Quantcast Attraction of the Week Muppet Vision 3D

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I missed last week but I'm back on track(no pun intended )

This was the first 3D movie at the parks to combine actual sfx, audio-animatronics & even live characters to the mix. I know Ilove the Muppets so it really makes this one of my favorites. I think this show is one of the most complete in all of WDW it has a great story & great preshow one of the few attractions that I really don't mind waiting for because I'm entertained the whole time

------------------
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff:
    Theme Parks/Characters
    [email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Skuttle Guest

Talking

This attraction is high on my list of must do's in June. It sounds like a lot of fun.

------------------
    "Ya, but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourest."

WDW trips: 84, 87, 90
    next trip: June 2001

Post Thanks / Like

I LOVE THE MUPPETS!!

They were like the childhood "Barney" back in my day. I used to watch all of them!

I Hit the show every time i have ever went there!!

I love Chef!!

------------------
    13 times and counting

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

This show is what makes me go to MGM. I LOVE it! Must see it at least once per trip.

The pre-show area is so underappreciated. The props and stuff are hysterical. And the pre-show itself is beyond funny. Love to see Gonzo dancing with a flower pot on his head, Rizzo Rat dressed as Mickey Mouse (they're tourists, whatta they know?) and of course, Sam Eagle.

The show itself is fun for the whole family and is definitely a DO NOT MISS!

------------------
    beth
    [email protected]
    Intercot Staff Member

"Love and Mercy that's what you need tonight. So Love and Mercy to you and your friends tonight."

For more fun on all things Disney, check out our sister site, www.webdisney.com

For fun and info on the land that started it all check out our sister site: www.intercotwest.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I didn't get the chance to see this until last spring and I LOVED IT!!! When I told my parents about it both of them asked "Does it have the old guys in it?" My mother nearly flipped out when I told her there is also a bunny.

Love the preshow too. This is such a creative attraction. This is now a must-do for every trip we now take.

------------------
    No shirt, no shoes, no service.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Does it have the "old guys" in it? What would the show be without Statler & Waldorf!?!

------------------
    beth
    [email protected]
    Intercot Staff Member

"Love and Mercy that's what you need tonight. So Love and Mercy to you and your friends tonight."

For more fun on all things Disney, check out our sister site, www.webdisney.com

For fun and info on the land that started it all check out our sister site: www.intercotwest.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I wouldn't say that "Muppets" is what makes me go to MGM. But it is a great show. And Statler and Waldorf definitely keep me coming back.

------------------
    Darek
    Seasonal Great Movie Ride Tour Guide

Graduating Senior at Auburn University

Making my first trip to Disneyland in May

Post Thanks / Like

Muppets 3D is a great show. I've seen it countless times and I always enjoy it. The pre-show is excellent and the place is decorated so well. I always look forward to seeing it on every trip

------------------
    Remember the Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Beth -

"The old guys" - that's from my folks, not me. I am surprised that they can even remember Kermit's name.

------------------
    No shirt, no shoes, no service.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I'd have to totally agree... two thumbs way up for Muppets 3D! It's honestly one of those attractions I never get sick of seeing, not in the least - I adore it every time I see it. And I would have to agree that it's one of the best attractions all-around, in terms of pre-show, etc.

I love the Muppets!!

------------------
    Emily
    a.k.a SteelyGirl
    Intercot Staff
    [email protected]

Visit our Intercot family sites:

Intercot: Walt Disney World Inside & Out
    IntercotWest: Disneyland Inside & Out
    WebDisney: The Definitive Guide to Disney on the Internet

[This message has been edited by SteelyGirl (edited March 05, 2001).]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I'll keep it unanimous in support of the Muppets!

Love this ride! It is one of the bright spots in a park otherwise pretty short on good attractions.

And I LOVE Statler and Waldorf!

"They're trying to drown us! What kind of act is that??" "An act of mercy!"

------------------
    Ian: aka WDWacky
    Intercot Moderator - Collectables and Mousellaneous
    [email protected]

You can blow out a candle, but you can't blow out a fire. Once the flames begin to catch the wind will blow it higher ....

For more great Disney info be sure to visit our sister sites Webdisney

And for more info on the park that started it all visit Intercot West

Post Thanks / Like

I went to a conference AT WDW in '97. I had never been to WDW (well, once when I was 14 and the only thing that existed was MK)...

Anyway, I had no idea what I was missing. I had made no plans for WDW because I was at a conference, I unfortunately I'm one of those responsible people who actually ATTENDS the conference sessions.

Well, as a part of the conference, we had one evening in MGM. I was attending the conference with a friend, and she had been to WDW a few times.

The bottom line is that we only had a few hours at the park, and I didn't have a clue where to start, so I just let her lead the way. We did TGMR and Indiana Jones and then she suggested the Muppets. I thought she was crazy... all this stuff to do, and she wants to do the "kiddie" stuff.

BOY WAS I WRONG!!! I was amazed at how wonderful the show was. From that moment on this became one of my favorite attractions from ANY park. It's appeal is universal, no matter one's age.

It's a great ride.

------------------
    Bouncy, flouncy, pouncy! Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun!

Post Thanks / Like

yeaahhhhhh gotta go to this. I love it its a must see at MGM....
    anyone who hasn't seen it has to go....right now, get in your car & drive to Florida.....

------------------
    Disney trips: several times w family as kid (once w Hurricane Agnes hit)
    twice w 2 different wives (86? & 96)
    once alone (Sept 99 Hurricane closed Disney day i left)

Post Thanks / Like

I love it - always one of my stops when I'm at the park. I always time my entrance so that I see all of the pre-show.

There's one line that Rizzo says, that always makes me laugh, but I can't remember it at the moment. It's part of his Mickey Mouse impression as he just arrives. It's the way he says it that's funny.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Just the fact that the orchestra consists of penguins makes this attraction awesome. I also love how the walls change as the show goes on - how creative!

I absolutely love this attraction. I wish they would update some of the effects or the theatre itself, but I don't want it changed at all.

I love the Muppets!

------------------
    "...I say believe in the future. The world is getting better."
    -Walt Disney

"One may have a blazing hearth in one's soul and yet no one ever comes to sit by it. Passers-by see only a wisp of smoke rising from the chimney and continue on their way."
    -Vincent van Gogh

Click here to vote for Intercot as the #1 Disney Site!

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, they did a great job on this one...they should have looked back on it before they destroyed JII.

------------------
    Remember the Magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

This is a must-see attraction for me and my partner every year...It's weird, tho; the older we get the more we relate to Statler and Waldorf!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Hands down this is my favorite attradtion at MGM. There have been visits where I've literally gone straight to M3D and left the park immediately afterwards. I agree with many of those above who say this is one of their favorites in ANY park; it's just about perfect!

How do you time it so you see the whole preshow? I can never figure out when it's starting from outside!

------------------
    "There's always my way!"

72 - Polynesian
    76 - Contemporary
    80 - Royal Princess?
    90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95
    96 - Wilderness Lodge
    97, 98, 99, 00

next visit 6/01

Post Thanks / Like

A great attraction! A must do for my family every trip. I love Waldorf and Statler! They are hilarious(Hey, look at the guy in the Goofy mask. That's not a mask! Oh, sorry lady!) Does anybody remember the old show when the muppets crash a monorail through the screen instead of the swedish chef blowing the place up?

------------------
    Por Favor mentaganse allejado de las puertas!
    --WDW Monorail

When hinges creek in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. Whenever candlelights flicker, when the air is deathly still. That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
    --Ghost Host, HM

Post Thanks / Like

ghosthost,

I dont' remember how I time it to see the entire pre-show, but I think I just go in when I get there, and if I've missed any of it, I stay and watch it again when everyone else goes inside the theater.

------------------

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: