Quantcast Jeanne - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jeanne

Post Thanks / Like

I started another thread asking this but it got closed so forgive me if it seems out of place...but first, let me say best of luck to those that got the worst of jeanne. Of all the hurricanes that have hit florida, down here in fort lauderdale we keep managing to dodge bullets left and right (knock on wood). It stinks for it to happen once, nevermind 2 or 3 times for some of you.

Now to my question...I'll be going to WDW on Friday for a long weekend. Is there any siginificant damage that would cause a delay in the opening of the food and wine festival? Also, for those of you familiar with the Florida Turnpike - is there any damage or anything to the roads from Orlando SOUTH to Fort Lauderdale? I haven't heard anything, but would like to be prepared. Thanks so much!

*Shannon
    Stayed at: *ASMu *ASSp *POR *POP *CBR *CSR *WDW Dolphin *CR *AKL *Poly GVC & LVC *BWI

WDWCP Alumni
    Fall Advantage 2002
    Attractions Hostess-Wonders of Life-Epcot

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by J9:
    I'm over in Chatham Square (one of the Disney college program housing complexes) and the winds haven't really seemed to die down yet. I "slept" on the couch because my bed is right up against the window and I didn't want to sleep there. For going on about 12 hours now, the wind is creating a tunnel in the hallway outside our apartment and is banging against the front door making it sounds like someone is trying to force their way into the apartment. If we open the door to our porch it takes two of us to pull it closed again. There's some debris in the street across from us, but I can't tell what it is. We have three leaks in our dining room (the dripping kept me awake all night) and the entire back wall of the dining room is being soaked through (but we don't know how)

But we're surviving and we're all safe. Every now and again a strong gust comes along and we can feel the entire building shake, but we never lost power or phones -- just the internet until about an hour ago.
    AAAHHH good old chatham square, those were the days [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] . Its a good hting huricane season is almost over. How many more can that state take??? I hope everyone is ok down there.

Clermont, Florida...ten minutes from Disney :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...I'm over in south Lake county, about 7 miles to the west of Animal Kingdom and it was pretty crazy over here today. I woke up at 5 this morning and we took a beating til this evening, and it's still quite windy even now. This one was the worst of the 3 for my area. I'm fortunate to have power now, but i haven't had water since sometime last night (I smell niiiiiice ).

Hope everyone else is allright around here.

[ September 27, 2004, 01:37 AM: Message edited by: MaryburkS ]

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by ccp1:
    Can anybody tell us what happened to the Living Seas Pavilion?
    No details. The CM just read me the closings and hours.

However, it could be anything. The wording doesn't say the pavilion was damaged - just that due to Hurricane Jeanne it will be closed. Hence I'm assuming it's minor at best - as it's re-opening within the week.

Reports should be filtering in more and more today. Stay tuned .....
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

I read that October was to be the worst month for hurricanes. I really hope to God that is not true after what september has brought.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by JDNM2005:
    I read that October was to be the worst month for hurricanes. I really hope to God that is not true after what september has brought.
    That is not true, Oct, Nov is usually the slower part of the season. Aug and Sept is usually the peak of the season. Later in the season you start getting the cooler waters which is not what a hurricance needs. Hurricane season goes from June to Nov.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All

This is from the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper

"Disney spokesman Bill Warren said Epcot's Living Seas had some water damage and might not reopen until Tuesday, but it wasn't a major problem."

Marc J [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tiki.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

I know 1 of the deaths took place in Clay county. A 15 year old boy was outside when a tree fell on him. For those who don't know where Clay county is, it's just south of Jacksonville.
    Even though Jacksonville was not even close to be directly hit we took alot of tree damage and flooding and we just got our power back on.Alot of the traffic lights were out also.
    The grocery store's are taking a hit with the power outages, the emergency generators do NOT run the refrigeration cases or coolers. They have had to throw alot of product out for the second time this month.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

[img]graemlins/clappy.gif[/img]
    Hurray the storm has passed! Our thoughts & prayers are with all who have been effected by the hurricanes one way or another. Hopefully, they are all finished for the season!

We are flying in for a WDW visit on the 5th and heading for the Magic on the 9th. Has anyone heard whether Port Canveral will be operational again by that time. Has anyone heard anything about Castaway Cay?

Hopefully no more hurricanes, or bad storms for those of you who live in Florida, and those of us who turn green [img]graemlins/sick.gif[/img] during high seas!

Any information available would be appreciated! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    tbv

Post Thanks / Like

thevs,
    Welcome to Intercot! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]
    Nana to Brad, Alex, Dustin and Connor

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: