Quantcast A Tip for Parents

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

While my little guy will jump at a chance to go on Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Star Tours or Body Wars, he has a real tough time with "dark" rides like Haunted Mansion and even PoTC. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] He won't even go in the queue area for Snow White!

We found the 100 Years light-up pins to be a real life saver. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] When he got scared, all he had to do (or we did it for him), was swipe his hand over the front of the pin, and presto-chango, an instant light source and distraction. It worked really well to help him with his fears. [img]graemlins/mike.gif[/img]
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Great idea, Ellen.

Did he then go on to enjoy the attraction and realize it wasn't so scary after all -- or did he simply get through it and not want a repeat performance? [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Not only are the pins great to light up and reassure kids in "dark" rides, but they were an incentive to my son to go on one. Although he doesn't usually care for Tower of Terror, he wanted to go on it just to see what the pin would do. He was so fascinated with it that the spooky aspects of the ride didn't scare him at all!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MNNHFL:
    Not only are the pins great to light up and reassure kids in "dark" rides, but they were an incentive to my son to go on one. Although he doesn't usually care for Tower of Terror, he wanted to go on it just to see what the pin would do. He was so fascinated with it that the spooky aspects of the ride didn't scare him at all!<hr></blockquote>

That's very interesting, but I completely understand it. The pin must have did something pretty cool on a ride like ToT! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Question

I have a question about these 100 Years of Magic pins. Are they in abundant supply? Somewhere I got the idea that they were hard to find. I also think this is a great idea to do with my kids when we go in March. Hope they are easy to find.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Melanie aka Melanears ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, welcome to Intercot, Melanears!

The pins are available all over the place (or at least they were Thanksgiving week).

Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the welcome. I have really been enjoying my time here. I think I am "hooked".

I am glad to hear the pins are everywhere. I think it is such a neat idea. Looking forward to going more than ever. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Melanie aka Melanears ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there everybody!

Just a thought on the scarier rides and attractions at WDW. My husband and I went with our then 2 1/2 year old last year and noticed that the Disney pamphlets for each park do a really nice job of warning parents of young children which rides to stay away from. We also had Birmbaum's guide which became our Disney bible. However, their was no warning on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and so we un-knowingly took our daughter on the adventure that scared the begeebers out of her. I would suggest staying away from this one until the tots are a bit older. Perhaps 7 years of age?

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

JessieTYCG [img]graemlins/mike.gif[/img] (Hey look! It's Mike Wazowski!)
    "Sweet Mother of Abraham Lincoln!" - Jessie from Toy Story 2

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: