Quantcast Attraction of the Week 11-25 -- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who doesn’t scream? [img]redface.gif[/img]
    There is no way to resist the urge to zip in and out of this mountain. I only wish it went a little bit slower. The themeing is so fantastic. It’s hard to take everything in -- when you’re racing by so fast.

My family rode for the first time at night during an e-ride evening in March. They said it was awesome. Now I hope to be able to do that very thing -- when we return. I want to ride it in the dark. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It took me 3 trips to be able to ride this, because the first two times, the ride was in rehab. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is one of my favorite attractions in MK! It has the roller coaster feel, without being too thrilling, and the theming is amazing. It took me three trips on the Mountain to see all of the fabulous theming, because the first two times I was focusing on the thrill of the coaster! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

This is my 2 daughters' absolute favorite ride in WDW. We went on 5 times in a row during e-night on our last trip, sitting in the front every time. The CM got a big kick out of how excited the twins were, racing through the queue area to ride yet again! They love to scream at every hill and turn.
    TTFN...ta ta for now<br /><br />7/81 off-site<br />8/88 off-site<br />7/95 All Star Music<br />4/00 Caribbean Beach<br />3/01 All Star Movies<br />12/01 All Star Movies<br />...and hopefully 12/02!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thumbs up for BTMR!

This ride is better at night than in the daytime. It zips around so fast and really feels like you are racing in and out of a mountain.

During the day the ride is actually really funny. If you can, look at the goats - their expressions are really amusing.
    Eva a.k.a. EvaBryan

Next up:
    Not sure.... Probably Christmas '06 at FW!!!

TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

I love this ride...I actually think you pick up more of the theming and all the nuances of the ride by riding it at night. Things seem to stand out better.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best rides at DW! A must-do!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I so agree with several others. NOTHING beats this ride at night. Shadows seemed to have been thought out ahead of time. You can't appreciate a bat filled, ready to collapse cave until you've done it on a runaway train.

My 6 year old's first ride was when he was 3...he just made the height requirement...and when he took the front seat with his dad, the ride operator announced "Jake the Snake" was on the ride. Needless to say, he loved it!
    July, 1986 Offsite<br />September 1994 All Star Sports<br />May 1999 Offsite<br />May 2000 Hilton WDW/PO Riverside <br />June 2001 AKL/Beach Club<br />December 2001 HRH/Courtyard DTD<br />Disney Wonder 12-15-2002<br />Mickey's Very Merry 12-19-02<br />Disney Magic Eastern May 29 2004<br />WDW Swan June 6-9 <br />(so I'm addicted!)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thunder Mountain is awesome!! I love it!! We always close the day riding btm as many times as we can before the park closes [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>Eddy</b> <br /><br /><i>"Remember the Magic"</i> <br /><br /><i><b>*Happy Holidays!*</b></i><br /><br /><b>Next up:</b><br /><i>All Star Sports</i>-<b>February 2003</b><br /><br /><b>12</b> weeks and counting!<br /><br /><b><i>"We Go On"</i></b>

Post Thanks / Like

I'll go along with riding it at night. I don't believe I've even rode it more than three times during the day. It just seems like a totally different ride at night. I was fortunate to ride BTMR when the fireworks were going off. That was a treat!
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, you have convinced me. This big chicken will try it this next trip(both day and night). My dd has ridde it with my DH. [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]
    (Gail)

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

The best time I had on BTMR was when I rode it with my daughter who was 6 at the time and it was the first time for her. She was so serious about the ride all the way through the line, telling me how safe the ride was and things like that. When we got on the ride, she would be quiet during the upward part of the ride and then when we would start to go down, boy did she let out a scream. It was such a big scream for such a little kid. She would stop as soon as we were going up again but as soon as we started down again, there it was, that huge scream. She wasn't crying, just screaming. My dad and DH were in the seat behind us and laughing so hard. I was trying not to laugh but it was so funny. When we got off the ride she stoped me and when I stooped down to talk to her she grabed my face and told me, "That ride is way to fast for me." Again, she was so serious. It just killed me. My dh was almost crying he was laughing so hard and trying not to let her see him laughing. She has since been on it again and now likes it, but we still laugh at the way that kid let those screams rip. [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    Libby

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

A lot of us don't like waiting in line for too long to ride a ride...however, I love waiting in line for BT. There are quite a few rides at Disney that really allow you to feel the theme while waiting in line and BT is one of them. I wouldn't Fast Pass this ride ever--part of the enjoyment of the rides is waiting in line and soaking up all the fine detail that a lot of others miss. By the time you reach the loading area, you almost feel like you've got your mining equipment with you ready to go! [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]

-Laura
    Born and raised in Kissimmee Florida!
    2010--Coronado Springs [April 18-24]
    2008--Coronado Springs [Jan 25-Feb 2]
    2005--Pop Century [May 1-8]
    2003--offsite: Got engaged in Mexico at Epcot!
    2002--offsite
    2001-1981--too many times to remember!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

It's the wildest ride in the wilderness... [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img]

I love the ride a night too. I love the silhouettes in the town windows and the eerie lights in the collapsing caves. I like the back of the train because you get the full effects of the drops. Cool ride. [img]graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

This ride is better the further back on the train you are. It has great theming and suits all ages. One of Disney's best.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Also another Thumbs Up for this ride at night. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The colors, cabin on fire in the distance, Castle lit up going up the hill.

My wife loves it for the same reasons, but also because it has no drops. Just curves and hills. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Make Friends With The Badger

Post Thanks / Like

I love BTMR! My favorite time to ride is at night and on the back seat. [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas! --WDW Monorail

"No matter how the wind howls, a mountain cannot bow to it." --The Emperor, Mulan

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Love this ride, and yes I agree, at night is even better...This is one of those must do rides every time you go there!

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

I dare say we love this more than Splash Mt. Its the first thing we run to, and can't get there fast enough! From the "crickety" sounds of the first hill to all the ups and downs, wow, this ride is a true blast. This holds the very best memories of just plain fun for our family!!!!
    Mar.99,00,01,02-Dixie Landings Resort; Jan,2004 (9th-18th)- First DVC trip, Beach Club Villas; April,2005 7 days Boardwalk Villas and first Disney cruise on the Wonder!; June, 2006- First time on the Disney Magic, can't wait!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutly Love BTM! I have to ride it 3 or 4 tomes each visit!

TalkDisney

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that this is my favorite ride going. Even though I have not be able to ride it when I have went down because it was broken down. but it is a great ride, so much better at night too. [img]graemlins/rotfl.gif[/img]
    First Trip: 1990 Fort Wilderness Campground
    1990-2006: Annual Pass Holder
    2002: Spring WDW College Program
    2005: First Disneyland Trip
    2007: Double Tree Suites DTD
    Engagement Trip
    11/6/2007 - 11/13/09 Regal Sun Resort DTD
    Next Trip
    Honeymoon
    9/1/09 - 9/10/09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: