Quantcast Diecast Vehicles of the Rides!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Just back and wanted to say thanks for all the info on these! My 6 year old started his collection with the money he'd saved and we bought about 6 more to save for his birthday and maybe Christmas. The older two kids had fun looking for new ones in the shops for him. We even found two marked "retired" for 1/2 price (less than $3 each). By the way, since I know there were some questions about this- they all have wheels...thus the term "diecast VEHICLE". He especially loves the 4 pc. monorail, now that he got his co-pilot's licence for riding in the front (2x). Now all they need is a playmat of the MK park (my sis wants one for her boys)...couldn't they just blow up a park map on plastic?
    WDW:
    '71 Off Site
    '78 Fort Wilderness Campground
    '85 Off Site
    '92 Carribean Beach R.
    '97 All Star Sports
    '99 All Star Sports
    '02 Port Orleans Riverside
    '05 POP Century
    '08 POFQ

DLP:
    '08 Paris Apartment

WDW:
    '12 POP, Hilton BC, POP

Currently in Disney Withdrawl...sniff

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I just wanted to interject and say that I love these things! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] They are my new favorite collection...I bought almost all of them on our last trip! [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I do have one question: does anybody know if they ever made a Space Mountain one? I was surprised that I didn't see one anywhere, especially since they had the other big Tomorrowland attractions (Buzz and Astro Orbiter). Of course, I'd like to see a TTA one too, but I doubt that'll happen.
    Clayton (A Girl)

MY NAME IS AWESOME AND I CAN COUNT TO POTATO!!!

We'll make a wish, and do as dreamers do...and all our wishes will come true.

StepsUS1Fan Guest

I recall seeing a SM one in the Polynesian Gift Shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Which ones were 'retired' and where did you see them? We make it a point to always look for the red-tagged 1/2 price items to buy. We will be up there next weekend.
    I'd rather be@Walt Disney World :)<br />'04<br />&gt;12/17-24@AS:S,MVMCP<br />&gt;12/3-5@AS:S,MVMCP<br />10/22-24@PC,MNSSHP<br />10/8-10@AS:S,MNSSHP<br />8/1-6,9/10@DoI:N,9/11-12,9/26@DoI:BB<br />7/16-19@PC<br />7/2-5@AS:Mv<br />6/18-21@PC<br />1/1-4,1/16-18,5/4-11,6/5DoI:MI<br />42 days, so far@WDW in '04<br />&gt;586 days@WDW as of 1/1/4<br />'02)68 days@WDW+3 DoI:MI+MJ+Pr, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'02)65 days@WDW+1 DoI:Pr, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'01)53 days@WDW+1 D.onIce:TS2, MNSSHP, MVMCP<br />'00)36 days@WDW+MVMCP<br />'99)46 days@WDW+MVMCP<br />'72-'99)AS:Mu, DIx2, Poly x2, GF, C

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Charlie - Coincidentally, I got a bunch of mine from Trader Jack's at the Polynesian, but I didn't see a Space Mountain one. Maybe it's retired now?

Jeff - The retired ones that I got were a Splash Mountain log raft and a Mad Tea Party teacup. I got the Splash one at Splashdown photos (although I saw it many more places), and I got the Mad Tea Party one at the World of Disney. Hope this helps! [img]graemlins/mike.gif[/img]
    Clayton (A Girl)

Post Thanks / Like

To my knowledge they have yet to make a SM one. They did make an Astro Orbiter one. Not sure how they could make a SM one and not have it resemble AO. I would love to see them release more of these diecasts such as TTA, Snow White, Spaceship Earth, The Land, Friendship boats, and WDW buses (not the cruise ship ones).
    Will<br /><br />"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring."

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Will - Ah, I didn't think about that! I guess a Space Mountain one would closely resemble Astro Orbiter. [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] I heartily agree with your suggestions of new ones, too - Spaceship Earth would be really neat! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Clayton (A Girl)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: