There's no doubt it's gotten very, very expensive. But here is where I am on it right now:

1. First and foremost a lot of this is short term. Consumer prices are soaring right now due to the supply chain issues and for a resort as large and complex as Disney I cannot imagine what this is doing to them from a cost of doing business standpoint
    2. They had the theme parks shut down for nearly a year, at least on the West Coast. That lead to a ton of pent up demand and whether I like it or not Disney is a publicly traded company with a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders. If you have 10,000 rooms and 100,000 people want them well the laws of supply and demand come into play
    3. Personally I think Disney's issue is one of optics. They want to keep people in the parks, so admission ticket prices are kept artificially low. They then make up for it in other areas like increase resort rates and upcharges. On one hand I guess that's good, because it allows people to continue to visit the parks for a somewhat affordable price and shifts the burden of revenue generation to those who wish to consume additional services. Really, though, in a day and age when a ticket to a three hour sporting event or a concert is $250 or more a $150 ticket to access 12 hours of world class theme park attractions is a bargain. And let's be real, no one spends $150 for a day. Annual passes are still dirt cheap and multi-day passes are on a steep sliding scale of cost-per-day.
    4. And perhaps the biggest issue ... this isn't Disney's fault. Ever since the advent of the Internet the way Wall Street looks at stocks has fundamentally changed. Traders now have no interest in investing long term in well run companies that have a ten year plan for sustained, consistent performance. They only reward continued growth now. In many ways Disney is doing what they're forced to do to prevent their stock price from sliding and making them into a very appealing takeover target.

It stinks, but I think it's a new reality that's just here to stay.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

10. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We are planning a trip for Holiday time 2022. I thought " Hey we've never been at this time of year, lets try the Mickeys' Christmas party" $ !60 to $225 each !! Yikes. I was flabbergasted !!It can't be that good. So it doesn't look that we will ever get to see the Magic Kingdom for a Christmas party
    R J Murphy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjmurphy View Post
    We are planning a trip for Holiday time 2022. I thought " Hey we've never been at this time of year, lets try the Mickeys' Christmas party" $ !60 to $225 each !! Yikes. I was flabbergasted !!It can't be that good. So it doesn't look that we will ever get to see the Magic Kingdom for a Christmas party
    Well, if it helps any, I went in 2019, and it wasn't that good.

13. Thanks rjmurphy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjmurphy View Post
    We did the Christmas party about 4 years ago which was prior to a lot of the cost cutting that they have done and prior to huge ticket price increases and it wasn't anything great then either. We checked it off the list and will probably never do the Christmas Party again. At $55 to $65 per ticket we thought it was way overpriced. I wouldn't waste the money on it if I were you. It is basically just an overpriced hard ticket event with nothing more than some cookies and hot chocolate (if they even still do that) and a few characters with Christmas outfits on.

15. Thanks rjmurphy thanked for this post
    Likes Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We used to go to the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party every year. We'd take off work for a long weekend and really enjoy all dressing up in a Disney theme. Our best year was when 8 of us dressed as Haunted Mansion characters. There's no way we could all afford the extra tickets on top of the increases in a stay on property. I don't think it would be worth it either.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney-4-Me View Post
    We used to go to the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party every year. We'd take off work for a long weekend and really enjoy all dressing up in a Disney theme. Our best year was when 8 of us dressed as Haunted Mansion characters. There's no way we could all afford the extra tickets on top of the increases in a stay on property. I don't think it would be worth it either.
    I love the idea of all of you dressed as Haunted Mansion characters. That is so cool.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going off the deep end and saying that I will never go again. I've seen plenty of folks on this board say that over the years and, well, their signatures tell how that went.
    However, I just booked a two week stay for May. My retirement is just under 800 days away, and when I looked at the price tag for this upcoming trip, a realization set in. We won't be able to afford a trip like this after retirement. I want to continue going, but it is quite possible that the Company has priced me out. And honestly, I believe that is by design.
    It is what it is. We just returned from a 2 week stay in Ouray, Colorado. The entire trip, lodging, food, gas, etc., cost half of what the campsite and tickets are going to cost me at Disney.
    Don't take that as a complaint. Again, it is what it is.
    Over the last ten years we have been to 90+ college football games, around another 40ish concerts, and many more soccer, basketball, and hockey games. I have yet to pay $250 for TWO people at any single event.

Again, I am one of those rabid, gotta have it, fans that would continue to pay to go, if I could, regardless of how much they charge.

All that doesn't change one simple fact: We are paying more, and getting less.
    JR
    '86 Ramada Inn somewhere in Orlando :P
    '95 All Star Sports
    '00 All Star Music
    '03 Fort Wilderness
    '06 Fort Wilderness
    '07 Animal Kingdom Lodge

'09 Fort Wilderness
    '12 All Star Movies
    '13 Pop Century
    '14 Fort Wilderness
    '15 Fort Wilderness

19. Likes PopPhan, Jeff liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have 2 campsite reservations at Fort Wilderness May 2022, traveling with grown kids & young grandkids! I have already talked to Hubby that we have to "PRETEND" that this is our first trip ever to WDW......NOTHING will be the same! (we last visited in 2018)
    We are looking forward to seeing the Disney Magic through the eyes of a 7 & 4 year old and overlooking all the wonderful things Disney has changed thru the years, along with the rude theme park guests!

I am with all of you on the prices! (A $700 a night room should have FREE parking!)
    Fort Wilderness was a very affordable option YEARS ago, but their prices have gone up too! We are paying well over $120 a night, with less services than before

So sad to think of how many changes everyone has had to navigate thru starting with 2020.......I never saw it coming! And I never saw the price increase of EVERYTHING this year!
    1987-off site (Honeymoon)
    1992-off site (5/3 yr. old)
    1995/97/99 FW
    2000-WL
    2001/02/03 -FW
    2005-FW
    2008-FW(still camping w/the kids)
    2009-WL (No Kids!)
    2011-WL
    2012-WL (25th Anniv)
    2015-POFQ
    2017-30th Anniv trip w/kids & grandkids! MK for a day!
    2018-FW in OCT! (camping with MOOSE)

Post Thanks / Like

I make more money than I ever could have dreamed of. However, I just can't justify the prices any longer. It was crazy when deluxe rooms were $350+ a night. Its nothing to see them at $700+ a night now PLUS parking. I can get a lot more value for my money and have a RELAXING time elsewhere.

22. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We started pricing our annual trip, same time every year, same resorts every year and pricing is outrageous so we are probably going to skip the deluxe resorts this time. $1,000 more than what we normally pay for less time
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you all that prices are getting crazy and yet the parks are packed. I have been here this week, January 3-7, and there is no shortage of people willing to pay what WDW corporate is asking.

The increase and newer charge that irks me the most is the parking fees. We are staying at the Beach Club, my vehicle has sat in a half empty lot and not moved, yet I will be charged $25 a day for it to sit there! My wife says I let this bother me too much, but I say it’s flat out greed. No new service is being provided, the cost in providing the parking lot has not increased, Disney can’t blame it on the supply chain, on inflation, or on any factor other than sheer greed.
    Jeff

25. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I agree with you all that prices are getting crazy and yet the parks are packed. I have been here this week, January 3-7, and there is no shortage of people willing to pay what WDW corporate is asking.

The increase and newer charge that irks me the most is the parking fees. We are staying at the Beach Club, my vehicle has sat in a half empty lot and not moved, yet I will be charged $25 a day for it to sit there! My wife says I let this bother me too much, but I say it’s flat out greed. No new service is being provided, the cost in providing the parking lot has not increased, Disney can’t blame it on the supply chain, on inflation, or on any factor other than sheer greed.
    I completely agree. When making reservations anywhere, in any city, at any hotel, I pull up the rates and then immediately look at the additional fees to see if there is a parking fee. I try to avoid paying them at all but in some cities they pretty much all have them so I then just play the numbers game and calculate my total cost per night to find the best value. I really wish the government would step in with some regulations where they have to give us an actual total rate per night instead of trying to disguise or hide these additional parking or "resort" fees. It is a shady practice in the hotel business these days.

On another note, I got a Pin Code for room discount a couple of days ago. I haven't even gotten to see how outrageous the rate would be even after the pin code is applied because I have tried twice to pull up rates on their website but when I do it goes to a virtual que with a wait time of around 30 minutes that I have to wait through to get the rates. Why in the world is there a que to wait on rates now? I have never even heard of that before. Have they gone so cheap on their server bandwidth, they are throttling access to their reservation servers? This has gotten to the point it is just insane.

27. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    On another note, I got a Pin Code for room discount a couple of days ago. I haven't even gotten to see how outrageous the rate would be even after the pin code is applied because I have tried twice to pull up rates on their website but when I do it goes to a virtual que with a wait time of around 30 minutes that I have to wait through to get the rates. Why in the world is there a que to wait on rates now? I have never even heard of that before. Have they gone so cheap on their server bandwidth, they are throttling access to their reservation servers? This has gotten to the point it is just insane.
    It is always a madhouse when Disney announces 'big' discounts on rooms and/or packages. I have never heard of the queue for rate quotes, but it's not a bad idea to give people an understanding of how busy they are.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    It is always a madhouse when Disney announces 'big' discounts on rooms and/or packages. I have never heard of the queue for rate quotes, but it's not a bad idea to give people an understanding of how busy they are.
    I’m a bit unclear of why the website has a wait time when you are simply looking to book a room. Expedia doesn’t do that. Hotels.com doesn’t do that. No major hotel chain does that.

Is Disney’s infrastructure so bad that this was needed?
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

30. Likes Cinderelley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I’m a bit unclear of why the website has a wait time when you are simply looking to book a room. Expedia doesn’t do that. Hotels.com doesn’t do that. No major hotel chain does that.

Is Disney’s infrastructure so bad that this was needed?
    You make a good point. I still don't think it is an infrastructure problem, per se, but more of how they use the infrastructure they have. The other sites you mentioned are primarily hotel booking sites, but Disney is not a hotelier and, as such, do not put their emphasis on hotel bookings. Is this wrong? Yeah, it probably is, especially when they are announcing discounts at such regular intervals. Should they 'beef up' their reservation server farm? Most definitely. BUT, from what 1disneynut's comment stated, at least you are not getting the old 404 Page Not Found (or Stitch ate this page) message and are getting in a virtual queue.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: