Quantcast VMK, Getting tougher? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

It honestly makes me wonder how hard it is for some people to recognize that VMK is a game. Why do people insist on using VMK as a dating or daycare service???
    Disney is life......the rest is just details!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first went onto VMK, taken was kinda expected (who can avoid it?). What was weird was the "bay be" thing. Yes varcity can always have his bay be but the "Im a little new worn bay be" and whatnot is really silly. Besides, all I see in Boys meet girls and bay be is a person looks at another, comes up and asks. I have a feeling its only because they're rich.

One time (maybe more than once) I have seen a girls meet girls and boys meet boys. I reported, and guess what I got? The message practically meant "You cannot discriminate groups." I have nothing against them, but in a game meant for kids, should staff allow that type of thing?
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

Post Thanks / Like

This is very much needed! Glad VMK finally took a stand for this taken stuff. I am not sure if will stop taken completely, (and maybe even day care and baby stuff) but it might sevearly go down (well at least that's my prediction)

Sure jp can't pick his nose, but he can occasionally scratch it
    VMK Name: DidneyWDWkm (AKA Did) then it changed to Didney_km
    Next Trip to Disney: December! Hopefuly its not as cold as last time...

Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonErin View Post
    It just means you can't create "boy meet girl", "girl meet boy", "boy meet boy", "girl meet girl", "boys pick girls", etc. rooms anymore.
    Looks like Ricks is going to need to find a new hang out.
    "You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Wait so nobody can pick their nose
    There was no pick!
    Paging Mr.Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived.
    Please give them a ring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by See.low View Post
    Looks like Ricks is going to need to find a new hang out.
    So unfair. How's a virtual boy supposed to find a virtual girl in this virtual day and age? Virtual-eHarmony.com?

Seriously, the great thing about VMK is that there is never a lack of places I can cause trouble. If it's not the "boy meet girl" rooms, I can move to the "bay.be day care" rooms.

Central Plaza is always a good place to rattle the kids. If you see me on the corner alone, I'm like a hawk, biding my time until I can mess with some rude spikey-haired boy's ego.

But my new favorite? The Sci-Fi Dine-in! If I'm in there, I'm wrecking havoc!

Ricks (who thinks you should know that the last time I was in a "boy meet girl" room in VMK, See.low was in there with me... boo.yaw! )
    Zut alors! I have missed one!

Post Thanks / Like

Sci-Fi Dine-In seems to be the place where a lot of the kids hang out at.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Last night when I first log on to VMK I when to the guest room list to see what I can fine and I found this out. Boy see Girl hang out. And on the part were it tells what the room is like it said something like this. Boys see girls as u know what I mean sends I can't use the other word anymore. So what does that tell u?
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

It's dictionary dancing which also can be the cause of a ban for people. Like in anything, there's always a group of people that believe they are over and above rules.

However, in this case from what I've been reading all over the place. Most people are in total agreement with this new policy. And I think this time, the VMK community has spoken. Enough is enough!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chescat View Post
    It's dictionary dancing which also can be the cause of a ban for people. Like in anything, there's always a group of people that believe they are over and above rules.

:
    There is a full room on the popular list now using met in place of meet , dictionary dancing is alive and well. Unfortunately we have not see the end of questonable rooms by a long shot. Although this is a positive step it`ll take enforcement by VMK to help eliminate the rooms we have all seen and grown to dislike .
    Paging Mr.Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow. Your party from Saturn has arrived.
    Please give them a ring.

LittleDragonErin Guest

What's sad is we still lose out over this, by losing words we use for other purposes from the dictionary. I'll put good money on "met" being gone from our dictionary next week too. -_-'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RicksCafe View Post
    So unfair. How's a virtual boy supposed to find a virtual girl in this virtual day and age? Virtual-eHarmony.com?

Seriously, the great thing about VMK is that there is never a lack of places I can cause trouble. If it's not the "boy meet girl" rooms, I can move to the "bay.be day care" rooms.

Central Plaza is always a good place to rattle the kids. If you see me on the corner alone, I'm like a hawk, biding my time until I can mess with some rude spikey-haired boy's ego.

But my new favorite? The Sci-Fi Dine-in! If I'm in there, I'm wrecking havoc!

Ricks (who thinks you should know that the last time I was in a "boy meet girl" room in VMK, See.low was in there with me... boo.yaw! )
    Inferno. RIP VMK.
    -Happiest Place On Earth

LittleDragonErin Guest

I was in a room a few minutes ago that had somebody with "I support gray" in their signature. VMK_Bingo came in and asked her to change it. Somebody asked if the boy meet girls stuff was no longer allowed because of what happened during the weekend and she said, "it was Disney's decision not to allow any couple rooms; and that is all I am allowed to say." So another girl asked if taken is no longer allowed or if just in signatures. And Bingo said, "we are not allowing it in signatures; so if you see somebody with it ask them to remove it; especially leaders."

Now that's good and bad. Bad because so many reports are going to happen (even Bingo said her night was going to be a busy night and from the few glances of seeing her on my list, she's been in and out of guest rooms all night so far) and leaders are going to have more ammunition against them now with that request. Ah well, it is why I volunteered.

Later in Stilgar's room, CL_Slinkyman asked the Help button about it and got back this response:
    http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6...retakenfo0.png

Post Thanks / Like

What I found interesting in this whole weekend, was the fact that it almost seemed like a coordinated attack on VMK (5 different rooms at the same time). What they didn't count on was the fight back from parents fighting for their kids rights to play in a safe environment free from the outside world's issues. Its a virtual game, not the place to decide what's right or not! All those contact us letters got written and rooms were opened up against it saying we aren't taking it anymore.

The other thing that also seemed strange was that it appeared to have occurred when Yavn and his team went over seas. I know he said they would be going in a few weeks. But the newsletter got posted at night, when it would have been business hours over there. Also Yavn hasn't posted to his blog lately either. Coincidence. Not sure.

But I believe the delay in the response had to do with upper managment in Disney Online getting involved with the VMK team (lots of letters were being sent to Disney Online also) and saying we need to make a stand across the board. Which is fair to everybody not prejudice to one group. You can't stop boy meets boy and not stop boy meets girl.

Like I have said before, I applaude VMK for finally making a decision about all this. If people want a dating service play Sims. VMK is just a place to have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question. What DID happen this weekend with the taken stuff? I, myself was not here, so I was just curious
    VMK Name: DidneyWDWkm (AKA Did) then it changed to Didney_km
    Next Trip to Disney: December! Hopefuly its not as cold as last time...

Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

What happened, if I understood correctly too, was that recently VMK has been shutting down Boy meet Girl rooms or Girl meet Boy rooms. Then this past week, there were a rash of Boy meet Boy rooms and VMK decided to send whoever reported the room a message saying something along the lines of if you don't like it, you don't have to be in there. So then alot of fansites including this on have been in an uproar about the entire subject and pretty much got together with sending in lots of messages into VMK saying that we all had enough. It looks like it worked for the time being. Now if they can start enforcing the rule. A couple of the staff were seen going room by room shutting down rooms last night.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Part of it was also the descriptions of the rooms also that bothered us. After reporting and reporting, got nothing. So Poohdent and bowlofcereal started a VMK Family Values room on Sunday night and sat around the room and discussed what we needed to do to get VMK's attention. The main thing was writing to them or taking it to Disney Online if we had too. That room got to the top of the list and we watched as those rooms started getting closed. Everybody was very supportive and tired of all this nonsense. They wanted their children and themselves safe. All sort of meet rooms whether is be boy meets girl, girl meets girl or boy meets boy, could be dangerous. There's too many predators out there.

Intercot people were also very supportive in the fight and want to thank all of you that did write to VMK and threaten to leave VMK until this was all over. We want this nonsense to stop and get back to the sillyness of VMK. Trying to unwind after work, school or the kids. Don't need the stress of all this.

LittleDragonErin Guest

I think the main part of it was 2 fold. VMK is free. And it survives on players (or in most cases, players' parents) spending money at the parks or on Disney merchandise. After all VMK is a marketing tool first and foremost. Who did you have this weekend sending in all those e-mails and messages? Majority were parents and adult figures. Who spends the money? The parents and adult figures. Next, who did they contact? I know many bypassed the black hole and went straight to DIG. After all, staff did say it was "Disney's decision" to change their policy on taken. They didn't say VMK's decision. And that's a big difference in my eyes. To me that says that Disney saw money being lost and needed to step in to protect its investment.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm very happy about this. i'm tired of my kids being "hit on". My sister won't even let her kids on vmk because of that. She'll be happy to hear that too!

wonder if i'll have to change my siggy now??
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

Well tonight when I got on wish was about 5pm CA time. I when to the guess list and I still saw 2 rooms with the name Boy MEETS Girl on them. I thought VMK took them away. But then again when I look back in there later when I was in Still and Lady's room they were gone. So ether VMK or themself when off. So I think they are still doing it some how?
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: