Quantcast Here I Go Again On My Own – April/May 2023 Pre-Trip Report

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here I Go Again On My Own – April/May 2023 Pre-Trip Report

Here I Go Again On My Own – Pre-Trip Report

With the remnants of an Annual Pass burning a hole in my wallet and an AP Discount on rooms, I have pulled the trigger on another solo trip to ‘The Most Magical Place on Earth.’

Basic Info:
    Dates: April 25 – May 2, 2023
    Resort: Pop Century (Yes, I am finally going back to Pop after doing ASMo and ASMu on my last 2 visits)
    Room Type: Preferred
    Discount: ‘Annual Passholders: Save Up to 25% on Rooms’

Many thanks to Denise Keeler @ Magical Journeys for all the help in getting this trip going. As always, your help is immeasurable.

Thought about calling this my “Once around the block and ‘Home, James’” trip, but I liked the musical reference better. LOL

I’m sure you all have heard/read my problems with activating my AP Voucher in January 2022, so I won’t go into that again other than to say that my AP was extended to the end of May 2023 giving me this opportunity to get one more trip in before it expires.

I have visited in this time frame before and it is normally a good time, weather wise, to visit and past the majority of the Spring Break crowds. Flower and Garden Festival will be in full swing and there is a hope that some of the construction projects will be coming to fruition.

There are some things that I hope to get to do, but those MAY require Genie+, which I have tried to do without the past two trips. We shall see…

Of course, Guardians of the Galaxy will be a big one. Got shut out of the virtual queues on my last visit, but will continue to try. I know it’s not supposed to work this way, but I honestly believe that if you don’t have Genie+, you won’t get a slot in the queue. Maybe I’m just being a ‘sore loser’ for not being prefect with my timing. LOL

Okay…TRON WILL BE OPEN!!!! If this opens with a virtual queue, I guess I will be losing some sleep to try to get in! Maybe even have to book MK as my park reservation for every day! LOL No, I’m not going that far, but do hope to get a shot at riding.

Decided to book my parks, even without announced hours, just to be safe. Of course, these are subject to change before the actual trip starts, but here we go…

April 25 – Tuesday: EPCOT Since I tend to arrive midday or later, this is a good place to start.
    April 26 – Wednesday: MK Let’s jump on the bandwagon early on and see what happens.
    April 27 – Thursday: AK Hit Flight of Passage early and go from there.
    April 28 – Friday: MK Yep, gonna give it another go.
    April 29 – Saturday: DHS Hit Rise of the Resistance early, then the rest of Batuu/Black Spire Outpost before trying for Slinky Dog, TSMM, and on to the rest of the park.
    April 30 – Sunday: EPCOT Can I finally get on Guardians? We shall see…
    May 1 – Monday: AK Kilimanjaro Safari early because I like to see the animals getting breakfast.
    May 2 – Tuesday: MK This is going to depend on whether or not I was able to hit TRON, but it is still a good park to finish my trip with.

Two things will play into this:

1. Crowd levels. I expect MK to be packed with people trying to get on TRON as early as possible, but I am hoping that the other parks will be ‘reasonable.’
    2. Marci has offered to give me a tour of USO, so one day may be dropped to do this. Depending on her schedule, it would be Thursday or Monday. I have not been to USO since 2004, so I have not seen any of the Harry Potter attractions/land.

Evening (‘hop to’) parks will be whatever I feel up for at the time. I would, however, like to hit each park at least once in the evening hours for the closing shows and, honestly, I prefer the parks late, at or after dusk.

I do not plan any dining, as a solo it just doesn’t make sense. Typically, I hit Counter Service for meals on these trips on an ‘as needed’ basis.

Yes, I am posting this more than 3 months prior to my actual visit, but with everything going on, including ‘new/returning’ closing shows, I figured I might get some feedback and have time to adjust my ‘schedule’ accordingly.

I welcome any feedback and might adjust my plans accordingly…but don’t count on it! LOL
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2. Thanks John thanked for this post
    Likes Jeff liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your upcoming trip and any additional planning prior to your arrival!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

5. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Goin' down the only road I've ever known . . .
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

7. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope to meet up with you. Last week my daughter did the virtual line from home. They were done and off by 10:30am. Tron will most likely have a virtual queue. It might not make it as bad for Guardians. I’ll know my schedule two weeks before you arrive. I know Monday is an off day.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

9. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you do Guardians queue at 1 pm plan on staying late at Epcot if you get a grouping. Sunday at Epcot will likely be crowded and will be less of a chance to get a grouping. Or plan on getting a group return time of 8:30 pm!
    (46) CB -91,95,08,13 (2)
    Poly-93, 01 Port Orl FQ - 97,98, 09, 10 Riverside 01,09, 18 Coronado -99,08
    BC - 01,03,05,06,07
    Dland 03 AK - 06 Pop-14,18 All Star 14,17,18,23
    Christmas at WL 06,07
    SS - 07,10 WL - 06, 07,10 Epcot 08,21
    GF 11 YC 12, 16, 18, 19, 23 DS 21, offsite 14
    Dolphin 21

11. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: