Quantcast Jeanne - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeanne

Post Thanks / Like

The way things are with this storm, cancellations and closures aren't going to be decided for airlines, businesses, etc 'till at least tonight at the earliest. It all depends on when Jeanne clears the high pressure system to the north of it. If you have flights, cruises, reservations, etc, and the airports or ports close, you can usually reschedule at that point for no penalty. Call your airline, etc. We're supposed to go down for 4 nights at AKL starting next wednesday, this thing needs to hurry up and clear out.
    Former CM (MK Mdse 92-95)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again... [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img] We're under a hurricane watch this morning as is most of the Florida east coast.

Folks, I would not cancel plans to WDW. The official forecast track as well as most of the models predict Jeanne will skirt the east coast as it moves north. At the very worst, the WDW area will get rain and maybe some wind on Sunday. I would venture to guess that the parks will open on Sunday, but they may open late on Sunday.

The buildings at WDW are built to survive much stronger winds than they have seen this season and Jeanne will not be affecting that area too much, so don't worry, it'll be okay.

Enjoy your trips!
    Last trip: May 26-28, 2006
    DVC Members since 2001
    "When you imagine, time becomes timeless..."

Post Thanks / Like

What is her projected strength supposed to be as some comes on shore? I think the last projection I saw she was at a category 2, which is still bad, but much better than a 4 or 5. Is she projected to gain much strength by landfall?

You are all in my thoughts and prayers, lets hope she loops back north and only brushes our coasts with some rain.
    AKA~Jody
    Off site-Dec 1984, Apr 1995, Nov 2000, Oct 2003, May 2004, Oct 2004, Dec 2006, Sept 2007, Sept/Oct 2008, Dec 2010, Nov 2012, Oct 2014, Dec 2017
    POP Centry- Dec 2004 (first stay onsite), Dec 2011
    CBR-Sept 2005, Dec 2005, Dec 2008, Sept 2009, Nov 2015
    AKL- Dec 2014
    Poly -May 2006

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,
    We made our decision and are flying down to Orlando tomorrow morning instead of Sunday morning. Luckilly making all the hotel, limo and airline changes went off without a problem. The only negative is that we can't sit together on the way down, but that's not that bad.

Stay safe everyone!!
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

I can't believe this. Three weeks ago we were scheduled to arrive at the World along with Hurricane Frances so we rescheduled. Now I will be arriving this Sunday along with Hurricane Jeanne. I must be a hurricane magnet. Plus I am living through TD Ivan right now.

We are still uncertain about leaving Saturday night for a Sunday arrival. We are driving so we could postpone for a day. How are the locals handling this new storm? Any problems yet?

Hoping she will turn north soon.
    '72 Polynesian
    '76 Contemporary
    '96 Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon)
    '01 Wilderness Lodge
    '02 All Star Movies
    '04 AKL/PC
    '06 WL
    '07 CSR/ASMo

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

Disney is waiving their cancellation policy due to Hurricane Jeanne.

Their Statement:

Guests with reservations arriving between Friday, September 24 and Monday, September 27, 2004, may, if they wish, modify or cancel their reservations by calling 407-W-DISNEY.

Any deposit and cancellation fees will be fully refunded (with the exception of airline tickets issued for a WDTC air inclusive package. For airline modifications or changes, guests should contact the airline directly.) This policy change only applies to guests or Travel Agents who booked their reservation directly through Walt Disney World. Guests who booked a Walt Disney World reservation through another intermediary must contact them directly.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard form Jeanne (no not the storm, Piglet822) and she said from what she has heard so far, the Magic is comming in tonight to Cape Canaveral, then riding out the storm out at sea with no guests, then embarking on Monday from Ft Lauderdale, and the Wonder on Tuesday, also from Ft Lauderdale. That is all she knows about the cruise line so far.
    ºoº Lizzy ºoº

I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do. --Helen Keller

Former VMK: dizzylizzy

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by Lizzy:
    Just heard form Jeanne (no not the storm, Piglet822) and she said from what she has heard so far, the Magic is comming in tonight to Cape Canaveral, then riding out the storm out at sea with no guests, then embarking on Monday from Ft Lauderdale, and the Wonder on Tuesday, also from Ft Lauderdale. That is all she knows about the cruise line so far.
    Cruise Line Changes
    Frankie #1440

INTERCOT Staff

Every day there is sad news, but each day itself is glad news.----Found in fortune cookie at Nine Dragons Restaurant in Epcot while having lunch during INTERCOT's 10th Anniversary Meet

But If Not

Post Thanks / Like

Those of you planning on arriving/leaving this weekend:

Orlando International Airport (MCO) will CLOSE at 6:00 PM on Saturday, 9/25, and will re-open at approximately 12:00 Noon on Monday, 9/27.

There will be no incoming or outgoing flights between those times.
    ________
    Yamaha RD400
    Last edited by Ed; 01-18-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is all Jeanne's (Piglet822) fault. This hurricane is obviously coming to visit the person it is named for. [img]graemlins/thedolls.gif[/img]

The latest forecast track has the storm smacking the Orlando area sometime Sunday. Here we go again.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Post Thanks / Like

Latest Statement Form Disney:

Based on updated information from the National Weather Service and consultation with emergency preparedness officials, Walt Disney World® Resort has taken several steps to ensure the safety of guests staying on our property.

All Walt Disney World® Resort hotels will remain open throughout the storm, with the exception of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney's Vero Beach Resort. Guests with reservations at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground or Disney's Vero Beach Resort arriving from September 24 through September 26 are being relocated to other resorts. Guests who have scheduled reservations at either one of these resorts arriving before Monday, September 27 are encouraged to call (407) W-DISNEY†.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by WDWdriver:
    I think this is all Jeanne's (Piglet822) fault. This hurricane is obviously coming to visit the person it is named for. [img]graemlins/thedolls.gif[/img]
    Oh yeah, Jeanne is a trouble storm all right!!! LOL!!!! [img]graemlins/laughing.gif[/img] and back to the road of her favorite drive to Fort Lauderdale!!! LOL!!!!

Will this ever end???? I really feel so sorry for the Floridians!!!
    Melinda

DH; DD(13); DS(9)
    DVC Owner: BWV, VWL, VB, SSR

Future Trip: August 2006
    WDW and Double CC Disney Cruise

Past Trips: 8/05 DL and 14 day Repo Cruise;
    12/04 BCV/SSR/Wonder Cr; 1/04 WLV;

WL Flag Family 1/18/2004

Post Thanks / Like

Well, down in Vero Beach - my dad's - they're looking at a early Sunday landfall, with the eye coming right through downtown Orlando at about 2:00pm. That means we'll probably start seeing the outer bands here in WDW probably late Saturday night, since she's (that'd the *hurricane*, not our beloved Piglet...LOL) so BIG across. Right now, the storm is a high 2 - low 3, but is supposed to pick up over the next day or so. I see that they're evacuating Brevard County again, and the Space Center and Visitor Complex is staying closed.

We'll see what happens. We're still scheduled to go into work on Sunday, but the Triathlon that was supposed to run has been cancelled and NOT rescheduled.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from my Disney cruise on the Magic. We arrived in Port Canaveral around 8:00pm and began disembarking around 9:45pm.The entire cruise staff was wonderful in this situation. Anyone who wanted to was offered a night at the Swan or Dolphin with breakfast included Saturday morning. We opted to just come home since we must get ready for Jeanne. We also will recieve 50 percent off a future cruise. Not too bad for missing one night and Castaway Cay. More info to come in a trip report tomorrow. Must get some sleep now.
    Kris

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Prayers and pixie dust for all you poor Florida folks...I can't believe you have to deal with this yet again!

[ September 25, 2004, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Dopey's Girl ]
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry that this storm won't stay out to sea. All our Southern East Coast friends, here at intercot, or like wise, please stay safe.

And Hurricane Jeanne go away... [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers and thoughts coming your way to all the Florida residents. When will these darn hurricanes end? We have a trip planned for Oct. 30-Nov. 5. I am wondering if I should cancel and change dates to next year. This is our first trip in 7 years and our kids first time at Disney. I don't want everything to be a mess. We are driving down from Ohio and I want to enjoy my vacation.... What do you think? Cancel or not?

T
    Theresa

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

we were supposed to fly into MCO on sunday but i just changed our flight to tampa. i hope it works out and we make it to wdw. ugh. go away jeanne!! and go away lisa too.
    Tracy ºOº

1995 Grand Floridian for honeymoon
    2004 Polynesian LVC (three kids later)
    2005 Beach Club
    2006 Polynesian, Tonga!!
    2008 Polynesian
    figured out the secret...
    2008 DVC member AKV

2009 Saratoga Springs/ Boardwalk Villa
    2009 VWL/ AKV... 2 trips in 1 year..love my DVC!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still thinking something's gonna happen to this storm and we'll all be fine (SUDDEN LEFT TURN BACK TO SEA!!)

Why I think this is simple...days before Francis came knocking my mom called me all panicky. She did not get panicky and never once thought Ivan would come...and he didn't hit our area. She still has not panicked called me about Jeanne so I'm thinking good vibes here....

Either that or I'm seriously deluding myself and am in denial about another round of this.
    A.K.A-Angela (calamity jane is a nickname from bandit training)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "May the force be with you....cause I won't be."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Proud gangster...roaming GMR streets since 2003.

Post Thanks / Like

You know a hurricane is bad enough, but we haven't had time to clean up from Francis yet, all that debris is going to make things worse.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: