Quantcast What's with the finger scans? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    born and raised in Alberta, now living in sunny Tampa
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried using my AP 5 times now and not once has the finger scan worked. Each time the CM tells me they've re-set it so the next it should work. So maybe on the 6th try in a couple of weeks it will though I won't hold my breath [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] All they do then is check my driver's license and let me in. My husband on the other hand has never had a problem.

[ August 10, 2002, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Mary Poppins ]
    Mary Poppins, is that your name? It's lovely.

PEACE, LOVE and MICKEY MOUSE șOș

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just there this past week and I started talking to a girl in line for the monorail at Epcot. (We were on our way over to the Magic Kingdom) She works for IBM in Innoventions and she said that she can get into all of the parks with her IBM ID card. When we got to the gates at MK, she put here card through and then she had to do the finger scan thing. It seemed to work for her.

Post Thanks / Like

When I was in WDW in Feb., I asked a CM what the purpose of the finger scan was. I was told that the machine took an image of your bone structure. This apparently prevents others from using that pass/ticket. I don't think it matters what kind of ticket/pass you are using - between the few of us that were visiting WDW, we had a variety of passes (FLA discount passes, park hoppers, etc.) and we all had to go through the finger scan.

My Mum and I had accidentally gotten our passes mixed up one morning and didn't realize 'til after we had gone through the entrance gates. We didn't encounter any difficulties with the finger scanners though.

Things that make you go hmmm...
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: