Source: Disney Parks Blog

by Scott Trowbridge, Portfolio Creative Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering

Bright Suns! I’m writing to you from London, where we just wrapped our Walt Disney Imagineering panel at Star Wars Celebration 2023. I was thrilled to join Imagineers Ann Morrow Johnson and Asa Kalama, as well as Matt Martin from Lucasfilm as we talked about how Star Wars comes to life at Disney parks. This was the first Celebration in Europe since 2016, so I really enjoyed spending the weekend here reconnecting with Star Wars and Disney fans from this part of the world (and beyond).

Today we made several exciting announcements related to Star Wars and Disney parks, so I wanted to make sure you heard all the news … beginning with the attraction that started it all for us in this galaxy far, far away…

In 2024, we’re going to add more stories and characters to Star Tours at three of our destinations around the world – Disneyland park in California, Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida, and Disneyland Paris in France. Since it debuted at Disneyland in 1987 as the first Star Wars attraction in a Disney park, Star Tours has traveled to new places as this galaxy of stories expanded. We’re looking forward to continuing that tradition next year with all new adventures … but I can’t reveal just where we’re going yet – or those we may meet along the way – because … well … some surprises are best experienced as part of the upcoming Star Wars content also announced this weekend. Here’s hoping C-3PO’s piloting skills have improved!

And speaking of Starspeeder pilots, be sure to check out the new playlist from DJ R3X we just released, featuring more of his favorite tracks you may hear when you visit Oga’s Cantina on Batuu. Turns out R3X may just be a better DJ than pilot … but don’t tell him I said that.

We also announced a new Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser playlist will launch next month on streaming platforms to celebrate May the 4th. This soundtrack includes songs from galactic superstar Gaya, who performs aboard the Halcyon starcruiser as part of that amazing, fully immersive experience.

We’re also working on a special 12-inch vinyl pressing of Gaya’s music, so be on the lookout for that.