Quantcast spectromagic start to finish

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

how long would you say it takes to see spectromagic? I saw it last year but have already forgotten! lol!!
    "Pudge controls the weather" -Lilo

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the actual parade is about15-20 minutes long but if you get a spot early this can add to the time
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

Remember the parade doesn't start everywhere at the same time...so it would depend too where on the route you are. Unless you're at the beginning of the parade, I'd allow 30 minutes.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

[ July 23, 2003, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: TiggerRPh ]

Post Thanks / Like

My first post!!

I have another question about spectromagic. Where is the best place to view it?

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Posting and Intercot [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

The viewing area depends on personal preferences but I prefer the less crowded areas of Frontierland.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree. Frontier land is a really nice place to be. It is quieter there while you wait and the crowd from the Main Street have started to clear by the parade ends over by Frontier.
    "I'm visiting my happy place, my happy place, my happy place, tralla , la , la , la.<br /><br />Next trip:<br /> May 2006<br /> Over 40 visits from 1975 <br /> til now.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but there's NOTHING like watching the parade while sitting on the curb on Main Street. It can't be beat!

Pesonally, I like to sit on the Emporium side of the street. You can see the parade coming around the enterance square and come around the corner. It's really cool. But anywhere on Main Street is FANTASTIC!
    Gawrsh

1979 - Polynesian Village
    1988 - Treehouses
    1990 - Treehouses
    1997 - Disney Institute Villas/Yacht and Beach Club
    1999 - Disney Institute Villas
    2001 - Carribean Beach
    2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2007 - Pop Century
    2010 - Offsite/Port Orleans Riverside
    2014 - Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

We have seen Spectromagic twice. I think any spot would be great. Last time we were near the castle, sort of over where the walkway from the main circle goes over to Tomorowland. It was VERY crowded because that was the only night of our stay they were having the parade. As an added bonus, we were in great position to see Tinkerbell fly that night.
    The crowds that night were horrendous (mid-June). It took 55 minutes to get on a bus once we elbowed our way to the bus stop. I have serious doubts about whether I will ever do this again, but everyone should do it once.

David
    David<br /><br />WDW Visits<br />May 2000 - off-site<br />April 2002 - AS Sports<br />June 2003 - AS Music<br />March 2004 - POR<br />November 2004 - AS Music<br /><br />"Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than we can ask or imagine, be glory forever and ever" Ephesians 3:20-21

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen Spectromagic since they brought it back! I remember as a kid sitting on the right hand side of the street( if you are looking at Cinderella's castle) and eating ice cream. My parents wouldn't let us have it until this time! It was great! We actually sat and waited for the parade! I hope to catch it this trip!

Karen
    Karen

Childhood: 15+
    September 1997 ASMu/ GF
    May 2002: AS
    October 2003: AS
    April 2004: AKL
    October 2004: Pop
    December 2004: POFQ
    Jan 2005: AKL-just Dh and Me!
    Sept 27 2005: AS Sports
    Oct 15 2006: ASMv and MNSSHP
    Nov 1-5 2006
    Dec 9 2006: AS Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Karen,

Are you thinking of my old time favorite "The Main Street Electrical Parade"?

I didn't think that Spectromagic was around before. Maybe I am wrong [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

It does happen to me though

seth
    WDW at least 13 Times Since 1972!
    DLR to many times to count (used to go every weekend when I lived in CA)Next scheduled trips:August 2006-WDW
    October of 2005-DLR for the 50th!

Gwarsh

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

We like to watch the parade in Liberty Square.
    We like to sit right in front of the Hall of
    Presidents. We have to get there at least an hour
    before the parade starts but it is a great viewing area for us. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We'll combine a later dinner at Pecos Bill Cafe with an evening of Spectromagic. We'll watch from the pathway that leads to Splash and Thunder Mountain. When the last float passes, we'll head for the rides, and get a few rounds in with little lines.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by goofyfanatic:
    Are you thinking of my old time favorite "The Main Street Electrical Parade"?

I didn't think that Spectromagic was around before. Maybe I am wrong [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
    Main Street Electrical Parade was replaced with Spectromagic at one point-- then it came back briefly before being replaced again a few years ago. (Probably more than a few years-- I lose track!)
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Post Thanks / Like

I lose track also.

Sorry for the mistake. In my mind nothing can replace The Main Street Electrical Parade.

Seth
    WDW at least 13 Times Since 1972!
    DLR to many times to count (used to go every weekend when I lived in CA)Next scheduled trips:August 2006-WDW
    October of 2005-DLR for the 50th!

Gwarsh

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: