Quantcast Hurricane Frances Updates & News - Page 17

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Post Thanks / Like

It is good to hear that everyone seems to have come through this latest storm in reasonably good condition.

I am always amazed at what mother nature does with storms. Even with the best of technology we are still only able to predict within a few hundred miles the path of a storm like Frances. It is also amazing that WDW went from the early 70's until the late 90's without a complete shutdown of all the parks and now we have seen two such complete shutdowns in just a couple of months.

Just like that old butter commercial used to say, "It's not nice to fool mother nature."

[ September 08, 2004, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Jasper ]

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my power was out from Friday till yesterday. most of Palm bay is still without power, I am one of the lucky few that got it back. My porsh roof was destroyed and caused leaking into my house. 2 other windows leak now. My yard is littered with my neighbors shingles and trees. It has been a miserable weekend. It will be a long time before anything will get fixed, but I am thankful that my house is livable. There are only a few gas stations open and you have to wait an hour before you can get any. The grocery stores are running out of food.

We thank you all for your prayers and please keep them comming. We just want to get back to as close to normal as we can quickly!
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

One reason the stores are running out of food is they had to throw out the perishable departments due to refrigeration shutting down. The emergency generators only run the emergency lights and registers.
    Today I was restocking a frozen food department that lost all it's stock. Even the freezers in the back didn't hold the cold in.
    There are many stores and different grocery chains that are in the same boat.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

Well my husband does much better without crowds at the parks so I guess I will take advantage of the empty parks. I'll spend my tourist dollars in Orlando!!! And I'm looking forward to it.
    Susy the Groomer
    Snohomish, WA

Can we go again? Can we go again?

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by susy the groomer:
    Well my husband does much better without crowds at the parks so I guess I will take advantage of the empty parks. I'll spend my tourist dollars in Orlando!!! And I'm looking forward to it.
    the crowds were amazing. the day before frances we rode on Peter Pan's flight 3 times -- the only ones on the ride.

and the day after -- a little more people -- but still, absolutely no waiting ever.

it was worth being stuck in a Pop century hotel room for two days!

Post Thanks / Like

just to add to the crowd descriptions...

We went on the following rides, DUMBO, PETER PAN, SNOW WHITE, TEA CUPS, and POOH, all in about 30 minutes...TOTAL!!!
    Now that will never happen again I BET!!!
    Hmmm, let's see...
    Front row in the front of the castle for WISHES, noone in elbow room...
    it was soo scarce, I made it on the TOP3 list in MILLIONARE on Tues...LOL
    Poor guy made it to the MILLION POINT question, and missed the FREE CRUISE....bummer, but was great to get to see it!
    Went on Rockn Roller coaster twice within about 12 minutes...
    CURBSIDE for all the parades, with NO WAITING!!
    just spooky scarcity!!!
    But was great to take advantage of that part of it...

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Lizzy:

We thank you all for your prayers and please keep them comming. We just want to get back to as close to normal as we can quickly!
    Hang in there, Lizzy. Hopefully, Palm Bay will recover soon.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but did Fantasmic suffer damages. I noticed that it is still closed along with numerous other shows. Was there damage or is there another reason?

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by WDWdriver:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lizzy:

Hang in there, Lizzy. Hopefully, Palm Bay will recover soon. </font>[/QUOTE]Thanks Ron. We are getting there. There is just so much debris! And there are so many traffic lights gone. The National Guard has been out directing traffic for us- rifles and all!
    șoș Lizzy șoș

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by mlflinn1:
    Maybe I missed it somewhere, but did Fantasmic suffer damages. I noticed that it is still closed along with numerous other shows. Was there damage or is there another reason?
    Nope, no damages to the show. We were told that the mountain was dissasembled for the hurricane and it was closed tuesday because they had to put it all back together. The show was performed as scheduled on Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like

[img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] Welcome to Intercot, mlflinn1!
    [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    Black Jack Shallack form Frontenac<br />Cultural Representative CM '89-'90,<br />Le Cellier Restaurant<br />Canada Pavillion<br />World Showcase<br />Epcot Center

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Well, we survived and so did most of our house I don't ever want to hear the words, "Port Saint Lucie if your not in your safe room now, get in to it now" again! We have an old wood frame home and our "safe room" was a hallway and closet with a temp of about 90 degrees. Luckily I got my girls to fall asleep before it got really bad. I will never forget the hours of hearing what sounded like a freight train running over the house, watching the walls look like they were breathing,moving in and out and shaking, and hearing stuff hit the house. We lost our power on Sat morning and just got it back Thurs night. Our side of the street has power and the other doesn't. We ran a power cord to the lady across the street and gave her our fan and a small tv, we invited her into our house but she wouldn't come. We're still waiting for a claims adjuster to come to our house so we can fix stuff and get back to a normal life. I'm exhausted from making this fun for my girls, 2 1/2 and 4 1/2. I kept them happy and they're disapointed to sleep in their own rooms again and eat meals at the table. I hope everyone else came out of this ok and I'm glad to see WDW is ok.
    Things I learned from this experience : I hate peanut butter! I never ate it before and now I know why [img]graemlins/ack.gif[/img] I can live without tv. I cannot live without AC especially at night when the temp in the house is 87, impossible to sleep. Ice cold showers aren't so bad once you get used to them. Heat rash stinks. Baby wipes make an excellent sponge bath when water is not available. There are lots of nice helpful people around. There are lots of nasty people around scamming, looting and cutting lines. From my personal experience so far the nice people far outweigh the bad [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Married and Honeymoon at WL 1998
    To many other trips to list

Post Thanks / Like

mommybelle,
    Glad to hear you are ok. I am very sorry you have had to go through so much but very happy you are ok. [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] Sounds like your children are doing good. Perhaps when all is cleaned up, a trip to Disney should be in the planning. You may want to wait until cooler weather though.
    Nana to Brad, Alex, Dustin and Connor

Post Thanks / Like

Mommybelle, Thanks for letting us know you and your family came through Frances okay. It's amazing to me what the human spirit is capable of enduring. Kudos to you for helping your children through the nightmare. Glad to 'see' you back on Intercot. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by bradleysnana:
    mommybelle,
    Glad to hear you are ok. I am very sorry you have had to go through so much but very happy you are ok. [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img] Sounds like your children are doing good. Perhaps when all is cleaned up, a trip to Disney should be in the planning. You may want to wait until cooler weather though.
    Glad to be back We do have a trip booked for 10/31-11/6 which we've been planning for months. We may have to cancel if the insurance company doesn't come through for us. We've already used most of our vacation fund for hurricane supplies and repairs to the home. We'll know soon I hope. The room is paid for but we do need to eat and gas up the car... if there's any gas left in FL
    Married and Honeymoon at WL 1998
    To many other trips to list

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: