Quantcast What's with the finger scans?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Ok, I hope this isn't too silly of a question! What type of tickets are people using at WDW that require them to have their fingers/finger prints scanned? I have never paid much attention to it before but my husband asked me last night and I didn't know the answer! He was shocked! [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I believe these are for the Annual Passholders.

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Jim

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah ha! That was the guess I gave my husband, but wasn't sure of it. I just got a PAP but haven't used it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are for park hopper too. And Fla Res seasonal pass holders.
    Former Radio Disney Cast Member.<br /><br />"This is the thing I'm going to be remembered for." WED.<br /> "something could be built where parents & children could have fun together." WED.<br />Of course that idea turned into Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

We've always used parkhoppers, and never had to use a finger scan, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

Jim

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Im prob. wrong on the Parkhopper. I just seem to rember my Wife having to do it. But was a seasonal pass As i think of it. I just flash a Card and they hit 2 buttons and im in lol.
    Former Radio Disney Cast Member.<br /><br />"This is the thing I'm going to be remembered for." WED.<br /> "something could be built where parents & children could have fun together." WED.<br />Of course that idea turned into Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Yup, guyz, it's Florida Resident Annual Passholders. Me and the family has them and EVERY time we enter the park we haveta do them.

Actually, they arn't a finger scan, it's more like a bone structure scan. Inside is a little triangle of sensors and you have to put you fingers in a "peace sign" and press them together and push up against the sensors.

Hope this helps!!!
    ºoº25+ Visits!!ºoº
    WDW Passholder: 4 Years
    VMK Alias: wdwMarly

Please stand clear of the doors.
    Por favor, mantenganse alejado de las puertas
    -The Monorail<

WE WANTS THE RED HEAD!!!
    -Pirates of the Caribbean

Disappear disappear! Back! Back! Over the falls!
    -Maelstrom (EPCOT)

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by wDwMarly:
    Yup, guyz, it's Florida Resident Annual Passholders. Me and the family has them and EVERY time we enter the park we haveta do them.

Actually, they arn't a finger scan, it's more like a bone structure scan. Inside is a little triangle of sensors and you have to put you fingers in a "peace sign" and press them together and push up against the sensors.

[snip]*****

This is true....Us FL Res.AP holders have to go through the *finger scanner*......This is always a prob. for my DD [img]graemlins/doubleeek.gif[/img] as she has a crooked index & middle finger....Each time she is scanned she has to re-do the scan....apparently her fingers were in at somewhat different angle/position during the *original scan*

Post Thanks / Like

We had to do the finger/bone structure scan this past trip. It is the first time we have ever gotten Annual Passes. I had no problem with the scan, but the machine doesn't read some people as well.
    I'm a dad! My daughter, Eisley, was born on December 17, 2010.

Regular WDW visitor since 1981

Post Thanks / Like

Back in March, my DH had to have a finger scan with his Salute to the Military ticket.
    Melanie aka Melanears ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

My dh and I also had to have our fingers scanned with the Military Salute tickets. It was funny because the person at the gate would get frustrated with dh because it would never scan right for him. Why it wouldn't will be one of the great mysteries.
    ~~The Brat~~

Adults are obsolete children. -- Dr. Seuss
    In raising my children, I have lost my mind but found my soul.
    My reality has become warped!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh... I'm glad that I finally got some instructions on how to do the scan properly! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] It only worked twice for me on our last trip (our first time with APs) — the first time and the very last time!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I had to do it as a cast member, with my cast member ID.
    First Trip: 1990 Fort Wilderness Campground
    1990-2006: Annual Pass Holder
    2002: Spring WDW College Program
    2005: First Disneyland Trip
    2007: Double Tree Suites DTD
    Engagement Trip
    11/6/2007 - 11/13/09 Regal Sun Resort DTD
    Next Trip
    Honeymoon
    9/1/09 - 9/10/09 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We bought APs this year and had to use the finger scan. My poor DW. It would just never work right for her.
    Dan<br /><br />Woo-Hoo!

Post Thanks / Like

My sister had to have the scan with her Salute to the Military pass in April too. She also experienced trouble with the scan.

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed people have trouble with them, I hope I don't have to much trouble!

Post Thanks / Like

Last time we went down, my DH had the America Heros pass and he had to use the finger scan. Everyone else I saw using this got in 123. It took my DH many many times for it to work. Some days I would just go ahead into the park and rent a stroller and DH was still at the turnstile. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] The CMs were getting so fustrated.

Why exactly do they use this scan? I'm assuming it's so that AP holders to not lend out their passes???
    "Why Worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it better." WD

Post Thanks / Like

I was told that it measures the width between your two fingers which identifies you because supposedly no two peoples are alike. That is how they know that someone else isn't using your Annual Pass.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

After the [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img] machines were put in Disney found they did not work as well as they did in the tests. BUT they had spent so much money on them they would not rip them out. CM’s have told this to me on several occasions, over the years, when my AP refuses to let me in! [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]
    Kevin AKA Womble
    Disneyland Ca. 91-92 / Offsite 93-96-97-98-02-03-07 /
    Caribbean Beach 94-95-98 / All-star 99-01 / PO French Quater 00 / Coronado Springs 04 / PO Riverside 05-06

Post Thanks / Like

So what happens if the scan flat-out won't work? Can you just show a CM some ID to prove that the AP is yours???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: