Quantcast How much do you budget per day for food/misc?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

The wife and I are planning one last fling to Disney before we adopt our little one from China. We've been to Disney together three times since we were married 7 years ago, and, as you may have guessed, I have run the Disney Marathon once.

Can you tell that we LOVE Disney??

My question is, how much do you realistically budget per person for dining and misc expenses per day?

We are going to stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort (love it), and we may be able to bring some breakfast items, since we're driving down to Disney.

Thanks!
    Michael
    Proud dad of Olivia Mei Grace, adopted from China July 2006
    Disney Marathon 2004
    Disney Half Marathon 2010
    Goofy Challenge 2011

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We "budget" $100 per day per person - this is for food, snacks, water/soda in the parks, and any souvenirs.

Using our estimates --

Breakfast - $5
    Lunch - $15
    Dinner - $25
    Snacks/Drinks (4 per day) - $20
    Souvenirs - $35
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

McKinney, TX (1173 miles from DisneyWorld)
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

[img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] Welcome to Intercot!! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]

My wife and I, as well as my sister and her husband have been going to WDW together for the past couple of years. In our experiences we have decided that about $100 - $120 a day per couple is enough to cover your dining and misc. expenses. That being said, we almost always enjoy a nice sit down meal per night. [img]graemlins/beer.gif[/img] If you do not eat at a sit down restraunt then that estimate will be a little lower. If you do enjoy a sit down meal nightly I would also recommend looking into the Disney Dining Experience membership. This can save you 20% on most sit down dining. You can see a complete list of restraunts here http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp. Hope this helps. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    "Gawrsh....I can't wait till my next trip to Disney World"

First Trip: 1982 Off Site

Last Trip: July 1st - July 11th 2019, Windsor Hills Resort

Next Trip: Disney has given me no incentive to return at this time, they've become the big money grab.

KUNGALOOSH!!!

Turkey Leg Guest

If your not buying Souveniers on given days you can easily get through most parks on $40 to $50 a person. That gets you a lunch, snacks, drinks..etc. It's when you factor in a restaurant, shirts, and trinkets thats when you jump up close to $80 a head! It will fluctuate but you should be ok budgeting $50 a person per day.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to bounce this down to the Vacation Planning forum for you. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

The last time i was there my girl friend and i spent about 600 in 4 days and we didnt go out and party at night.
    Run Disney 2014
    Pop Century 2012
    Disneyland 2012
    Dolphin 2011
    Wilderness Lodge 2010
    All Star Music 2009
    Pop Century 2007
    Polynesian Resort May 2007
    Caribbean Beach Resort Christmas 2005
    Pop Century 2004
    All Star Sports 2001
    Boardwalk Inn 2000
    Polynesian Resort 1996
    Off-Site 1990

Post Thanks / Like

I am budgeting about $120 per day for dining for 1 adult, 1 12 yo, and 1 9 yo. The girls have their own speninding money for shopping and I have my own stash of mad money as well.

We have a sit-down or character meal planned for almost everyday. We also don't really do breakfast at all except for Cindy's once during the trip.
    Next trip: May 29-June 5 2007, Caribbean Springs Resort
    Previous Trips: May 2005 POFQ; May 2004 Off-site with 50 Elementary Schoolers; September 2002: Contemporary Resort; March 2002 Off-site; May 2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge; March-June 2000: Vista Way, WDWCP

Post Thanks / Like

We usually budget $50 per person a day for food/goodies and it has worked out for the last 4 years with some extra left over.
    J
    3/01 1st trip -Off site with 100 kids
    Over 20 trips since 3/01
    Lot's of fun and great family memories..

Going to be there in June 08.

mickeymousemom Guest

We are a family of five(ages of kids are 19mo., 11, and 15). We normally spend 4 days in the parks and we leave home with approx. $1100-$1200. This includes the drive down, a day or two NOT spent in the parks, and 4 days at WDW. We occasionally use our debit card for gas, etc. but we find that this amount works well for us. We do whatever we can to save money like eating breakfast in the parks, taking snacks into the parks, shopping at the Disney Outlets for souvenirs,etc. I can't imagine budgeting $100 per person/day....we would NEVER get to WDW! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

BostonChic Guest

Smile

You really don't know how much your gonna spend daily,because we ate at different places like delivery to room,food courts etc...but you should not eat in a park.We spent 40$ on one lunch!We would eat something in the morning on the way to a park.then at lunch go back to hotel,swim and dine.return to parks later on.If you have to buy souveniers do it at 1 place when you arrive or leave.In the park I would suggest like enough $ for drinks,ice cream or anything else.Leave the rest in your hotel safe!I would'nt bring that much money for a day at a park.We brought alot of money 1 trip and came home with money.any ways just try to afford what you can and enjoy the time your there! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

When it was just my husband and I we spent about 15-20 bucks for each meal and sometimes a ice cream on Main Street.If we did a dinner show then it was more.So it came out to be anywhere from 70-100 bucks aday if that.

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip, I budgeted for an average of $200/day. This is for a family of four (consisting of two small girls). There are those days when you spend virtually nothing on food, but there are those days you spend a LOT. It averaged out for us to roughly $200/day.
    88-Grand Floridian (GF)
    90-GF
    95-off site
    97-Disneyland Paris (DLP)
    97-DVC members!
    98-Old Key West (OKW)
    00-Dixie Landings
    00-DLP
    01-OKW
    02-Boardwalk
    04-Wilderness Lodge
    05-Tokyo Disney Resort
    05-Port Orleans - French Quarter
    05-Disney Cruise
    07-Mediterranean Cruise (July) & DLP

Post Thanks / Like

Our Daily Budget
    1) Food - $35/adult, $25/child *
    2) Souvenirs - $25/adult, $15/child

* Food includes one main meal per day, and snacking the remainder of the day.
    Average Banjo Picker. Pretty-Good Sailing Master. Newly Ordained.

Post Thanks / Like

Budget, whats a budget? [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I think around $60 each for two of us. If we don't spend as much one day, we probably will the next. It's better to budget a little over than run short at the end.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

We tend to share meals. My dad and I share a Chicken tender meal and a coke and we're full. Mom gets a hamburger or hot dog meal and we all eat from each others.. so.. we feed 3 ppl w/ 2 meals. At least for lunch. we rent a car and go off for dinner.. at chick fil a, taco bell, and such.. this save us money ( we get the car for free w/ credit card points).
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We usually budget about $50 a day per person for food not including snacks. This is for adults. We don't eat breakfast but we do usually have two sit down meals a day but we do get tired of big meals after a while and eat at counter service or food courts a few times so it comes out pretty even. For snacks we say about $10 per person a day. We don't snack alot. As for spending money for other things, it just depends. Sometimes I buy alot of stuff other times not so much! I have taken anywhere from $200-$1500 for spending money.
    Congratulations on becoming new parents very soon!

[ March 11, 2005, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: WDW crazy ]
    Sheree
    WDW Trips:
    Countless trips between (12/96) through (3/07)
    (Disneyland) To many times to count!
    (7/2005) Disneyland's 50th Anniversary Celebration
    (6/07) MOVED FROM FRESNO, CA TO
    APOPKA, FL - 30 MINUTES FROM WDW!

Post Thanks / Like

If you are bringing breakfast items you could probably do it for about $60/couple/day.

We do it for even less sometimes. Usually we have breakfast in the room from our stash of food. We have a nice sit down lunch and spend about $10-$15/person. Sometimes we do counter service for dinner which costs $10 or less/perons. Sometimes we skip dinner altogether because we are too full from lunch. We usually throw a snack in there sometime costing about $5/person.

We don't drink alchohol. I am sure that makes a difference. We also use our Brita water bottles so we don't buy a lot of drinks.

We have been so many times we don't see the need to purchase souviniers. I usually only spend about fifty dollars (or less) for the whole week.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

We spend MAYBE $100 per day for a family of four and we never spent it. This time, kids are a little older (12 and 9) and we figure we'll average $100/day for all of us - more for the days, prob. 2 or 3 for the week that we have a nice, sit down dinner. We've found in the past, we wanted to be on the go all the time and would much rather grab a salad at a counter service than spend a couple of hours at a meal -- the kids would flip!
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

Although, now that I think about it...

In the past we have driven and packed the car with snacks to take into the parks. Now this is our first trip flying and DH "forbids" (he thinks) food packed into suitcases and brought with us.

So, who knows how much we'll spend! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: