Quantcast BEST Character Experience

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BEST Character Experience

This is a spin-off of another thread, asking if you've ever been disappointed in a character. I started replying with my good experiences, so thought I'd better start another thread.

The best face character I ever met was Mary Poppins in 2001 - I think it was at Epcot. She was so delightful! She really took her time to talk to everyone, got down eye level with the children and was so pretty.

Our best costumed characters w also in 2001. Minnie Mouse pulled my DD3 out onto the floor at Chef Mickey's and danced with her. She'll never forget it! Then at MGM, Pinnochio saw my DH was wearing some sort of police shirt ... next thing we knew, he spun around, placed his hands against the wall and waited to be patted down!! It was absolutely hysterical!!! Wouldn't you know, I took pictures and they've never turned up. I'm hoping there's still a box camera hidden in the house with those photos on it.
    " But you see, I have the other slipper! "

1987 - Off Site
    1995 - Off Site
    2001 - All-Star Sports
    2005 - All-Star Music
    Next Trip - September 2009 - Port Orleans - Riverside

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In 2004 we were down over Thanksgiving and were watching the parade in MK and I had on my pink Philadephia Eagles hat and peter pan pointed to my hat and me and gave the thumbs up for the hat..
    Me and Goofy r Goofie for each other !!!!!
    first visit 1978,1981,84,88,96,97,99,2000,02(honeymoon),04,09, looking 4 the next trip in 13! o the pain of the wait!!

Post Thanks / Like

Last April in Epcot I went into this building and there was Mickey , Pluto , Minnie , Chip 'n' Dale and Donald and there was no lines. I was so excited to get my pictures taken. When i went over to chip 'n' dale the CM with them told me my boyfriend and the people in front of us in line that they were going to take a short break and would be right back. While i was in line waiting the CM looks at me and says "They are going to fight for you" I was like "huh" and he looks at me and says "you are wearing their shirt, they are going to go crazy" he went back to get them and Chip passed right by me and when I looked in front of me there was Dale and he gave me the biggest hug. The people in front of us took their pics and then it was my turn, Chip came to get me and gave me a hug and then Dale took me away from him and kept on hugging me and wouldnt let Chip or my boyfriend near me, my boyfriend was getting pretty mad it was actually pretty funny then Chip started mooning the camara I couldnt stop laughing , after all of that we finally took our picture, I was next to Dale and my boyfriend was between Dale and Chip. The picture came out awesome i framed it and will never forget that moment
    April 6-9 2006 Pop Century
    July 5-11 2007 Pop Century
    September 20-25th 2009 Pop Century
    June10-June 16 2012 Pop Century
    September 5-15 2013 Pop Century Disneymoon
    August 10-20th 2016 Pop Century (Daughter's first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

we went to a character breakfast at cinderella's royal table and about halfway through, we realized we were out of film. my dad had to leave the restaurant and go buy more film at one of those kiosks. Jasmine told us that she would come back to our table when my dad came back! When my dad came back Aurora was already there, so now we have a beautiful picture of my sister and I with both Aurora and Jasmine.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had sooo many great experiences, but the two that stand out the most are from my solo trip last september.

Near the end of my trip I want to meet Jane, so I asked at guest services in AK, and they said that she would be out at 3 and 4pm. So it was about 2:30 at the time so I left AK and went and looked in Rain forests gift shop before heading out side. Well I waited and waited and mickey and goofy kept going in and out. Well goofy soon started to recognise me and kept coming up and playing with my parasol and taking pictures of him self (i have the best photo of his eye and nose). Anyway he eventually tells me that jane isnt coming out today - so i left. I was pretty sad I had just waited 2hrs to see Jane. Anyway the next day I was in the mk and asked about jane and they told me the same times, so at 1pm I left and headed over to AK. Well guess what goofy came out again and recognised me! And told me that jane was there. So I talked to a cm that I had been talking to the day before. So at 2:15 jane FINALLY comes out and makes her way straight to me!!! She asked me if I was Anita, and told me she had heard all about me, and was really touched that I waited so long to see her, as most ppl dont know who she is. But wait it gets better, while she was talking to me the guy who played goofy came out and made sure that i was okay and that jane had found me In the end Jane spent 30 mins with me, after that she went back in (no body else came up to us).

Okay the 2nd one was not so much a character experience as a cm one. I was waiting to buzz and the incredibles in the time keeper place, when the cm said that the characters were leaving. As she came past me she saw my badge that said congratulations on, and asked me what it was for. So I told her it was looking cute with my crown on ( I should add that I was only 20 and I look about 13 and the crown is a princess aurora crown that you can only get in the UK). She was so tickled by that she told me to come with her. Now I was no where near the front of the line. She got buzz and the incredibles to come and see me. Mr Incredilble stole my paracole and was dancing with it, Mrs Incredible was embarresed and was saying sorry and buzz was going stamp happy with my autograph book (I ended up with 6 stamps from him on one page). It was so much fun and I have the sweetest photos.
    Miss you daddy RIP 08-14-04

Bring on my 23rd Birthday! 08-10-08

Post Thanks / Like

I'll just copy and add on to my post in the other thread...

Mulan, Aladdin, and Jasmine were probably the nicest characters I met (on my ONLY trip yet... ). Mulan chatted with me, gave me a hug, and asked to check our camera to see that our pictures came out okay when I told her she was my favorite! It was so nice that she showed just as much, if not a teensy bit more, attention to the weird teenager running around the park looking for characters as to the little kids.

I think Aladdin and Jasmine mainly stick out in my head because they're my other favorites and I'd been looking for them my whole trip. On my last night after dinner, when I'd almost given up hope (we'd already missed Pocahontas twice that day), a CM in the Emporium told us they'd be coming out at the Magic Carpet ride at 7:30. So my mom and I hiked over there and waited. We were third in line, right behind a 19 year old and her mom. It was kind of nice not to be the only teenager there. xD But when Aladdin and Jasmine came out, they were GORGEOUS. According to my mom as she watched, they both kinda gave me a big hug when I came up. Aladdin commented on my Jack Sparrow shirt, saying Jack had nothing on him, and Jasmine commented on the "jewels in my teeth." Heheh. They didn't talk too long (there was a veeery long line behind me), but they were very nice and in character and were awesome. :3
    April '06 - Beach Club
    July '07 - Grand Floridian

"Whatever their pitch, you can feel them bewitch you, the rich and the ritual knells of the bells of Notre Dame!"

Post Thanks / Like

Almost every Chip'n'Dale experiance has been great for me since they are my favorites and the ones I try to see the most. One of my most favorites though was when I kissed Dale on the nose and he fell over and spent the next several minutes rolling on the ground giggling. His handler was not happy, maybe she was worried he'd get dirty, but he didn't care and keep rolling and eventually pulled me down with him.
    I ran away from college and joined the Mickey Mouse Club!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have TONS of amazing Disneyland memories, as far as WDW...

A few years ago, my friends and I were eating at Chef Mickey's. At one point I was leaning on the table zoning out, when all of a sudden Mickey was there leaning next to me. He started flirting with the girls at the table, when one of us said "It's ok Mickey, we won't tell Minnie!"

Of course at that very moment, Minnie Mouse was walking by our table. She backtracked with her hands in a "what did he just do?" sort of manner. He motioned "Nothing! Nothing!" She then figured out what had been going on, and walked to the other side of the table and sat on my friend Christian*'s lap, putting her arms around his neck and getting pretty cozy with him (nothing un-Disney, of course ). Then Mickey had had enough, and gets a little angry. She motions "What are you gonna do about it??"

Mickey then pointed at his ring finger and made a 'no' motion several times. "No ring! No Ring!!!", prompting Minnie to storm off. We, of course thought this whole situation was a riot... apparently the rest of the restaurant thought so too, as we soon noticed all of the attention that was pointed at our table (various cameras and camcorders had all caught the events on random families' vacation memories as well)!!!
    Tifa
    ~Self-pronounced Shop-A-Holic~
    Mr. Burns: Simpson! I want to be loved. . .
    Homer: Uhhhh. . . Alright, but I'm gonna need some beer. . .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christabel
    Jasmine commented on the "jewels in my teeth." Heheh.
    I had Jasmine say that too me too when I was at the princess storybook breakfast.
    Miss you daddy RIP 08-14-04

Bring on my 23rd Birthday! 08-10-08

Post Thanks / Like

once when we were in the wonders of life pavilion at epcot goofy came out. There weren't many people in there at the time and he started playing soccer with my nephew who was about 4 at the time. They played for about 15 minutes then chip and dale joined them. In all they played with my nephew for about 45 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

It was in 2003 and it was my last day at Disney World. We decided since we were staying at the YC why not walk over to MGM since our flight was kind of early in the day. Anyways, I wanted to make sure that I got to see some characters on my last day so when my dad took my younger sibs to IJ I went to the Big Hat. I had every character there except Piglet so I went over there. He was with Pooh at that time. When I went up I told Pooh that I already had his autograph and if I could only have Piglets. He agreed!!! Pooh didn't want to feel left out so he started dancing with me. I have to admint I am kind of shy, so I was embarassed. But after awhile I got used to it. After Piglet was done signing he was trying to give me my autograph book back, but Pooh was so busy dancing with me he couldn't. He was getting annoyed(in a good way) so he was shoving it in my face, and Pooh was ignoring him. After 3-5 minutes Pooh gave in, and let me get my autograph book back from Piglet. When that was settled we took a very nice picture. I plan on getting it framed (I know it's taking me a while lol)!!!

I think that's my most memorable moment!

Courtney

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I have too many to tell all of them but some of my favorites are:
    - When my youngest DD was 2 we were in the garden in the UK @ Epcot and we were sitting on a bench when Friar Tuck came out and picked up my daughter and sat down putting her on his lap. He sat and patted her head and bounced her on his knee for like 10 minutes. To this day we don't go to WDW w/o finding Friar Tuck and my DD is now 12.
    - A few years later, my girls had matching autograph books so I had written their names inside the front cover. When Minnie wrote in their books she peeked at the inside cover and wrote their names on the page w/ a little message before autographing. My older DD who was 6 then saw her name on the page so I said to her "Wow, how do you think Minnie knew your name?" and she replied, "She probably remembers me from last year!" She's now 14 and we still love to tell her that story.
    - And finally in 2004 we were having breakfast in the castle and Prince Charming & Cinderella were at our table. My DD's were 12 & 10 at the time. Prince Charming started to comment on my DD's pin lanyards, asking them where they had gotten some of their pins. When Cinderella heard my daughter say that we had gotten one on Ebay, she said oh is that one of those new computer things? Prince Charming began to try & explain the technology of computers but Cindy said it was all just too confusing for her. She then asked my DD's where we were from and how we had gotten there. My DD's told her we flew on a plane from Ohio. And Cindy said, "Oh is that one of those new flying carraiges?" My girls got the biggest kick out of the two of them arguing like an old married couple and how Cinderella played her role so well. It was something they'll never forget.

There are so many more great character stories! that's one of the reasons why I love Disney soo much!
    Leslie

next trip 10/08 All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

One of our best character experiences occurred 3 years ago when we were in the Princess room in Mickey's Toontown. We were seeing Cinderella, Aurora, Suzy and Perla. Just as we entered the room, the mice had to take a "cheese" break, so we had 15 minutes with just Cinderella and Aurora until the mice came back. The Princesses fussed over the kids, flirted with the guys, and argued with each other about why they didn't have kids of their own - after all, they had been with their Princes for 50 years. They stayed in character the whole time and were wonderful!
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, I posted about my worst character experience. Today, to redeem myself I will talk about my best ones.

I do believe that the characters (Face & Fur) are the soul of Disney's theme parks. Anybody can build great rides and beautiful buildings but if it look like no-one lived here, there's no magic. The three stories I will tell here are the highlights of my last trip. Yup, we can forget fireworks, the great food or the trilling rides, the best time I had was with characters.

My second runner-up is my very arrival to the Magical Kingdom. Let's just say that my travel felt like a marathon. The excitement prevented me to sleep the night before but it kinda helped to catch my flight at 6:00 AM. The rest was a serie of obstacles: the airline counter, the customs, the delay for the connection, the waiting line for the Magical Express and the desk at the hotel. At the nano-second I got my stuff into my room, I litteraly made a beeline for the Magic Kingdom. At the very end, I put the card in the machine and give the "V" sign to the biometric reader and, at last I was in.

It was at that very moment, while I was enjoying the satisfaction that I have finaly reached the finish line, that King Louie appeared from nowhere, grab my hat and ran away...

So, I spent the next minutes talking to King Louie to have my hat back. After that, I feeled so relaxed. This is the Disney magic I love.

The runner-up for my best moment is my meeting with Alladin and Jasmine. I have a friend who love that couple and was unable to go to WDW. I thought of bringing him back a gift with a autograph of the happy couple. So I had one of those hand-drawn picture of then made and went to get an autograph.

Here's my mistake; being a rookie in this activity, I brought a cheap "Autograph" ballpen to do the deed. So I met the sympatic duo and, after some pleasant small talk, kindly ask them to sign the drawing. At the second Jasmine saw the pen, she said "Oh my god, we need a Sharpie!" and she went to the "caracter bodyguard" to retrive one. And, if it wasen't enough, she asked me if I had a problem with the collor of the marker! Not only those two were very nice with me but they went over the call of duty so I can leave with a great memento for a friend. Those two have litteraly have hearts of gold.

Here's the highlight of my last trip. The very moment who made the expense of the trip worth every penny.

I am a huge (6', 185 Lbs) fan of Belle. We can debate about princesses all night long, I just can't not like her best. This is the reason why I took some time to see her at the "Fairytale Garden". She was the perfect Belle; kind, smilling and beautiful in a Paige O'hara kind of way. It was the perfect casting. After the show, I had the opportunity to chat with her. I came to her saying "Bonjour Belle!" and she answered with a nice "Bonjour Monsieur!" and we had a great chat together.

A week later, it was my last day at WDW and I made the choice to take one of my last meal at the Princess dining at Akershus. As I said latter to Cinderella "I don't know why I am here; do I am here to meet the kingdom's high society or to see kids meeting the princesses?". Yup, I am a sucker for this. So I step in the restaurant loby and I saw a "Belle", her back to me, talking to a kid. Suddently, she turn on herself and I am face to face with MY Belle! While I was a little stunned by this, she just said, as if she met an old friend, "Bonjour Monsieur!". She remember me...

I barely remember the rest of the chat we had there, but at that moment, i felt special and this is, i guess, what Disney's Magic is all about.

Those are the moments that keep on poping into my mind when I think about my last trip; not the rides or the decor but the characters who made my trip extra special.
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goofy rocks!

Our best experience was with Goofy, my sons favorite character, at a character dinner in MK.

My son spent the whole time trading for over 30 Goofy pins and wore them proudly to dinner on 1 overly heavy lanyard...Goofy noticed!

Well, it seems to me, that Goofy went out of his way to sit down with us, chew on the table for a bit, mess my sons hair, pose for pictures etc etc. The best was when we went to leave, he noticed us again and started to 'cry' and then started the mock bowing to show his appreciation for my son's work getting all the pins.

It was as they say...priceless.

"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

90, 92
    - Offsite
    04, 06 - Pop Century
    Jan/Dec 07 - SSR
    Mar 08 - SSR - Wrestlemania
    May 08 - Vero Beach "Girls Weekend"
    Feb/Aug 09 - SSR & CBR
    Jan 10 - SSR solo
    Next Trip
    Feb 11 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

i was just about to post something like this...i have..hmm...alot of stories.. 1st.) our 2002 trip i was 10 and my sis was 6...we were getting our pictures with Jafar..and idk if it's me but i always walk to the villians a little slower then if it was Eeyore or something..any way...i turn around for the picture(we werent doing autographs) then Jafar took my sunglasses and put them on him! i was so suprised! i didnt think about him keeping them on for the pic so i took them back...2nd.)our 2002 trip again...pretty much same story..except we were taking our picture with baloo and he took my hat! and i couldnt reach it cause he was much taller then him...so i'm like jumping around like an idiot trying to reach my hat and every one was laughing @ me! 3rd.) last trip...this happend to my little sis(9 then) she has really long hair and mom had put her hair in pigtails and we were getting our pic with goofy (seperately) so goofy took her hair and pretended that they were handel of a motercycle!it was so funny! 4th.) we were in line for Lilo and Stich and stich started look at my pins and i had a stich pin and he got sooo excited and was pulling on lilo's dress to show her..5th.)i had just gotten my pic with baloo and got his autograph and he made me kiss his nose before he'd give me the book back! lol 6.) Alladin (he's so cute...i'm a 14 yr old gurl...sue me..lol j/k) any way i got a picture with him and i was like the 2nd 1 in line so he asked me how i posed for pics...so i did this really gurly pose with 1 hand on my hip and kinda stuck my rear-end out...he did my exact pose...it looked so funny! i LUV alladin! thats all i can think of right now...sorry this is so long
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love my figment!!

My best most favorite most memorable character experience was in April of 05, my last visit.

I have loved Figment since I was a little girl, but had only gotten to see him attached to the Dreamfinder. But, since he's gone solo, a big Figment walks around.

Well, in April of 05, mom and I were being silly (as usual!!) and we were wearing silly hats. Mine happened to be a headband with a bridal veil. Well. We met up with Figment, and he proceded to get down on one knee, and "propose." He put the "ring" on my finger, took my hand, and we skipped away, the very happy couple.. heh...

My next visit is in ten days.. and if Figment proposes again, I'm afraid I'll have to say no, as I'll be leaving my fiance home, while I again do Disney with mom!

Psychonurse

Post Thanks / Like

Default Way back in 1974 when I was 12 yrs old, I went with my

mom and Aunt down to DW and St Pete where I had another Aunt that lived there. We stayed with her for 3 weeks in january and we had to take a taxi from there to a bus place to go to the MK parks, (the old way to get around)! When we went to DW we ran into the the three little pigs and then the big bad wolf!! The Big Bad Wolf grabbed me for a moment, leaned over me and stuck my head in his mouth for a pose. It has been something I always remembered through the years. I love when the characters get into their magical disney acts!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My husband and I went down in 02 and were watching the afternoon parade at MK (can't remember the name of the parade). Chip and Dale were walking by and Chip came over to me and kissed my hand. I was soooo excited that I told my husband that I would never wash that hand again. I have washed my hand but that was my best character experience EVER!
    Kim

00-Disneyland
    01-Movies
    02-Movies
    03-Movies, Disney Cruise
    04-Pop Century
    05-Pop Century
    06-Sports
    07-Pop Century
    08-Adopted 2 great kids from Guatemala
    09-Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I have a couple, but my favorite one was Jan this year when my DD was celebrating her 5th bday at the princess tea party, and Auora pulled her out and taught her and the other kids how to sing a song using sign language. She them came over to our table last and spend 15 minutes just talking with her and it was just really special. Of course it made mom cry watching her have so much fun.

Let me tell you, those ladies that help out are wonderful. And Rose was also very special. She kept the girls interested.

The second one was at Disney Studios, when Mushu came up to my DD again and pulled her out into the street and kissed her hand and bowed to her. That was the highlight to her day.

oh yea, one more. My DS 8 was watching the parade at MK when the Queen of Hearts came up to him and made the gesture "Off with His Head", he just started cracking up laughing.

Kristine----Mom to David and Kassandra
    Oct 2005 DVC Members SSR
    Jan 2006 SSR
    OKW Oct 31-Nov 6 2006 shhh its a secret
    OKW May 11-15 2007 Me Time
    OKW Sep-Oct 2007 Family X-mas Gift
    DCL Jan 2009 1st cruise (just DH and I)
    Next up Oct-Nov 2009 Land and Sea

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: