Quantcast Weight Restrictions for Rides???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi!

Could you point me in the right direction to get weight restrictions for rides if there are any? Also, if you have any archived posts from guests who had any trouble due to their large size on any rides?

Thank you so much for your help!

Carol

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The only weight restrictions I know of are for horse riding at Ft. Wilderness (I think it is 200 lbs.) and probably the water mice (not sure of that one)

Stand by and someone else will be along with more information.

Deb's site has a section called "WDW at Large" that may be helpful.
    My son is a Henry. I never had a Willie or a Sam.

Post Thanks / Like

Horseback Riding is 250 lbs. & the water boats is 350lbs. I have never heard of any other restrictions for rides.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    1981 - Poly
    1982 - Poly-FWCG
    1984 & 1985-Poly
    1987 & 1990-CR
    1989 - CB-Poly-GF
    1991& 1993-Poly
    1992 & 1995-Dixie-Poly
    1997, 1999 & 2000-POFQ
    2001 - ASM
    2002 - POFQ-WL-AKL
    2003 - Poly-AKL
    2004 - POFQ-WL
    2005 - DL-POP-POFQ
    2006 - FWCG-DL-POP
    2007 - POFQ-DCL-DL-POP-FWCG

Post Thanks / Like

disney builds there rides strong so they should be able to handle just about anyone. actually, being larger is better for roller coasters because it gets the ride going faster.

Post Thanks / Like

The attractions in the theme parks have no weight restrictions. I've never seen anyone too large to fit in an attraction. Don't worry. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I guess what I'm really worried about is how safe will I be? What started this was something I read online about a women on a flume ride who was large and was thrown from the ride as it went down it's largest dip. Some are speculating that, because of the shifting nature of fat (as opposed to the stability of muscle), her restraints shifted so much that they no longer secured her as recommended.

Tell me I'm worried for nothing... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[ September 05, 2003, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: carolc ]

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

That happened at Knotts Berry Farm in Southern California. The drop on that ride literally looks like a 90degree angle! None of the rides at WDW are so extreme that it should be a concern. Have a great time!
    Next TripDec 10-17!Can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like

actually, being larger is better for roller coasters because it gets the ride going faster.

While waiting on line for Splash Mountain there was a very large man getting on the ride and the man behind me said to his kids "Now those people are going to get really wet." It was funny because he the tone of his voice wasn't mean or sarcastic. It was almost as if he was explaining something to his kids. I don't know.

I've only read about weight rescritions for the boats and horseback riding. Good question!

Joy

Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe there are any weight restrictions but there are rides that are a tighter fit such as Space mountain where I have seen larger people having trouble getting out. That also goes for tall people, it just seems like a harder ride to get out of. Luckily I am only 5'2 so I just make the height requirement!! haha
    Jenni b
    "if you can shape it in your mind, you can find it in your life."
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Disney_nut:
    The attractions in the theme parks have no weight restrictions. I've never seen anyone too large to fit in an attraction. Don't worry. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I was too big to fit in CyberSpace Mountain at DisneyQuest. Also, I have a heck of a time getting into the logs of Splash Mountain (my legs are too long), I have to cram myself in.

[ September 06, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: CaptSmee ]
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

As I large person, I've never felt unsafe on any of the WDW theme park rides. That being said, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind.

1.) Some rides have lap bars that, as you would expect, lock when they hit YOUR lap, not your companions. This became somewhat of an issue when I went with my 12 year old goddaughter. She got quite a bit of "air" on ToT and slid around more than I would have liked on BTMRR. I'm sure she was perfectly safe, but if you have a choice you may want to try to pair up with other adults/larger people for these rides.

2.) I got kind of nervous on some of the water slides at the water parks. Obviously heavier objects pick up more speed on the way down the slide, and I found myself creeping WAY too high up on the sides for my liking. You may want to talk to some CMs and use your judgement at the water parks. The slides at the resort pools weren't a problem as I would always go down the slides sitting up so I didn't gain too much speed.

Have fun and feel assured that you will have no problem "fitting in" at WDW.
    I have Grad Ears! - College of Disney Knowledge '99<br /><br />May 1997 - Offsite<br />May 2001 - ASMu (Honeymoon!)<br />Oct 2001 - Coronado Springs<br />May 2002 - ASMu (1st Anniversary!)<br />Feb 2003 - Wilderness Lodge Concierge/Beach Club<br />Dec 2003 - Swan/Polynesian<br />April 2004 - DL Paradise Pier<br />July 2004 - AKL<br />Sep 2004 - DCL Western Carribean/Contemporary Tower<br />April 2005 - Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

[img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I had a bit of a squeeze trying to go through the Pirates of the Carribean turnstile. I had to turn sideways and tip toe through to get in. This was about two years ago. Does anyone know if this is still true or have they finally widened that particular spot?

08/99 All Star Movies
    06/01 Ameri-suites
    10/03 Holiday Inn Family Suites
    12/04 All Star Movies
    03/06 Pop Century
    03/06; 08/06; 03/07; 06/09 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    12/06 All Star Sports
    12/08 All Star Vacation Homes

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

[img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I had a bit of a squeeze trying to go through the Pirates of the Carribean turnstile. I had to turn sideways and tip toe through to get in. This was about two years ago. Does anyone know if this is still true or have they finally widened that particular spot?

08/99 All Star Movies
    06/01 Ameri-suites
    10/03 Holiday Inn Family Suites
    12/04 All Star Movies
    03/06 Pop Century
    03/06; 08/06; 03/07; 06/09 Ft Wilderness Cabins
    12/06 All Star Sports
    12/08 All Star Vacation Homes

Post Thanks / Like

It's a tight squeeze at POC, but i'm a big guy, and I can squeeze through there.
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

There are size limitations on Mission: Space. I believe Mufasa said 300 lbs. However, it says; "certain body shapes or sizes". The ride warning is listed in info central.

Ride Restrictions
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I have to do the "turn sideways and tiptoe" on the Pirates turnstile too.

I wish they'd do something about that. You could go through the handicap gate, but usually I just kind of close my eyes and think of England--somehow I always wind up on the other side.
    I have Grad Ears! - College of Disney Knowledge '99<br /><br />May 1997 - Offsite<br />May 2001 - ASMu (Honeymoon!)<br />Oct 2001 - Coronado Springs<br />May 2002 - ASMu (1st Anniversary!)<br />Feb 2003 - Wilderness Lodge Concierge/Beach Club<br />Dec 2003 - Swan/Polynesian<br />April 2004 - DL Paradise Pier<br />July 2004 - AKL<br />Sep 2004 - DCL Western Carribean/Contemporary Tower<br />April 2005 - Coronado Springs

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by carolc:
    Also, if you have any archived posts from guests who had any trouble due to their large size on any rides?
    Oops. I forgot. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Yes there is a topic on this subject in the archives.

Rides for overweight individual ?
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I went to Disney World a few years ago with a friend of mine who was about 400 Lbs and he had no trouble getting on any of the rides. We went on SM, Splash Mountain, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion and Pirates all with no trouble at all. You should be fine. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Beware of hitchhiking ghosts!

Post Thanks / Like

I am 5'2 and weigh 330 ... will this be a problem with the rides at magic kingdom ... I am going with my neices and nephews as well as my sister and her husband and our parents ... I am wondering if I will be able to enjoy the rides

Post Thanks / Like

Kytten Kat I sent you an e-mail.

Hope you have a great trip! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Penny<br /><br />Too many trips to list!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: