Quantcast Sending purchased items in the park to your resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sending purchased items in the park to your resort

The last time we were there, they were not doing this. I think you could send purchases to the front of the park, but not to your resort. Does anyone know if they've reinstated this service yet? Nothing will stop me from buying something faster than having to lug it around with me the rest of the day or trying to remember to pick it up on the way out.
    Susanne

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am afraid that this is one of the many perks of staying in a Disney Resort that will not return.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I am afraid that this is one of the many perks of staying in a Disney Resort that will not return.
    Why do you think it won't return? I really hope it does! I would think that the benefits far outweigh the costs to Disney?

We stopped for just a few days on a road trip last year. I was so pumped to look for fun things to buy. But then I found out they weren't doing this. After learning that, the only thing I bought in the parks was a dishtowel.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

With all the current cost cutting measures I have to agree with Bud that I highly doubt that this will return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    Why do you think it won't return? I really hope it does! I would think that the benefits far outweigh the costs to Disney?

We stopped for just a few days on a road trip last year. I was so pumped to look for fun things to buy. But then I found out they weren't doing this. After learning that, the only thing I bought in the parks was a dishtowel.
    As Zippy_1 said, it is mainly a cost cutting move. One of the big problems with the 'regime' running Disney right now is that they have lost focus on the guest experience in, and around, the parks. It is all about 'streaming' and how much money they can get as quickly as possible.

On my trip last month, it was apparent how staffing has been cut back in all areas. Maybe this will change with fewer CoVID restrictions, but that remains to be seen. Unless and until that changes, don't expect a lot of the things we started taking for granted to return.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

This was one of the lovely perks on staying on site. We 100% will buy less, since I'm not lugging stuff around all day, and we don't always make it back to a store to pick something up. My budget will likely LOVE it, but I agree that it will only come back if it shows a profit for Disney.

Didn't they send items to the park exit once upon a time? Maybe if that at least came back?
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Our last time there we bought absolutely nothing in the parks once we found out they would not take it to our resort. Who wants to carry around bags full of stuff all day or have to stand in line at an understaffed guest services location and wait to pick up their purchases at the end of the day? This perk most likely will not return unless they notice a drop in merchandise sales and then the bean counters point to people not buying because they do not want to carry it around or have to pick it up at the end of the day and carry it back on the buses.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your thoughts on this. I really hope it does return. It's a major perk and, yeah, without it we likely won't be buying much at all in the parks. It will depend on whether we feel like getting something on our way out. When we were there last August, I'm almost positive they were still offering the service to send it to the front of the park, but I worry that we'll forget at the end of the day, so we never do that. I guess we'll just have to see what they're offering when we get there.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Suggest getting a locker for your purchases if you are hanging in a park for a day - OR doing your browsing during the day and buying stuff before you leave. Yeah, it's kind of sad...
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

11. Thanks TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes TheVBs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that suggestion John! I often just forget that they have lockers there. The only time we used one was for a Halloween party.
    Susanne

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: