Quantcast Disney Princess Inspired Bridal Gowns

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Princess Inspired Bridal Gowns

I didn't see this posted, hope it's ok to post the article, but I found it to be interesting...

Brides Can Soon Say 'I Do' Like a Princess

Christopher Boyd | Sentinel Staff Writer
    Posted February 23, 2007
    If your nuptial dreams include a fairy-tale wedding, Walt Disney Co. might have the perfect solution.

The company is using its stable of imaginary princesses as inspiration for a new line of wedding gowns. Disney and bridal designer Kirstie Kelly have developed a line of ethereal gowns that pay homage to Cinderella, Jasmine, Snow White, Ariel and Sleeping Beauty.

"They will be high-fashion and very modern," said Paulette Cleghorn, president of Designer Loft Productions, a New York public-relations firm representing Kelly. "We are modernizing the princess concept. There is a difference between a girl who is inspired by Snow White and one who wants to dress like Snow White."

Cleghorn said women who buy from Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding collection are definitely in the inspired category. The gowns, she said, will only vaguely resemble the costumes made famous in Walt Disney movies and storybooks.

The gowns, which will retail from $1,100 to $2,900, initially will be sold at one location in Central Florida. Solutions Bridal in Winter Park will carry the line.

"It was a little bit of a surprise that we were chosen for this, but a wonderful surprise," Solutions Bridal Manager Monique Scollin said. "We have many brides who are married on Disney property, and I assume they will be our main customers for this line."

Disney will initially offer 34 gowns, a line that will be expanded to include bridesmaid dresses, flower-girl dresses and jewelry in October.

"The brand extensions will be inspired by the princesses as well," Cleghorn said. "Bridesmaid dresses will be called maidens and accessories will be called jewels."

Princess clothing and accessories have been a huge hit with girls ages 3 to 6. Disney has sold billions of dollars in costumes, dolls and related paraphernalia, and items adorned with Cinderella and her peers.

Disney is betting that the allure will extend to considerably older females who find the princesses' mystique intriguing.

The princesses collection will be displayed in New York in April and will go on sale in Orlando and Southern California in June, Cleghorn said. Later, the line will be available at bridal boutiques elsewhere in North America and Japan.

"This is not a collection that will be available at every store around the corner," she said. "But we are expecting a number of local retailing partners."

The release coincides with Disney's 2007 theme.

"This naturally ties into the Year of a Million Dreams," she said. "Think of it as one of those dreams."
    WDW Aug 1990
    WDW Aug 1993- Dixie Landings
    WDW Jan 2003- Coronado Springs
    WDW Apr 2005
    WDW Feb 2006- Wilderness Lodge
    WDW Sept 2007 *MY BIRTHDAY*
    DL July 2011 LA/Vegas trip
    WDW Sept 2012 Birthday Extravaganza #2

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I can't wait to see what these look like! I bet they will be gorgeous....
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Oh, I can't wait to see what these look like! I bet they will be gorgeous....
    OK -- I'm gonna need to get married again! Hmmmm, wonder if my husband will mind???
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Tokyo Disneyland has actually offered a line of Princess bridal dresses for quite some time now, but only through it's wedding packages. Info is on their website. I think there will be a pretty high demand for these, even outside of the "crazed Disneyphiles."
    Tomorrow’s world approaches, so let us listen and learn, let us explore and question and understand, let us go forth and discover the wisdom to guide great Spaceship Earth through the uncharted seas of the future. Let us dare to fulfill our destiny

Post Thanks / Like

This also ran in the Wall Street Journal a few days ago with a few sketches. The dresses looked really beautiful. It will be fun to see pictures of new brides in them when they become available.

Post Thanks / Like

As a future disney world bride I will definately have to check these out! Thanks so much for the info- do you know where we can see the sketches?
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

Post Thanks / Like

even though i'm only 16, i know when i get married, i'm going to HAVe to get one of those dresses. lol

Post Thanks / Like

My fiance and I have decided to do a take on the Cinderella theme for our wedding since he proposed under the Castle. We receive champagne glasses as well from the castle that same day. These dresses would absolutely be the perfect touch!

Thanks for sharing the article!

PS: Does anyone know where I can find more information on these?
    Last edited by Pumpkin22; 02-28-2007 at 03:22 PM. Reason: wanted to add something
    ~DaNiElLe şOş

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them."
    -Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I found this pdf of the sketches from the Wall Street Journal.

http://www.weddingbee.com/wp-content...02/sketch1.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea but am I the only one that was a bit underwhealmed with the designs. I know most girls don't want line copies of cartoon dresses for their wedding day, but I think kind of look too much like every other wedding dress.
    Niki aka Lucille

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted - Mae West

Post Thanks / Like

I had actually heard about this a while back from a professor of mine and it was nice to finally read the article and see some sketches. I think that the concept behind the gowns is that they look more like 'regular' dresses on purpose. You can see the hints of the charaters personality and look in them, like giving the Cinderella a ballgown shape, and a mermaid cut (no pun intended) for Ariel's and roses on the Belle inspired gown. For the woman who is inspired by the princesses but wants to still wear a chic, 'high fashion', modern looking dress. I'm curious to see what the consumer reaction to the line is going to be!

Post Thanks / Like

I was really hopping for wedding dresses that looked like the actual princess gowns, but these look amazing as well! I really would like to wear the Sleeping Beauty or Belle one myself ^^
    First Trip: 1986 at 6 mths. old!
    Latest Trip: February 2017

Next trip: October 1017

Stayed at: Caribbean Beach, POP Century, Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary, The Polynesian, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club, Grand Floridian, Art of Animation, Disney DREAM

Post Thanks / Like

This will be interesting: Will Disney be able to adapt his magic to Bridal Gowns without making them look too flashy?

I can wait for real pictures!
    "But you've read it twice!" -The Bookseller

02-1987 Off-Site, 09-2005 Pop Century, 09-2006 Pop Century,
    09 2007 All-Star Sports

Next trip: 09-2006

Yes, I am a Browncoat.

Post Thanks / Like

I found pictures of the dresses here.

I am disappointed in the Snow White one...
    4 trips to DL,
    6 trips on DCL,
    57 trips to WDW in the past 21 years and counting...

Coming Soon:
    EPCOT for Food&Wine Festival Fall '08
    DCL Special Itinerary Tortola May '09
    Moving to FL (hopefully) Summer '09

Post Thanks / Like

The official site:

http://disneybridal.com/

Saw these a few months ago and wished I'd seen them 10 yrs ago when I was married.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful.

I love how there are so many timeless designs with a twist of today in them. Better start saving now for my four princesses as I am betting these don't come cheap!
    Wife of one Handsome Prince
    Mother to Ariel, Tinker Bell, and twin Mulans

Planning is half the fun!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: