Quantcast Has anyone taken a taxi from WDW to Islands of Adventure?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

I know I read here once that someone recommended taking a taxi from Downtown Disney to IOA. I'm wondering if anyone could give me a pretty good price range for round trip taxi to IOA.

I would like to go to IOA one day in the middle of our stay, but am not old enough to rent a car without paying extra (we're both under 25). Plus, we don't want to use a towncar service because this is supposed to be a BUDGET trip, so IBEX and Happy Limo are out.

Thanks guys!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I think PolyGirl has taken a cab offsite from the Poly (Sea World?) - hopefully she will see this and chime in.

I seem to remember reading that taxis to and from WDW to Sea World/Universal/Islands is about $40. Have you checked into using Mears? They may or may not be more economical for you.

Good luck!

Eva [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Eva a.k.a. EvaBryan

Next up:
    Not sure.... Probably Christmas '06 at FW!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Parking at UNiversal is 7 or 8 as well. I have not done this yet but our plan is to use Mears@ $12.00 roundtrip per person. Mears Transportation provides a daily shuttle. Reservations for return must be made at least 90 minutes. Pickup time is 7:20am, 8:20am, 9:20am and 10:20am Additionally Busch Gardens Shuttle Express offers daily round trip transportation from Orlando to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. The cost is only $5.00 USD per person, round trip. This service is always FREE with a purchase of a 5-Park Orlando Flexticket. For Reservations/Information, please call 1-800-221-1339.
    All Star Music, March 2002
    Contemporary, Feb 2003
    SOG Dec 2006
    Pop Century April 2007
    SOG June 2009-Star Wars Weekend
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek Sept 2011-first time off-site
    Sheraton Vistana Dec 2013-second time off-site

Wyndham Anaheim Disneyland 2015-First Disneyland[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by mejsimon:
    Mears Transportation provides a daily shuttle. Reservations for return must be made at least 90 minutes. Pickup time is 7:20am, 8:20am, 9:20am and 10:20am
    Where does Mears pick us up from? How late will they pick us up from IOA to return us to WDW?

Post Thanks / Like

Where does Mears pick us up from? How late will they pick us up from IOA to return us to WDW?
    I called and pickup time I listed is based on the hotel (we are onsite at Contemp)you are at. They pick up i n front of the hotel. The time varies depending on where you are. They said to allow 45 minutes or so for transport time from WDW to IOA. You should arrange a day ahead of time. They pickup at various locations & times until 0230am. You need to reserve the pickup time about 90-120 minutes ahead of time at the latest. I have these numbers for them ; 407.839.1570
    & 800.223.3868
    All Star Music, March 2002
    Contemporary, Feb 2003
    SOG Dec 2006
    Pop Century April 2007
    SOG June 2009-Star Wars Weekend
    Wyndham Bonnet Creek Sept 2011-first time off-site
    Sheraton Vistana Dec 2013-second time off-site

Wyndham Anaheim Disneyland 2015-First Disneyland[/FONT]

Post Thanks / Like

We used Mears for our trip from the AKL to US/IOA two weeks ago...booked the day before...you have the option to book your return time when you make your reservation if you like...

Wouldn't use Mears for anything other than this side trip...(but that is just our opinion)...
    $12 per person round trip....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Mears information. I have looked into it, but I am still curious about the taxi.

I am pretty sure someone reported that a taxi taken from Downtown Disney to IOA is relatively cheap, since DTD is much closer to IOA than most of the onsite resort hotels.

Plus, I would not like to have to make a "reservation" for the return trip...I would just rather know that we have the flexibility to leave at any time and will more than likely be able to either catch a cab at City Walk or call one and only have to wait a few minutes. Does that make sense?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Polygirl stated her taxi to Sea World from Polynesian was in the neighborhood of $40.
    The Mears shuttle is definitely more economical for you. You can call for reservations at 407-423-5566.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Natalie, I also remember the post recommending taking a taxi from Downtown Disney rather than from a Disney resort because it was closer to the other attractions and would therefore cost less. I did several searches for this post and I wasn't successful in finding it. I don't recall if there was an approximate cost for the fare or not, but even from DD, I'd think it would be at least $20 each way.

I think the Mears shuttle will be your best option in this case.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

That would have been my post. [img]redface.gif[/img]

We did indeed take a taxi from the Polynesian to Sea World. It cost us $42 to get there. However, on the return trip we had them drop us off at the Downtown Disney stop and it was only $17 for that leg.

I agree, Nat. We liked the flexibility of the taxi service and they were readily available.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
    That would have been my post. [img]redface.gif[/img]

We did indeed take a taxi from the Polynesian to Sea World. It cost us $42 to get there. However, on the return trip we had them drop us off at the Downtown Disney stop and it was only $17 for that leg.

I agree, Nat. We liked the flexibility of the taxi service and they were readily available.
    Thanks Carol! I knew I had read it somewhere. I mapped it out on Mapquest, and from Downtown Disney to Universal City Walk, it is only 10 miles, so the fare should be $15-20 each way, correct? The Mears shuttle is $12 per person round trip, which makes the taxi only a few dollars more. We are really going to want the flexibility.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: