Quantcast Donald Duck steps out in a new Walt Disney World Show.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

According to this article Mickey's PhilharMagic will debut this Fall.

From the Disney Insider:

Passing the Baton

From wayward mice and hissing snakes to acid-firing termites and poison quill-throwing tarantulas, Walt Disney World's recent three-dimensional film attractions have been groundbreaking and entertaining but maybe a little intense for younger guests. So when Imagineers set out to replace "Legend of the Lion King" at the Magic Kingdom, they were thinking kinder and gentler 3-D.

The result is "Mickey's PhilharMagic," a new 10-minute special effects-laden film starring classic Disney characters. (Who could be kinder and gentler?) When the animated attraction debuts next fall, it will star Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, and other favorites in glorious, in-your-face, computer-generated three dimensions.

In the film, Donald starts out thinking he can conduct the PhilharMagic Orchestra and ends up darting in and out of scenes from various Disney animated features. The peripatetic duck goes under the sea with Ariel, soars through new worlds with Jasmine and Aladdin, just wants to be king alongside Simba, and joins the "Be Our Guest" scene from "Beauty and the Beast."

The show unfolds on a 150-foot-wide canvas (at press time, it is the world's largest 3-D projection surface) and is full of in-theater sounds, smells, and other effects that put you in the middle of the action with the perpetually hot-tempered Donald. Which, come to think of it, might just be scarier than the snakes, spiders, and rodents found in the other Disney 3-D adventures.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I like it!

[img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    Jim

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I am looking forward to this based on the good job they have done with the other similar attractions.

TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

Sounds exciting....thanks Carol!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

I really do look forward to this attraction, however I do have one question:

If Donald is the star, then why is it called Mickey's PhiarMagic?!?

Am I the only person bafled by this?

(Also I think it belongs more in ToonTown Fair, but seeing as an Concert Hall has wouldn't work at a fair, and Fantasyland still works for Mickey, It is a suitable match, not the best, but a good one)

[ January 09, 2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Figment! ]
    Figment! aka Jason ΊoΊ
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Figment!:
    I really do look forward to this attraction, however I do have one question:

If Donald is the star, then why is it called Mickey's PhiarMagic?!?

Am I the only person bafled by this?

(
    My thought about that Mickey IS the conductor, but as always Donald thinks he can do the job better, then messes everything up. Sounds terrific to me, I can't wait!
    Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

this sounds like a blast! i love donald and mickey together. they are the original formula for fun!
    *julie*
    "a very merry unbirthday to you"
    2/86 OffSite,12/89 CBR, 3/00 OKW,5/02 POR, 2/03 BWV, 8/04 POFQ, 9/05 WL, 8/06 POR, 2/07 Wedding: BWI & GF, 5/07 YC, 7/07 AKL, 2/08 Contemp, 10/08 YC,12/08 GF, 4/09 DCL Magic/CBR, 7/09 POLY, 8/09 CSR, Next: 3/10 SSR

2/11/07: Our WDW Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

I'm shivering with excitement!!

And going next Fed/march ( 2004 ) I'll be ther ejust in time for them to have worked out all the bugs
    Stephane Morrell

[B]"Here we see Schweitzer Falls, named after the famous scientist Albert Falls"

Next Trip March 2008 - AKV/BCV split stay

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by big blue & hairy:
    My thought about that Mickey IS the conductor, but as always Donald thinks he can do the job better, then messes everything up.
    That's the way I understand it too. Silly ol' Donald! [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

I thought this attraction was going to be a mix of 3-D and AA...I'm guessing I was wrong?

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I’m so glad Donald is going to be in it. He is one character; Walt drew, with some attitude problems, which makes Donald more loveable! (and funny!)
    Kevin AKA Womble
    Disneyland Ca. 91-92 / Offsite 93-96-97-98-02-03-07 /
    Caribbean Beach 94-95-98 / All-star 99-01 / PO French Quater 00 / Coronado Springs 04 / PO Riverside 05-06

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I like it, but my only complaint is we are going in March and it won't be open.
    ROBERT

PROUD FATHER OF A DAUGHTER FIGHTING AND BEATING LEUKEMIA. PROUD FATHER OF A GREAT SON EXCELLING IN ALL HE DOES. PROUD HUSBAND OF THE BEST AND MOST SUPPORTIVE WIFE A MAN COULD HAVE.

HURRICANE KATRINA SURVIVOR

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

I am really excited about this. Considering the fact that I have 2 small children, we are always forced to skip the 3-D shows. (freaks my boys out) The only show they have not been frightened of is Muppet-vision 3-D. They both LOVE Mickey and Donald so this sounds perfect for them. I can't wait. I think they need more Donald through out the parks. I kind of have a thing for him. [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    °o° Angie °o°

"If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame."

I've been lost in the twilight zone

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by longlivethepumpkins:
    I thought this attraction was going to be a mix of 3-D and AA...I'm guessing I was wrong?
    Yes and No

The orginal rumour was that it would be both, but later actual info. and press releases revield it woudl just be 3-D.

But you never know, Disney could just be keeping it a secret, well just have to wait and see...

Figment! aka Jason ΊoΊ
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning to go in October or November... Hopefully it is open by then...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Well,this may be just the excuse I needed to go back to WDW this fall Sounds fun, can't wait to see it [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    1978 ~ 1980 ~ 1984 ~ 1985 ~ 1986 ~ 1988 ~ 1989 ~ 2000 ~ 2001 ~ 2002 x 2 ~ 2002 ~ DL ~ 2003 x 2 ~ 2004 x 2 ~ 2005 ~ 2006 x 2 ~ 2007 x 2 ~ 2009 x 2 ~ 2010 x2 ~ 2012 April Trip #25

Post Thanks / Like

I was really hoping we would get to see this on our next vacation. I guess August isn't really fall though. Just another reason to go in October again, besides for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! I think this sounds like a great show. I can't wait.
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me! [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    "Well slotted pig, they are standard issue."

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see this attraction! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I am also going to "the world"in March with my DS and we will be very sorry to miss it.
    Sounds like a they combined The Three Caballeros,
    {my DS favorite Disney film} and the Band Concert.
    {one of mine} I also may have to plan another trip in the fall. Sounds to good to pass up.
    Cheers to Disney, for coming up with a new attraction that everyone can enjoy. I think Walt would approve [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

singermom4 Guest

Does this show require those funky glasses? Keeping glasses on a young child for any duration of time is next to impossible.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: