Quantcast Attraction of the Week 12-02 -- It’s A Small World - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

This is quite possibly one of the most annoying attractions in WDW but I don't know that I would want it to be taken out. Sure, it is not exactly thrilling and it is rather outdated but it was at the World's Fair in 1964 and it is a Walt Disney original. Most kids love this attraction and I can tolerate it. This attraction is a big part of Disney history. I wish that another part of Disney history, Carousel of Progress, would stay open. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

My name is Heather.... and I'm an IASWaholic!! I admit it. I love this ride!! So sue me.
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

Post Thanks / Like

WIZZY!!!!!

Looks like I'm going to need to stock up on anti- [img]graemlins/thedolls.gif[/img] chips

As mentioned before, if I had to ride this or Snow White, I'd ride IASW. At least I can make fun of it (usually followed with my wife hitting me )and recon for targets
    Make Friends With The Badger

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JimmyC:
    WIZZY!!!!!

<hr></blockquote>

What? I said I fall asleep, didn't I? [img]tongue.gif[/img] That means I haven't been subjected to...well...you know! [img]graemlins/thedolls.gif[/img]
    Casey (aka DisneyWizard, Wizzy)

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Simply put, this is the worst ride/attraction in current existence!! Alright, so I am pushing it but I still don't see what anyone finds even remotely amusing. I don't think nostalgia is a proper reason for keeping a boring and pointless attraction. And the fact that Walt created it is even a better reason to get rid of it. I wouldn't want Disney to be known as the person who created this thing. Shouldn't we get rid of the evidence?? [img]smile.gif[/img] Can someone even explain to me what exactly I am looking at when I ride this thing?? Scary children singing the same song for 15 minutes with nothing different to look at but the exact same doll with different cloths on is all I see. "It's a small world after all!!" AND YOUR POINT!!! It is also funny to note that due to the age of the ride, all the different scenes simply take every single steriotype about that culture and pushes it to the max. Mind you, I love all the other Fantasyland attractions. I even like Snow White! At least that has a story and theme to it. Please, someone tell me what is so great about this waste of space without using the word nostalgia. Thanks.

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: DownWithEpcotHand ]</p>
    Next Trip: June 2004, (Coronado)

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DownWithEpcotHand:
    Can someone even explain to me what exactly I am looking at when I ride this thing?? Scary children singing the same song for 15 minutes with nothing different to look at but the exact same doll with different cloths on is all I see. "It's a small world after all!!" AND YOUR POINT!!! [ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: DownWithEpcotHand ]<hr></blockquote>

And the point would be unity...which seems even more appropriate at a time like this than ever before, actually. It's not my favorite ride in the world, either, but I don't see any reason to get rid of it if they're going to keep making the same Dumbo ride over and over again only with a different theme. At least Small World is distinct.

Post Thanks / Like

True, unity would be a wonderful theme for an attraction if it was executed correctly. However, most people don't come off It's A Small World feeling inspired or unified. Instead they come off angry they wasted all their time. Side Note: Did anyone notice that the hippo used to be in the water but now it is up on land?

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: DownWithEpcotHand ]</p>
    Next Trip: June 2004, (Coronado)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I just want to remind everyone that the topic was not intended to start a debate but to ask the question "Who admits to liking this attraction?" Sharing viewpoints is part of the fun of Intercot and no one has to defend their own opinion.

Okay, let's mosey onward from here.... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: MNNHFL ]</p>
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to INTERCOT, The Hitchiking Ghost. [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] I LOVE THIS RIDE [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

It is not my favorite attraction, but it is an ESSENTIAL part of WDW for me.

And it was the ONLY chice for my daughters' first ride at WDW on their first trip in May. Very simple plan: First we see the Castle, Then we ride IASW, Followed by a Mickey Head Ice Cream. This is the perfect recipe to instill the proper level of Disney magic in their tiny little bloodstreams, trust me, it's a family tradition. Happy to say, they were hooked immediately. And while they love other rides more, Pooh for the baby and COP (that's my girl!) for the first born... they KNOW the drill. Upon our "next" trip, they talk about: Chef Mickey's the night we arrive, then MK for the Castle, IASW and a Mickey Head.

You just gotta.
    Anastasia

~POP Again in 2010~

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: