Quantcast Help me get excited

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help me get excited

After a 4 year break from Disney, my husband and I are going back in June. What started as a one year break to see if we could do it, then thanks to the pandemic and now everything being so different we haven’t really wanted to go back.

We have a wedding in Florida in early June and since we will be flying in and out of MCO figured we’d add on a trip.

Can you all suggest some threads how to navigate the parks without fast passes, early park hopping etc?

We will be staying at the Dolphin and like to walk to EP and HS.

A few questions, when can we make park reservations for June? Is buying the fast passes worth it? Do you all still tend to park hop? Are magic hours still a thing?

Thank you all and I look forward to getting back in to Intercot

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no "early" park hopping. Hopping starts at 2pm. Maybe you are referring to the 30 minute 'early entry' for resort guests? If so, you can do 1 or 2 attractions in that time period and maybe get a jump on the queue for a 3rd.

Getting around without Genie+ (the replacement for FastPass/FastPass+) can be a bit trying, but it can be done. The MyDisneyExperience app can help in some cases, but going to the attraction you want to see/ride is still the best bet. If the StandBy queue is under 60 minutes, get in.

You can make your park reservations as soon as you get your tickets. Earlier is always better to avoid being 'shut out,' but that rarely happens unless it is a holiday or a 'new' attraction is opening during your visit.

Every Disney Resort (and most 'Good Neighbor' resorts) participates in 'Early Morning Magic,' which is 30 minutes prior to "official" park opening time, in every park every day.

Evening "Extra Magic Hours" is only for Deluxe/DVC resorts and, like the original, is only one park on whatever day they are offering it.

Is Genie+ worth the price? That will depend on who you ask. I have made 2 trips since its inception and have not purchased it yet. There have been a couple attractions I missed out on, but mainly because I would not wait more than 60 minutes in a queue. I expect that early June will be a heavy crowd time, so Genie+ may be necessary if you want to hit the more popular attractions.

Be patient and don't expect to do as much as you were able to 4 years ago. Make the best of what you can and enjoy your trip!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with all Bud had to say.

I have not, to date, purchased genie plus. On some days, crowds are better than other days, but there does not seem to be any pattern to this. On good days, we can get on quite a few rides/attractions even the more popular ones. On other days, we might need to ride mainly the attractions that are lower on most folk's must do lists. I would suggest you arrive with lowered expectations and be happy if you are able to exceed those.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been back to Disney World in a decade this year. As really hope you enjoy your stay as would love to go back. Much more older though LOL!
    March Madness 2024!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the advice, I’m starting to get excited, but its going to be such a new experience after years of knowing the ins and outs lol.

Great hints for sure
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I went in January, and we did buy Genie+ on a couple of days. My wife sure figured out how to make the most of it. We rode everything we wanted to except for Rise of the Resistance, and that was because it went down just as our LL window opened up. But they refunded us the cost of the LL that we had bought, so no worries.

If we were going with the whole family, we probably wouldn't buy Genie+, because it becomes cost prohibitive. But for two of us? Sure.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!