Quantcast Broken Figurine-Help!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I have a Woody porcelin/resin figurine and he came to life and jumped off my desk today. He suffered major injuries - including his head falling off clean at the neck!! I'm assuming Super Glue can do the trick but does anyone have any other suggestions??!! There is a fair size area where I can re-attach it - about the size of a dime.

[ September 24, 2002, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: anm8r ]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Sorry to hear about Woody..

I would suggest the super glue route, if you haven’t already done that.. If it’s a clean break, and you have a large surface, you might not even notice it after gluing..

I just broke off Piglets leg the other day on one of my clock figures.. [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] A little super glue surgery and he is good as new! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Tracey ºoº
    AKA Ðizneyana

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're BRAVER than you BELIEVE, and STRONGER than you SEEM, and SMARTER than you THINK" ~ Christopher Robin to Pooh

WDW - 2 times
    DLR - 400+ times
    Next up - ???

Are you D23?

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Woody! I'm always breaking figurines or buying them 50% off because they are broken. Quick tite glue works great.
    Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum

91-98 Off property
    ASMusic-99
    POFQ-01 Wildfires
    ASMovies-02,03
    Pop-04 Hurricane Jeanne
    Pop-05 Tropical Storm Arlene
    Pop-09,10,11
    Sports-12
    Pop-15

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldl ike to second the quick tite glue. I have had more heads fall off than I can count [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] (I am a HUGE clutz) but that stuff always fixes them up almost as good as new! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help - I'm off to Home Depot to pick up some Quick tite!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

My 9 year old DD has collections of figurines. She has about 40 of them. One day, our cat jump on to the shelf and the shelf fell off the wall!!!! The entire figurines fell to the floor!!! Fortuanely, only 3 of it broke!!(good thing it was carpeted!!!) The Dumbo, Mickey and Ballerina Minnie. I called the Disney store and of course, they no longer sell figurines there anymore. It only sell them at parks. So i called WDW, and they told me that Dumbo is no longer available but Mickey and Ballet Minnie was. But i can send them the pieces and they will replace it. But since we were giong to WDW anyway 2 mos later, i saved it til then. Dumbo was not as bad so i use Super Glue to put his ears back on and it looked good. I saved the pieces and when we got back to Disney, i gave them the broken pieces and they replace with new ones!!!! My DD was very happy!!!!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    If you have trouble putting it together, call Disney and they might help you. The only down side is that they may not have the particuliar figurine avail anymore, but they would replace it with another character. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Melinda

DH; DD(13); DS(9)
    DVC Owner: BWV, VWL, VB, SSR

Future Trip: August 2006
    WDW and Double CC Disney Cruise

Past Trips: 8/05 DL and 14 day Repo Cruise;
    12/04 BCV/SSR/Wonder Cr; 1/04 WLV;

WL Flag Family 1/18/2004

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: