Quantcast Attraction of the Week 01/13 -- Leap Frog Fountains

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Okay - Okay. I know this technically is not an “Attraction” but - it is for me. [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img]

I consider the Leap Frog Fountains to be one of the little treasures of Epcot. (Along with the Twinkling Sidewalks and the Dancing Fountain.) Some of my favorite WDW pictures of my kids, are of them playing in the fountains.

When my youngest was 2 - my husband placed his hat over one of the spigots. When the water erupted out, it sent the hat flying through the air. My son got the deep belly giggles. He laughed so hard, he attracted a crowd. It did not stop after the first time. He would almost shake with excitement and anticipation - again and again. [img]graemlins/silly.gif[/img] Great memories.

We still have fun “playing”. Of course now the guys try to get the water to leap over their heads. It has caused extreme soaking on many occasions - as they get smacked right in the face.

Ten thumbs up! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Do you make time to enjoy the Leap Frog Fountains?

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]</p>
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I don't take time to stop at the leap frog fountains anymore, but I did when I was a young child. The fountains are great fun to children because I remember the fountains being one of the most exciting things to experience in Epcot as a young child. I give the leap frog fountains a [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] because I know that young children enjoy them.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any kids, but I always take time to watch the kids enjoying themselves in the fountain.
    Karen

--------------------------------

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards.

Question everything!

Dawn S Guest

Thumbs up

My kids have always loved this & having them around gives me a great excuse to play too! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] We could spend hours there! When we lived in the area, we would go up to Epcot just to play in the fountains! LOL Definitely one of the most imaginative, fun & creative things at the parks. For those parents not wishing for a soaking, it's also fun to let the kids run free, grab a popsicle & take a break!

Dawn

Post Thanks / Like

This is great, I just got back from a 3 hour birthday dinner [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img] and I sit down on INTERCOT to find my favorite posts, the attractions of the week! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Are the Leap Frog Fountains located near Imagination? Because if I'm thinking about the right thing, I love those things! I always try to get the water leap over my head also. They are great fun, especially after coming out of that horrific JIYI! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely!! When I exit HISTA, I always stick around to see how they startle people!!

But, my favorite enjoyment is when leaving Epcot at night from the WS and taking a slow stroll down the rosewalk. At the end, I stay and watch the upward falls and the leaping frogs. That is a pretty sight.
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely one of my favorite sites at Epcot. I like the same routine Roland...stroll down the rosewalk at night and watch the leaping water fountain for a while, the twinkling sidewalks, backdrop of SE. Polygirl, thanks for keeping the attraction of the week going!
    "Behold, the Great Millenium Walk..." TTFN - Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Those fountains are great. They remind me of the 'old Epcot'. You would walk past them after seeing the state of the art 3D Magic Journeys film. I love it! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] This is a great "attraction" I love to play in these! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I don't think I actually got to see this last time I went so I have to put this on my "must see" list when I go in April (and this time, I'm really going!)

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

It rained too much when we took our son in 2000 for him to play in these, and this last trip we went without our boys. But we did enjoy watching the kids chasing water as it leaped around. It's pretty funny when a kid chases the water and it comes out of another hole and hits them from behind!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

I like the leap frog fountains, but not as much as the fiber optic sidewalk. There are usually too many people to have "alone time" with the fountains....

Still like them though! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Casey (aka DisneyWizard, Wizzy)

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmmmm. Okay, now I'm confused. I thought the leaping frogs were just outside the HISTA building. It looks like half of us think that is it and the other half think the water spouts are it.

Inquiring minds want to know. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    '92 - August, Disneyland<br />'96 - April, WL<br />'97 - October, offsite<br />'98 - Sept., Dixie Landings<br />'99 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Sept., WL<br />'00 - Oct., All Sports<br />'01 - Jan., All Sports<br />'01 - May WL<br />'01 - July All-Sports<br />'01 - Sept. CBR/Poly<br />'01 - Nov. Dixie Landings<br />'02 - Jan. All Sports/WL<br />'02 - May Poly/All-Stars (I really didn't enjoy this trip)<br />'02 - July POFQ <br />'02 - Sept All Sports/WL<br />'02 - Dec Movies<br />'03 - Jan POFQ<br />'03 - Sept POR<br />'03 - Dec WL

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter, Peyton, always loves to play in the "leap frog" fountain. I kinda like it myself!
    Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas! --WDW Monorail

"No matter how the wind howls, a mountain cannot bow to it." --The Emperor, Mulan

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Roland:
    I thought the leaping frogs were just outside the HISTA building.
    Inquiring minds want to know. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

I'm outside of the Imagination Pavilion with you, Roland. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Thanks for the night-time tip. I'll have to make a point to venture over that way in the evening.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PolyGirl40:

I'm outside of the Imagination Pavilion with you, Roland. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    <hr></blockquote>

Oh good, I thought I was suffering from one of those over-40 moments!

Post Thanks / Like

Just my 2 cents:

It is my understanding that the fountains that shoot water from one pod in an arch to another pod in a different planter outside the HISTA complex are the leapfrog fountains (because they resemble a frog leaping from one lilly pad to another).

The fountains that kids are often spotted running around in and dodging water attacks are just known as the play fountains or the fountain playground. (People know them as many things though...Some call them geyser fountains)...

Hope my two cents helps...

-Goofy about Disney
    (Jarrod)

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Goofy about Disney ]</p>
    "If you can dream it, you CAN do it!" -WED

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with all of you who remember the Leap Frog Fountains as a truly wonderful and unique part of "Old Epcot." (Gee, it really wasn't THAT long ago, was it?) The fountains were not part of the original Imaginations pavilion, but as I remember just sort of appeared not long after it opened. I LOVE the little Disney surprises that sort of appear out of no where. When the fountains first appeared, NO ONE was expecting to see them come leaping out of the flower beds as they exited the 3-D show - they were an EXTREME surprise. It was SO MUCH FUN to watch people discover the fountains - the delight on their faces and the faces of the children - the cameras flashing - the laughing and the WETNESS! It was (and is) one of those sweet little Disney surprises tucked away in a corner - costing no telling what in design, installation and maintenence - that make the Parks so incredibly magical. By the way, Disneyland was (and is) simply CRAMMED with cute, surprising, charming little nooks and crannys like this. I think also (sadly) that these small but expensive little surprises are getting to be fewer and fewer in number.
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We first saw the "jumping water", as we called it, in 1983. My oldest, who is now 20 (unbelievably) was not yet two. We were facinated by the jumping water, having never seen anything like it before. My son was just thrilled by it. And to top it off, we had a visit from Dreamcatcher and Figment while we played there. Yes, I have a picture (but no scanner, sorry). I'll still sit and want it for a while. It's fun watching the kids play in it, and remembering my own kids enjoyment. Actually, now that I think about it, he played in it on our last trip in 2000. Obviously a fond memory for him whether he remembers it or not.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

OMG--I have a picture with me, the Dream Catcher, and Figment in that very same year!! I had just turned 4!!

To those of you who might have imagined me older, well---pppplllllbbbbbbbttttttt!!! [img]graemlins/tasty.gif[/img]

I am 22, a youngin' I know, but I still know a heck of a lot about WDW!

Man--I miss the Dream Catcher!!!

Peace, love, and Mickey Mouse--

-Jarrod

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    "If you can dream it, you CAN do it!" -WED

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

I believe the gentleman's name was the "Dream Finder"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: