Quantcast Tidbits November 2007

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Tidbits November 2007

Tidbits
    November 2007

A More Contemporary Tower

11/26/07 The new Fantasia store has opened.

11/15/07
    The new Fantasia store is nearing completion on the Grand Concourse level. The new store appears to have exactly followed the displayed concept art. If work finishes on its current path, the new store is expected to open around Thanksgiving Weekend.

8/23/07
    Concept art has been hung on construction walls for the new Fantasia Shop that will re-place the collection of Kiosks in the central area at the one end of the Concourse. The concept art depicts an elongated open air (no ceiling) store with large Mickey Mouse Icon Frame entrances at both ends. Besides the construction walls, no further work has progressed on the new store likely delaying the opening from its tentative "August 2007" date.

SnaCOT

11/26/07 Almost 6 full months after being internally announced, Epcot has opened two new snack kiosks in the World Showcase section of the park. The kiosks are named Promenade Refreshments and Fife and Drum Tavern, they are located at the World Showcase entrance to Future World and the American Adventure pavilion, respectively. Both locations feature the same menu, which is as follows:
    Turkey Leg $5.75
    Hot Dog $4.25
    Hot Dog with Chips $6.25
    Souvenir Bucket of Popcorn $3.75
    Box of Popcorn $2.75
    Pretzel $3.50
    cheese Sauce $1.00
    Strawberry, Banana, Cappuccino or Tropical Smoothies $4.25
    Soft Serve Ice Cream Served in a Waffle Cone $4.00
    Frozen Lemonade $3.50
    Coca-Cola Fountain Products $2.25
    Coca-Cola Fountain Products in a Souvenir Mug $4.50
    Dasani Bottled Water $1.25 & $2.00
    Michelobe Ultra, Michelobe or Seasonal Selection Draft Beer $6.25
    Both locations do participate as Snack Locations on the Disney Dining Plan. They currently are accepting Snack Credits for all items Non-Souvenir items priced at or below $4.00.

6/2/07
    Epcot Cast have reported that two new snack locations are planned for Epcot.
    A new snack kiosk is reportedly planned to be added near the vicinity of the the American Gardens Theater. Additionally, a new snack and beverage kiosk is reportedly planned for to be placed at the World Showcase entrance to Future World. While no hard time table has been reported, both kiosks are reported to start installation Summer 2007.

Dino Dig

11/15/07 Ground has recently been broken and site preparation work is underway for the forthcoming T-Rex restaurant.

10/22/07
    The location of the forthcoming T-Rex restaurant has been publicly revealed. The walls that have been constructed for ground breaking now display advertisements for the new restaurant and an opening date of "Summer 2008".

10/1/07
    It appear that groundbreaking for the T-Rex restaurant may soon begin. The internally described area has now been sectioned off with construction barricades.

5/8/07The Ground breaking and construction of Landry's T-Rex Restaurant has been internally announced as a near term construction project for the Downtown Disney Area. The construction area has been described as the area in between Ronald's Fun House and the Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant. (see INTERCOT's Downtown Disney Dining Guide map for visual)

An Enchanted Entrance

11/15/07 The Disney-MGM Studios has introduced the first park-appearance of a character from the upcoming film Enchanted. Giselle has debuted as the Grand Marshall of the Hollywood Holly-Day Parade, which started earlier this week. As Grand Marshall, Giselle rides down the parade route in a horse drawn carriage prior to the start of the parade. Currently, the parade is her only form of in-park appearance.

A Straw Surprise

11/15/07 Due to frequent Guest comments, the Animal Kingdom park has recently introduced straws at its dining locations park wide. In keeping with park policy, the straws are animal safe and biodegradable. The straws are reportedly composed of wax coated paper.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Room Reshuffling

11/15/07 Character Cast have reported that auditions for the new Fairies line-up has recently been conducted. The anticipated opening date of the Fairies Room at the Toontown Hall of Fame has been clarified from "Early 2008" to "Spring 2008".

10/30/07
    Toontown Hall of Fame has opened a second Disney Princess Room after a retrofitting refurbishment. Despite the addition of the room the number of Princesses has not been increased, rather the capacity to see the same Princesses
    line-up has just been doubled. Hence upon entry Guests now only see signs for the Princess Room and the Disney Pals room, although there are still three physically separate rooms.

Adding to further changes, it is currently rumorued amongst Character Cast that the current Disney Pals room will be retrofit to become a Disney Fairies Room later this Fall. In support of these rumours, Cast have reported that audition notices were recently posted backstage for Tinker Bell and several other of the Disney Fairies. According to the rumours, the characters typically appearing in the Disney Pals room would be re-located around Toontown Fair near their namesake attractions as a result of the change. The Fairies Room is rumoured to open Early 2008.

A Castle Christmas

11/12/07 See Official Press Release Below

11/7/07
    Entertainment Cast have reported that the Castle Dreamlights (lighting of Cinderella Castle) is scheduled to have its Grand Debut November 12, 2007. Although it has yet to be publicly announced, Entertainment Cast have also reported that the show is scheduled to be held nightly during regular park hours during the Holiday Season. So far, public announcements have only referenced it as a highlight of the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party.

9/11/07
    The Magic Kingdom park has internally announced that the Cinderella Castle Christmas Overlay is scheduled to start on-site preparation today (9/11), including the arrival of the crane on-site. The announcment further clarified that the crane work is tentatively scheduled to end Late October, although the overlay work (sans the crane) may continue up-to the debut in Mid-November. It has also been clarified that the use of the crane during regular park house is scheduled to be restricted to morning hours only

Tides of Change

11/7/07 Work to convert the former Superstar Studios location on Pleasure Island to the new Curl shop has begun. Signs on the construction walls outside the location have now publicly announced the forthcoming Curl retail location. The signs, however, only list an opening date of "Coming Soon".

6/29/07 It has been internally announced that the new Sammy Duval Watersports shop will be called "Curl". It was further announced that the shop will feature surf-wear and surfing accessories.

5/23/07 Disney has filed a Leasing Agreement for one of its currently dormant Please Island retail locations. According to the documentation, Sammy Duval Watersports will lease the former Superstar Studios retail location. No date was documented for the beginning of the lease period nor its contractual length.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update Jason!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, be still my heart! A chance to meet Tink, and maybe Rani, Prilla, et al? I think I've just found my excuse to start planning the next trip! DD9 will FLIP!

Thanks!
    ~~Julie~~

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Oh boy! I hope it's true they'll light the Cinderella Castle Dreamlights every night during the holiday season...we'll be at WDW Thanksgiving week and there are no MVMCPs scheduled that week.

Thanks for the update, Jason!
    **mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to see the lights when we are there next week. so far it looks incredible.
    Kathy
    Nov 2007 Pop
    Dec 2006 CS
    Dec 2004 POR/WL
    Feb 2002 ASM
    Apr 2000 CR
    Aug 1998 WL
    Jul 1984 offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Thousands of Twinkly Crystal Lights Create Icy Cascade

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- A dazzling new lighting spectacle is transforming the iconic Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort into a glimmering, shimmering ice palace at holiday time.

Bathed in more than 200,000 tiny white lights, the castle glows and glistens as "Cinderella's Holiday Wish" delights Magic Kingdom guests nightly, starting Nov. 12.

"We are thrilled to be adding this brilliant new castle spectacle to the holiday festivities at Walt Disney World this season and for seasons to come," said Francois Leroux, vice president of Walt Disney World Entertainment. "This glistening holiday enchantment creates perfect fairytale magic for this festive time of year."

"For a park aglow in holiday magic, this becomes the new and eye-filling superstar," added Disney Entertainment show producer Rob Hamberg who supervised the weeks-long rigging of the turrets and towers for the light show. "Nothing will rival 'Cinderella's Holiday Wish' for sheer visual spectacle."

And what a spectacle.

As if suddenly dusted in a million ice crystals, Cinderella Castle shines like the galaxies, adding to the wintertime wonderment of the holidays at Florida's Vacation Kingdom.

Fun Facts

To transform Cinderella's fairytale castle into a magical ice palace it took...

Five weeks and 65 elves
    Two cranes
    15 miles of cables, cut and dyed castle colors, supporting...
    32,000 square feet of fishing nets, supporting...
    200,000 energy-efficient LEDs, interspersed with...
    500 strobes
    One Fairy Godmother working some very special magic...

"Show Before the Glow" Stars Disney Characters

To mirthful holiday music, Mickey, Minnie and the gang appear onstage, admiring the festive lights illuminating Main Street, U.S.A. But what to do about the darkened, unadorned castle?

As they bandy about ideas, the Fairy Godmother suddenly appears. It is Cinderella who should rightfully decide, she insists.

Enter the princess herself, with her Prince Charming. All agree with Cinderella that her castle should sparkle the way her beloved glass slippers do -- like shimmering ice and snow.

With a wave of Fairy Godmother's wand -- and guests joining in to make the wish come true -- Cinderella Castle magically morphs into a glorious wintry confection, twinkling in the sky. "The castle suddenly shines like a glistening blanket of ice," explained Disney show writer/director Alan Bruun. "Guests won't believe their eyes at the spectacle as Cinderella's holiday wish comes true."

Show times will be nightly at 5:45 p.m. Cinderella Castle aglow will also play a supporting role in other Magic Kingdom entertainment such as live stage shows, the nighttime fireworks extravaganza "Holiday Wishes," and the after-hours Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, a specially-ticketed event featuring the new "Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade."

Like a global necklace, dazzling castle lighting spectacles also adorn Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland Resort. Disneyland Paris, now marking its 15th anniversary, started the castle lighting tradition in 2005 when Leroux conceived the concept.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Carol; 11-12-2007 at 04:55 PM.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

How wonderful Does anyone know how long it will last? We are arriving on Sunday, January 6 for the last night of the Osborne Lights and would love to be able to see this as well!
    "We're too excited too sleep!"

1979 & 1981 Off Property
    April 2002 POR
    January 2003 POR & BC
    April 2004 POFQ
    January 2005 POP
    November 05 CBR 20th Anniv
    January 2007 WL
    January 2008 WL
    December 2008 POR
    November 2010 POFQ 25th Anniv
    Next trip 2013 January POR

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is WOW!!! I had some ideas in my mind of how the castle was going to look when they got done, but this is AMAZING!!! I actually got teary-eyed just reading the post. We're leaving in just 11 days, and this is going to be the PERFECT way to kick off our first full evening there.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Wow! This is going to be such a treat to see. It looks spectacular in the picture so I'm sure it's breathtaking in person. We're going the 9-17 of Dec...can't wait. And just to add a little humor, does this kinda remind anyone else of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation....'250,000 Italian Imported Twinkling Lights! Drum Roll Please....Drum Roll!' I just love that movie, Clark W. Griswold is the greatest!
    CTennant

~For you see, in the end it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that is so cool!!! 18 more days and I can see it!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

......would also like to know the ending date of this spectacular spectacle.

Our trip is Jan 2-12. P-L-E-A-S-E tell me it will still be 'happening'.....
    WDW is my happy place

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!!! that castle looks FANTASTIC!!! It never seems to amaze me and dw, but WDW just knows what to do. we will be at WDW for the first time during the holiday season for a long weekend, and now that we've seen the picture of the castle and what they're planning to do is a plus. we'll also be doing Mickey's Very Merry Xmas Party

let the countdown begin

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

WOW, I can't wait to see this it looks awesome. 12 days to go.
    ~Beth~
    1st trip Nov. 24, 2006-ASmovies (4nights)
    Nov. 25, 2007-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Sept. 6, 2008-ASMovies (6 nights)
    Nov. 28, 2009 ASMovies (7nights)
    Nov 28, 2015 AOA (7 nights)
    December 10, 2016 AKL/Pop (7nights)
    Nov. 25, 2017 AsMusic (8 Nights)
    Next Trip March 4 AsSports (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how long this will last? I'd LOVE to see the castle like that in person and we're going to WDW in Jan.
    See You Real Soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! I'm so jealous of the people going this year -- I sure hope they do it again next year!! It's beautiful!! I was wondering as I read the post how the castle would look during the daytime - but then realized we were there while at least half the lights must've been up in October -- and I couldn't tell at all!! Hadn't even remembered they were preparing for this. Way to go, Disney!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

It would be worth a trip down to WDW just to see this!
    spectacular!!
    "Im a storyteller. Of all the things I've ever done, I'd like to be remembered as a storyteller." Walt Disney

The mighty Roman Empire bridged 3 continents with a vast system of roads. The fastest information highways the world had ever known.
    East, West, North and South, all roads led to Rome

Post Thanks / Like

We will arrive on Wednesday the 14th. I'm all giddy just thinking about it. When we got married (11/15/97) the castle was a huge pink cake and now on our 10th anniversary it will be all twinkling and beautiful. I will take tons of pictures. I hit a sale on memory cards, I have enough cards for 8,000 or more pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to know how long this light show will run. Heading down for MLK week

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tennantsrwe View Post
    Wow! This is going to be such a treat to see. It looks spectacular in the picture so I'm sure it's breathtaking in person. We're going the 9-17 of Dec...can't wait. And just to add a little humor, does this kinda remind anyone else of National Lampoons Christmas Vacation....'250,000 Italian Imported Twinkling Lights! Drum Roll Please....Drum Roll!' I just love that movie, Clark W. Griswold is the greatest!
    Yes I could see the electric meter spinning furiously for this one. And Clark Griswold is great, I like his brother too (there's nothing like Hamburger Helper on the grill!) This effect/show sounds absolutely breathtaking my only question is once the castle is lit will it stay this way the rest of the night? Can't wait to get there and see it in person I can tell from the description that no picture would do this justice.
    2014 POR Alligator Bayou & Beach Club.
    1978-2007 Several Visits off Property.

"Come to the Tiki Room...No one ever takes a Siesta"

"Parents hold your kids by the hair and we're clear"

"I am happy to see they brought back Orange Bird!!"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: