Quantcast The Land: 2005 Refurbishment

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Land: 2005 Refurbishment

The official list of attractions in the pavilion are:

• Soarn'
    • Living with the Land
    • The Circle of Life
    • Behind the Seeds Greenhouse Tour
    • Garden Grill: Character Dinning Experience
    • Sunshine Seasons Restaurant
    • Jr. Chef - "Cookie Baking Fun"
    Pictures:

Entrance Sign

The new balloons

The new balloons 2

The new food court area (notice the new seats)

New food court signage

The refurbished Garden Grill

Chip and Dales Harvest Feast @ The Garden Grill Menu

SoarN' Sign

SoarN' Check in Desk

SoarN' Queue Entrance

Behind the Seeds Tour Sign

There is no shop in the Land pavilion anymore. According to some low level merchandising management, MouseGear will house all SoarN' merchandise.

Walt Disney World Press Release:

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Hungry Walt Disney World guests at the new Soarin' attraction have a brand-new venue for dining in The Land pavilion at Epcot. Sunshine Seasons, in the giant atrium of the pavilion, has a new look and a new "fast casual" menu.

Four shops offer a diverse selection of fresh eats, explained Chef Michael LaDuke, executive chef for Epcot. "We're taking fast-casual cuisine to the next level," he said. "There is no fried food or pizza, no burgers -- everything is prepared as you watch. It's designed to excite the senses."

The décor has been re-imagined, with -- fittingly for The Land -- colors and textures inspired by nature and Earth's natural environments. The center of the space is an abstract representation of sky with blue background and long golden sweeps of sunshine. Five balloons are suspended in the atrium, four to represent the four seasons, the fifth balloon in the center representing Earth. Large green abstract tree trunks reach up the building's columns.

Wood-Fired Grill Shop

Wood-fired grills and rotisseries are center stage with fresh vegetables inspired by autumn. Hearty, earthy flavors include rotisserie chicken on wild green tabbouleh with tzatziki (cucumber-yogurt sauce) and grilled flatbread; rotisserie beef chimichurri with wild green tabbouleh and grilled flatbread, and wood-grilled Atlantic salmon with mashed potatoes and kalamata olive pesto.

Sandwich Shop

Made-to-order sandwiches are served on artisan breads inspired by baking traditions of the winter months. Sandwich choices include grilled vegetable Cuban, Black Forest ham and salami grinder with arugula on ciabatta, and smoked turkey and Munster on Asiago foccacia with spring greens.

Asian Shop

Wrapped around a 6-foot-long Mongolian barbecue and wok station, this area serves noodle bowls and stir-fries inspired by crisp, spicy flavors of summertime. Dishes are light, healthy and flavorful, like spicy Mongolian stir-fry beef with Asian vegetables; tofu noodle bowl with lime ginger broth, and a garlic-chile noodle bowl with chicken.

Soup/Salad Shop

Inspired by the abundance of growth and the celebration of the spring, fresh salads are prepared on stage. Distinct flavor combinations include seared tuna on mixed greens with sesame rice-wine vinaigrette; roasted beet and goat cheese salad with cilantro-lime vinaigrette, and grilled chicken and rocket salad with pumpkin seed vinaigrette.

"You will smell the grill and the wood, see the vibrant salads and fresh pastries, hear the sizzle of the wok -- the senses are all engaged," said LaDuke.
    Pictures from Laughingplace.com
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pictures! We were really wanting to eat at the Garden Grill in May. Looking at the pictures I can't see why they couldn't have it open by then. Why would it take till July to finish the work?

Kathy

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures. I can't wait to be there!!! [img]graemlins/muscles.gif[/img]

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by KathyMO:
    Thanks for the pictures! We were really wanting to eat at the Garden Grill in May. Looking at the pictures I can't see why they couldn't have it open by then. Why would it take till July to finish the work?

Kathy
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the whole thing is supposed to be opened by May 5th when the DL 50th celebration starts.

Can I, for one, just say how HAPPY I am with this rehab!!! They managed to refresh everything and make it look brand new, while still keeping that original Epcot feel.

I'm THRILLED with the job Imagineering did on this pavilion ... I'd love to see them do the same thing with some of the others. Although if they changed the menu at Garden Grill too much I'm going to be
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jason. The remodel looks great.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing those pictures-they were great. Looking forward to our first visit.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

The Garden Grill will not be open in May. I tried getting a PS for my trip next month and was told it would open mid Summer.
    ¨¨*:• Carol (aka PolyGirl40)
    INTERCOT Management Team

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the food at the Garden Grill. The menu was one of our favorites in all of Epcot. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I hope that the menu has only added some things and not changed completely.
    The pavillion looks great! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Thanks for the pictures Jason! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

TiggerRPh Guest

Cool

Thanks Jason. The rehab looks great. Add me to the list of people if they changed the Garden Grill menu.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the photos! I'm so glad they kept the balloons even if they are different. I love the various carpeting in the food court seating area to look like different kinds of ground covering.
    Summer 1978 - off site
    July 2000 - CBR
    May 2001 - PoR & AKL
    Dec 2002 - WL
    Apr 2003 - ASs
    Feb 2004 - Poly
    May 2005 - ASs
    June 2006 - ASs
    June 2008 - Pop
    June 2010 - PoR
    May 2012 - Hilton Garden Inn
    June 2014 - Floridays Resort
    December 2014 - CBR
    March 2015 - Swan
    June 2015 - Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the photos! I'm feeling both relieved and excited - I didn't know quite what to expect when the rehab was announced, but am very impressed. Can I tell you how glad I am to see the balloons? I was extremely grumpy when I read that they were being taken down, but SO glad to see them up again with new "seasonal" looks.

The Land facelift and the addition of Soarin' will be a great boost to this often overlooked pavilion.
    11/08: CBR, Off Site (fam)
    11/07: CSR, Off Site (fam)
    2/06-3/06, 12/06: Off Site (fam)
    10/04: CBR
    5/02: ASMu
    12/01: Off Site
    6/01: CSR (honeymoon)
    3/97: Grovesnor
    2/92, 6/94: CBR
    4/90, 2/91: Off Site
    2/89: HoJo (DD), Off Site
    8/88: Buena Vista Palace
    2/83, 2/84, 2/85, 2/86: Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the great pics Jason! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/mickey.gif[/img]
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

The rehab looks superb! Can't wait to see it! Thanks Jason! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ April 16, 2005, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: gonk12 ]
    WDW CM
    Adventureland/Liberty Square Attractions
    ºoº
    -------------------
    your cadavorous pallor betrays and aura of foreboding...

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Originally posted by WDWacky:
    Although if they changed the menu at Garden Grill too much I'm going to be
    Well the menu before the rehab was:

from info central

Grilled Flank Steak
    Rotisserie Meats
    Country Fried Catfish

Served with:
    Whole Grain Bread
    Seasonal Vegetables
    Chef’s Potatoes
    Cornbread Stuffing
    Garden Salad w/ Ranch Dressing
    …..includes non-alcoholic Beverage and Dessert

Beer, Wine and Cappuccino
    (Available at an additional charge)

Vegetarian Entree
    Roasted Vegetable Stew
    Oven Roasted Seasonal Garden Vegetables
    Tossed with zesty marinara sauce
    And served with fresh herb
    Grilled Polenta
    Topped with smoked Portobello mushrooms
    And fried onions

For the Children
    Fried chicken strips with steak fries
    And macaroni & cheese
    Served with a special dessert

Lunch
    Noon - 3:30 p.m.
    Guests 12 and up- $20.99
    Guests 3-11 - $10.99

Dinner
    5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
    Guests 12 and up- $22.99
    Guests 3-11 - $10.99
    It looks like after the re-hab:

from the picture

Family Style:
    Roasted Meats-Fresh Seafood-Vegetarian Selections

Fresh Baked Breads

Spring Mix Salad

Family Desert

For our guests 9 and under:

Chicken Strips-Macaroni and Cheese-Roasted Meats

Served with Mashed Potatoes or Steak Fires

Dinner
    Guests 10 and Up- $21.99
    Guests 9 and Under - $10.99
    Although the new menu is listed as more general, this is just the one on the outside of the restaurant. It sounds preety similar to me, if not the same...the main I difference I noticed, is that the sign explicitly states just "Dinner" no lunch....

[ April 16, 2005, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Figment! ]
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Our kids will be glad the cookie baking activity is still there. (Although I don't understand why they get so excited about something they can just as well do at home.)

I'm glad to see the balloons too.
    Ben

Post Thanks / Like

The entire rehab looks awesome. Thanks for posting the pictures. From the pictures, the entire pavilion looks to be brighter. The new balloons look great as well.
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

I think it looks great. I'm very pleased with the bright colors, which do seem to lighten up the whole pavilion.

I love how the balloons each represent a season, with the large one being the globe. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    Melanie aka Melanears ºOº

Post Thanks / Like

But I like pizza! I say, "Bring pizza back to Epcot!"

The passholder preview of Soarin' today was entering through The Land pavillion, though nothing else in The Land was open. The refurbed Land is indeed very attractive. The Soarin' queue is particularly nice, being bi-level with a wave theme throughout. There are 4 parts to the queue, and in the 2nd area geographical factoids and quizzes are projected on the wall, which helps to pass the time nicely.

I tried to find out from cm's when the pavillion would soft-open, and got at least 4 different stories. They were training on the Living With the Land boat ride, so it may be opening pretty soon.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Originally posted by KathyMO:
    We were really wanting to eat at the Garden Grill in May. Looking at the pictures I can't see why they couldn't have it open by then. Why would it take till July to finish the work?
    Originally posted by WDWacky:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the whole thing is supposed to be opened by May 5th when the DL 50th celebration starts.
    Originally posted by PolyGirl40:
    The Garden Grill will not be open in May. I tried getting a PS for my trip next month and was told it would open mid Summer.
    Originally posted by joelkfla:
    I tried to find out from cm's when the pavillion would soft-open, and got at least 4 different stories. They were training on the Living With the Land boat ride, so it may be opening pretty soon.
    I had previously heard and posted in another thread that the Land Grill -- now named Chip and Dale's Harvest Feast Garden Grill -- would not be opening until June 26th.

My most recent inquiry has revealed Monday, April 25th as the re-opening date. I think it's a safe bet to assume this will also include the "soft opening" of the entire pavilion. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

It would be worth calling Disney Dining as the difference in time between June 26th and April 25th is quite a jump.

[ April 18, 2005, 03:14 AM: Message edited by: Ghost1000 ]
    "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going."

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I do have a question though: the little gift shop wasn't listed in the official pavilion attractions. Does this mean it's gone for good? I used to love browsing in there, though I don't really know why! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    ~ valerie ~

* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Contemporary * Polynesian * Wilderness Lodge * Tree House Villas * Golf Resort/Disney Inn * Fort Wilderness * Port Orleans Riverside/French Quarter * Caribbean Beach * Swan * All Star Sports Music Movies * Coronado Springs * Pop Century *

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: