Quantcast newletter march 19

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default newletter march 19

Here it goes!
    3/12 – More changes coming to VMK? You betcha! Plus news on the Tomorrowland Quest and upcoming Earth Day Ride-A-Thon! Not enough for you? How about a sneak peek into the future! Yavn's got the news - now get in the know!

Happy Monday! How you doing out there? Everyone have a good weekend? Here at VMK HQ the week is off to a roaring start - everyone's busy as usual getting new stuff ready for release. Last week, I chatted about some of the new features just around the corner and today I've got more info about that! Just remember, none of these features are in the game yet, but stay tuned and I'll let you know as soon as they are up and running.

Smooth Moves

At VMK Labs, we're always hard at work on improvements! Here's a feature has been in the works for a while now - so without further ado, I'm proud to announce that players other than room owners will now be able to move items in Guest Rooms!

Let your guests move this item - or not.

Now wait a second, before you get worried that your Movie Rewards Home Theater will go walking away, let me give you the facts on this cool new game feature!

As you can see from the image above many items will now have a new 'Let Guests Move This Item' button. When checked this feature will allow anyone in your room to move the item. I should also note the item options include 'Move' and 'Not Take!' So put your fears to rest - there is no way another player can take an item from your room and keep it, nor will they be able to place items into your room from their own inventory.

Pretty cool huh? I should also mention two more things: One, not all items will have the move option, so you'll need to look at the item first and see if has that capability. Second, all your items are set by default to non-movable - so don't worry about your stuff that is already placed in a room - no one's going to be able to take or move it.

Tomorrowland Questing!

Our vision of tomorrow is always changing, so it shouldn't surprise you that Tomorrowland is always changing too. Since it's been a while since we launched the original Tomorrowland Quests, we're super excited to announce 6 brand new Quests that will replace the current in-game Quest.

Now you'll finally be able to get your Driving, Underwater and Inner-Space Magic upgraded to 2 Stars. If you haven't completed the current Quests you've only got a little more time left, otherwise you'll only be able to get 1 Star for each spell type.

The Deep Sea Diving Suit Magic Quest Pin. (Try and say that five times fast!)

But wait, that's not all! We've also got a brand new Disneyland in-Park Tomorrowland Quest launching soon too (as the original print-from-home Tomorrowland Quests are no longer available). Like previous versions of the Quest, this new Quest is only available online. Need some extra incentive to get to Disneyland and play the new Quest? How about a brand new prize: Introducing Red Inner-Space Magic!

Stay tuned, we'll have a launch date for all the new Tomorrowland Quests (and the Inner-Space Suit Magic Spell) very shortly!

More VMK Changes

Now that I've got you excited about moving furniture - we still have a few more tricks up our sleeves to help make the game even better:

A Face in the Crowd

Do you have difficulty looking for a specific character in a room? Do you end up clicking everywhere to find them?

Move your mouse over a character to display their info.

Well friends, the days of clicking are soon to be a thing of the past. Just glide your mouse over a character and you'll see their name pop up right above their head!

Enhanced Trading Window

Step right up and see how we've redesigned the trading interface to help make trading better! Now you'll be able to click any item and get information about it - including how many Stars a pin has.

The new trading window.

Also, the only dialog you will see in the interface will be from player to player, no more messages from the game regarding items. We have also removed the 'Ask To Be A Friend' button.

Navigator & Event Rooms

Special event rooms will now be called out on the navigator and will be displayed at the top of the room list. No more lining up for an event room and finding out you are in the wrong place!

Earth Day Ride-A-Thon

Show your support for the environment - join us Friday, Saturday and Sunday for our latest Ride-A-Thon! Aside from the good feeling you'll get by supporting the cause, you'll also get some really cool goodies... What goodies? Well, in honor of supporting a 'green' cause, how'd you like to earn yourself some VMK green? Green as VMK bling, or what we call credits!

That's right for taking a ride in the Earth Day Ride-A-Thon you'll get 1,000 credits, if you ride each day you could earn 3,000 credits. But hey, don't think you're going to break the bank by riding over and over - you will only get 1,000 credits each day no matter how many times you ride. And I wouldn't let those credits burn a hole in your pocket - especially since a little birdy told me there's gonna be some really cool stuff on sale soon!

That's a Wrap!

Just in case you're counting, that's 2 weeks in a row with new features! But what about new rooms and items? Well... I did promise I'd give you a hint... here you go!

picture

Hmmm...

I know I said I would be in Hong Kong and Tokyo this week but the trip was delayed a few weeks so I'm here till early April. Don't worry it's all good, I just want to make sure everything for the upcoming build was A-OK before the trip and I was able to sneak in a few more surprises! Speaking of surprises, word on the street is that I'm going to 'surprise' 33 lucky winners with a Q&A session in Club 33... stay tuned, more info to come!

See you in VMK!
    Yavn
    Last edited by Patricia; 03-20-2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: added image
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, lets start some feed back!!!

The moving chair questions have been answered. woot woot. Excited? Maybe. not yet. need to see it in action.

requesting tomorrowland: I could use a tomorrowland minigame for credits over a two star green car magic. so, blah

WOOT to the new tomorrowland quest. I like the space suit magic. Hope it isn't just one prize that comes out and hopefully by the time I am there in (hopefully) april. But this leads me to ask: fantasyland and adventureland retired before tomorrowland and still haven't been redone? oh well. I am still excited over the space suit magic.

I like the fact we can see titles now. Makes things really easy.

Enhanced trade window? Again, I just need to see it. It looks like nothing changed except for size. hopefully quantity does though!

I like having the staff rooms announced in games. It should be a lot easier to be looking at that then the clock. Maybe. I don't know. still need to see this as well

Woot for free credits this weakend. I wish I could get more because of this plagued machine, but I will make do with what is given! WOOT

And the Alice in wonderland character looks pretty neat!!!! Have we seen pictures of this guy before from VMK? or am I experiencing de ja vu? Am I yavn?

Last, but not least, a question. Why does he keep referring to build!!! That makes me think new land/major land features!!!
    "There are two ways to look at this blank sheet of paper. You can look at it as the last page of a book, or as the greatest opportunity in the world because nobody's put anything on it." -Walt

Dreaming of Imagineering

Post Thanks / Like

First he didn't mention the loading of rooms this time.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RED SPACE SUIT MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Card #2 will probably be the Mickey Rug that we still haven't heard anything about. Arg still waiting to renew my pass, when is this stuff going to launch!

Gotta love those credits. Wow! Better than something we can never use.

That picture of a dark "which way do we go". We know Yavn loves Alice in Wonderland like Nachocat and I do (remember we were triplets!). Can it be, we will have a dark Alice ride or a Mr. Toad's wild ride. Small world imports is the only place that doesn't have ride pieces.

Post Thanks / Like

Could they be possibly be adding onto Fantasyland too? How about adding new rooms into Tomorrowland with those new quests
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Default 'Twas Brillig!

Can't wait for the Tulgey Wood room!

Just need a Beauty & the Beast ballroom and I'll be on
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

That alice in wonderland stuff looks amazing!! I'm so excited! That's one of my favorite movies too!
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

That's a very dark floor.. I look forward to anything Alice!

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else thinking that this new 'Tulgey Wood' room from Alice in Wonderland could mean a new ride competition?

Here's my thought process -

• Past ride competitions have included -

• Splash River Ride (ride pieces in Frontierland's Golden Horseshoe Mercantile)
    • Everest (Main Street's Emporium)
    • Waterslide (Adventureland's Shrunken Neds)
    • Space Race (Tomorrowland's Inner Space Store)
    • The only two stores currently in VMK that don't have ride pieces are VMK Central & Fantasyland's Small World Imports.
    • Disneyland's Fantasyland has an Alice in Wonderland dark ride.
    • That Tulgey Wood room could easily fit the theme for a fantasy dark ride competition.

Other things to consider -
    • Any type of ride could be used in VMK Central (eg. Epcot).
    • New Orleans doesn't have a store yet, but if it did, could lead to a possible mansion or pirates ride competition in future...
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty cool stuff. Although I've seen these features elsewhere from a long long time ago.
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Default newletter march 19

Cool. i can't wait for the ride a thon. i could use a little bit more credit. . I wonder when the in park quest will come out? I have tickets but have to wait for family to decide when to go. if i don't go when it comes out can someone here do it for me?
    VMK Title Alpharanda
    small worlds Miressa randie.

Post Thanks / Like

But I guess we already have an Alice in Wonderland room. Anyone forget the Mad Hatter's Tea Party? It already has those sign things on the tree over the entrance.

I agree with Rocks. A Beauty and the Beast ballroom would be so pretty Something to get to make up for the Haunted Mansion Conservatory.
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said last night in VMK. I would like a Snow White village room like the one were she goes in the Drawfs place.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: