Quantcast Jeanne - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jeanne

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Jeanne, Jeanne, Jeanne...

Enough already of these storms! Glad to know that our Jeanne is safely out of the way and hope that the homefront fares the namesake well.

Lizzie and all our other fellow FL Intercotees, our thoughts are with you!

And our thoughts and prayers are with all those cast members who have done so much to make magic for us when visiting the World.

Here's sending you bunches of pixie dust!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Digger Guest

we just got home from Howl-o-Scream at Busch Gardens, they elevated their wind alert and started closing the park down. it was supposed to go until 2 AM. the wind was blowing the van all the way home. we'll see how long we have power. [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

Just to let everyone in Jeanne's path know that I will be thinking of you. Please take care and stay safe.

Angie.

[ September 26, 2004, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: Disney Doodle ]

Post Thanks / Like

The bulk of the storm is still southeast of us, but we're catching some pretty heavy sustained wind and driving rain. Power has "blinked" off and on six or seven times during the night.

My amusement for the night has been watching the TV weenies getting drenched and blown around while they oh-so-nobly demonstrate for us how windy and wet it is. (Psssssttttt.... guys/gals.... we KNOW what a hurricane looks like! Get out of the rain! Your mascara is running!)

Power just went off again, but this time it didn't come back on. Gonna jump off to conserve battery power on the laptop. More later.
    ________
    vapor genie
    Last edited by Ed; 01-18-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Winds woke me up at 4 am. DH said he doesn't ever remember me getting dressed this early before. Jeanne is not as far north as THEY said it was going to be. We're under a hurricane warning now. Venice is at 27.1N and at 5 am the storm is at 27.5N. So I'm going to get some coffee and watch the local weather guys as long as we can. Take care all you Floridians. Check back when you can. God Bless.

After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just at a loss for words. Please everyone stay safe. Hope to hear from you all as soon as you can check in. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all and your families.

Has anyone else noticed that every hurricane this season that has the letter 'a' as the third letter, has hit Florida? Just a weird coincidence I noticed during Ivan.
    AKA~Jody
    Off site-Dec 1984, Apr 1995, Nov 2000, Oct 2003, May 2004, Oct 2004, Dec 2006, Sept 2007, Sept/Oct 2008, Dec 2010, Nov 2012, Oct 2014, Dec 2017
    POP Centry- Dec 2004 (first stay onsite), Dec 2011
    CBR-Sept 2005, Dec 2005, Dec 2008, Sept 2009, Nov 2015
    AKL- Dec 2014
    Poly -May 2006

Post Thanks / Like

I meant to say every named hurricane this season. Not sure if what I posted above made sense?

[ September 26, 2004, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Dreamin' of Disney ]
    AKA~Jody
    Off site-Dec 1984, Apr 1995, Nov 2000, Oct 2003, May 2004, Oct 2004, Dec 2006, Sept 2007, Sept/Oct 2008, Dec 2010, Nov 2012, Oct 2014, Dec 2017
    POP Centry- Dec 2004 (first stay onsite), Dec 2011
    CBR-Sept 2005, Dec 2005, Dec 2008, Sept 2009, Nov 2015
    AKL- Dec 2014
    Poly -May 2006

Post Thanks / Like

How are you guys in Orlando and Tampa? I just read this on the Hurricane website:
    WDW Swan / Dolphin station reported 83 mph wind gust

[ September 26, 2004, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: bradleysnana ]
    Nana to Brad, Alex, Dustin and Connor

Post Thanks / Like

I've been awake on and off all night....the winds seem worse then the ones we had during Francis. I just watched a gust take off a couple pieces off our palm tree and it looked like someone was throwing them down the street.

But really things do not seem too bad right here...no trees falling down and our power's only blinked on and off.

I just hope everyone else is holding up just as well.
    A.K.A-Angela (calamity jane is a nickname from bandit training)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "May the force be with you....cause I won't be."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Proud gangster...roaming GMR streets since 2003.

Post Thanks / Like

a couple pics from inside the studios are on the home page [img]smile.gif[/img]
    John Y
    Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer
    INTERCOT, Mousehut & Webdisney

At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.

-Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Yes, Dreamin of Disney, I have noticed too that all the storms names have the letter "a" as the third letter. That is too wierd, one good thing tho, Lisa and Carl have their a's in another spot!lol Geez, you could take that comment for what it's worth LOL
    Waiting to leave for Disney in 27 days!!! [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't heard anything about damage this time. Does anyone know how things "weathered" this storm? I hope this is the last one this year. I am tired of getting so worked up! We had major damage to our property & barn/shed during Ivan. We were host to 16 people for over a week & a half. (We live in AL but have MS power) We ate quite well though! Cleaned out 3 refrigerators & 3 freezers. Everyone else was out of power for quite a long time. Public schools are just now starting tomorrow. Things are in a "tizzy" in Mobile with only 1 storm. These poor people who have dealt with 3 is just to much! I look forward to hearing Disney is just fine & they are opening tomorrow?!?!?

[ September 26, 2004, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: minniemouse23 ]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm over in Chatham Square (one of the Disney college program housing complexes) and the winds haven't really seemed to die down yet. I "slept" on the couch because my bed is right up against the window and I didn't want to sleep there. For going on about 12 hours now, the wind is creating a tunnel in the hallway outside our apartment and is banging against the front door making it sounds like someone is trying to force their way into the apartment. If we open the door to our porch it takes two of us to pull it closed again. There's some debris in the street across from us, but I can't tell what it is. We have three leaks in our dining room (the dripping kept me awake all night) and the entire back wall of the dining room is being soaked through (but we don't know how)

But we're surviving and we're all safe. Every now and again a strong gust comes along and we can feel the entire building shake, but we never lost power or phones -- just the internet until about an hour ago.
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Parks will open tomorrow with a slight modification in hours.

MGM -- 10AM - 8PM
    Epcot Future World -- 10AM - 7PM
    Epcot World Showcase -- 11AM - 9PM
    Magic Kingdom - 9AM - 8PM
    Animal Kingdom - 9AM - 5PM

Blizzard Beach - 10AM - 5PM
    Typhoon Lagoon - CLOSED

Marketplace - Noon - 11PM
    Pleasure Island - 7PM - 2AM
    West Side - Noon - 1AM
    DisneyQuest - 11:30AM - 11PM
    Mini Golf Courses - Noon - 11PM

AND

Due to the damage caused by Hurricane Jeanne, the Living Seas Pavilion, the Coral Reef Restaurant, and the Dolphins in Depth Tour will be closed until Sunday, October 3.

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will re-open for guests on Tuesday, September 28.

Disney's Vero Beach Resort will re-open for guests on Saturday, October 2.

[ September 26, 2004, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: PolyGirl40 ]
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the BCV all this week. We were scheduled to leave today, but left yesterday morning instead. My MIL was lucky enough to get a 3:00 P.M. direct flight back home to Moline, IL Sat afternoon. My husband and I left driving home to Louisiana. We stayed last night in Crestview, FL right around where Ivan hit and arrived home today. We had to find an alternate route to Disney World last Friday because Ivan had hit and now we had to escape from Orlando due to Jeanne. Though, I have to say that I would do it all over again. The trip was amazing and every thing I had dreamed of.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anybody tell us what happened to the Living Seas Pavilion?

WDW- '71, '74, '83, '88, '89, '97, '98, '99, '00 (x2), '01, NYE '02/'03, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07 (x2), '08, '09 (x2)
    DCL (Magic)- '99
    DL Paris- '01
    DL/ DCA- '05

Magic Music Days- '88, '98, '00, '05, '07, '09
    Festival Disney- '05, '07, '09
    DVC Member Since 2000 (Vero, BC & Saratoga)

Post Thanks / Like

President Declares Florida Major Disaster Area

Hurricane Jeanne Blamed For At Least 6 Deaths

UPDATED: 9:20 PM EDT September 26, 2004

HUTCHINSON ISLAND, Fla. -- President George W. Bush has declared a major disaster area in Florida.

A White House spokesman said the president's action makes federal funding available to affected individuals in 19 Florida counties. Assistance can include grants for temporary housing and home repairs, low-cost loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the hurricane.

Six deaths have been linked to Hurricane Jeanne, the fourth such storm to hit the state in six weeks. It's now weakened to a strong tropical storm, with sustained wind near 65 mph.

The deaths include two people apparently drowned when the sport utility vehicle they were driving plunged into a lake northwest of Fort Lauderdale. Another person was electrocuted in Miami after touching a downed power line.

State officials said search and rescue teams would be deployed as soon as the storm passes to look for people who may have been injured in the hurricane. Thousands of residents choose to ride out the storm in shelters.

The storm piled on destruction in already ravaged areas. It sliced across the state with howling wind that rocketed debris from earlier storms and torrents of rain that turned streets into rivers.

Jeanne was a cruel rerun for many still trying to recover from earlier hurricanes, coming ashore with 120 mph winds in the same area hit three weeks ago by Hurricane Frances.

The new storm piled on destruction in already ravaged areas. It sliced across the state with howling wind that rocketed debris from earlier storms and torrents of rain that turned streets into rivers.

More than 1.5 million homes and businesses have been left without power. Many school and government offices caught in its path will be closed at least through Monday.

Gov. Jeb Bush sought to reassure weary Floridians.

"This does come to an end, and when it does we can probably use the term 'normal' again," Bush said.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of damage did the Living Seas receive? Is that all that was damaged on WDW property?
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah...still windy. And I know what you mean J9...my bed is right against my window as well. Nothing more pleasant then hurricane force winds lulling you to sleep...well i guess now they're tropical storm force winds.

So I think again our house fared well. There's a field beside our next door neighbors that go flooded but it didn't spill over into our yard. It was kind of neat to see though...there was a recycling bin floating in it like a little green boat. I'll be going to see the parks bright and early tomorrow morning....
    A.K.A-Angela (calamity jane is a nickname from bandit training)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "May the force be with you....cause I won't be."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Proud gangster...roaming GMR streets since 2003.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what the actual damage is, but before Frances hit, someone posted here that the roof on The Living Seas was not expected to survive through that hurricane. I guess that prediction wasn't far off.

-Eric

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: