Quantcast May planning, opinions please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default May planning, opinions please

I have this friend who loves Disney. She's a Disneyland pro and has been to Disney World a few times. Unfortunately, every time she goes to Disney World, it is for a marathon. Every time I go to Disney World, I play a game on facebook called "Where in the Disney World am I?" She has set a rule that I can't post resort pictures, because she doesn't know the resorts. She is essentially a Disney World newbie, and I am out to change that. Let me know what you guys think

We've both been to Disney too much to stress about running from ride to ride. The plans also aren't set in stone. If we get bored with something, we'll wander away and do something else.

May 18 - 26 - Not sure where we are going to be staying yet

May 18 - Fly in.
    Dinner at Artist Point to see the Wilderness Lodge and the Snow White characters.

May 19 - Open Day.
    Not sure where to eat.
    A couple of hours on the Boardwalk and at Jelly Rolls in the evening.

May 20 - Epcot
    Lunch at Garden Grill. I haven't eaten here yet, but I would like to try it.
    We'll be sure to watch Illuminations, since it is leaving.

May 21 - MK
    Breakfast at Crystal Palace. (It isn't a Disney World trip without mickey waffles at Crystal Palace.)
    I still haven't seen Happily Ever After. Maybe this will be the day.

May 22 - Open/Rest day
    Breakfast at Olivia's. I blame DizneyFreak for this one. He gave me the idea to try breakfast at Olivia's and now I can't wait to get back and eat the banana bread French toast.
    The evening plan is to see Yeeha Bob if he is playing. We'll probably also spend some time at Disney Springs. The Void is calling.

May 23 - AK
    Any early dinner, maybe even lunch, at Boma to see AKL. I almost would prefer to eat at Sanaa, but Boma would allow her to see the lodge proper.
    I would like to spend the evening in Pandora. It is very pretty at night.

May 24 - DHS
    Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare to see the Grand Floridian and make a loop of the Monorail resorts before heading to the park
    We will spend the evening in Toy Story Land. It may wind up being a counter service day.

May 25 - Open Day
    Any recommendations?

May 26 - Tentative MK
    I usually end my trips at MK. I will leave it up to her though. I'm not a huge fan of Be Our Guest, but if she wants to eat there for breakfast, it will probably be this day.

Any other suggestions you guys could make?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Your tentative MK day, I would suggest O'Hana. Have you ever tried Trails End? It's not gourmet but it's good. Cape May also is good.

Post Thanks / Like

O'hana and I just don't get along. lol I haven't tried Trails End or Cape May. Which do you think is better of the two?

Post Thanks / Like

On one of your free days check out some other resorts, maybe check out the resorts on the monorail loop and have lunch or dinner at one of those.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I've never had a Disney World trip then...Never ate at Crystal Palace.

If you really want to see Yehaa Bob, you might think about staying at Port Orleans - either one, but Riverside would be better for the chance. Just return from whatever park you are in for the evening, get off at the main stop and walk over to The River Roost to see if he's in....

Breakfast at Olivia's....Pick me! Pick me!!! LOL

Can't really give you ideas on TS meals...Haven't really done any in a while with going solo and all...

On your open days, you could be spontaneous and hit whatever park the first bus shows up for, or do Disney Springs, or just take a drive around the non-park area. If you have a vehicle, maybe head over to the Gulf beaches for a bit...

In any event, enjoy your trip!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot will have the concert series while you are there, yes? Why not plan an evening around a meal and one of the concerts? It can be super fun before or after one of the showings. I love scoring a near front and center seat, getting a soft pretzel from the bakery in Norway (cream cheese frosting with toasted almond slices) and a Grand Marnier slushee from France... is it an appetizer or a dessert? It’s Disney, it’s whatever you want it to be.
    nicci
    1975 Off Site
    1993 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1999 ASM
    2004 CSR
    2006 ASM
    2007 CBR
    2009 CBR
    2019 CBR
    DL 1971 to now - too many times to count, DL AP holder & Disney stockholder

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely suggest breakfast over lunch at Garden Grill. Breakfast was very filling and not nearly as crowded or rushed as was lunch.

We loved loved loved 3 meals this past trip outside of character meals - Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona, and the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian. The first 2 was enough food to share. The last was an amazing experience that I hope to repeat in the future. It was unique and definitely relaxing.

I would also suggest the Chef Mickey brunch...we were seated for breakfast so late that part way thru the food changed to brunch. There was so much to choose from and the crazy crowds diminished too.

Definitely consider a boat launch tour of the lagoon anytime bc the views are awesome be it in daylight or dusk. The sunsets were amazing. Finally make time for the Electrical Water Pagent from one of the resorts or MK. It is such a classic and worth the time to see it. It is visible from all of the resort marinas surrounding MK and the schedule is posted. Other good locations is the Poly beach and Narcoossee's deck (yes you can view here without a reservation).

No matter what enjoy your trip. And try to get in the more popular attractions in the beginning of your trip as the crowds will swell coming into Memorial Day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    These needs to be rectified. You should come with us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicster View Post
    Epcot will have the concert series while you are there, yes? Why not plan an evening around a meal and one of the concerts? It can be super fun before or after one of the showings. I love scoring a near front and center seat, getting a soft pretzel from the bakery in Norway (cream cheese frosting with toasted almond slices) and a Grand Marnier slushee from France... is it an appetizer or a dessert? It’s Disney, it’s whatever you want it to be.
    She does love the slushee drinks from France.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicster View Post
    Norway bakery is awesome. As is the German sweets shop. Caramel everything. France, I do love the slushes, but the Grey Goose Citron (lemon)ones. mmmm. Double fist'ing time.

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post

If you really want to see Yehaa Bob, you might think about staying at Port Orleans - either one, but Riverside would be better for the chance. Just return from whatever park you are in for the evening, get off at the main stop and walk over to The River Roost to see if he's in....
    Yeah, not that great, and way too many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    These needs to be rectified. You should come with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    She does love the slushee drinks from France.
    Don't do it Pop. It's a TRAPPP!!! Hey, you love the slush drinks from France, right?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post

Don't do it Pop. It's a TRAPPP!!! Hey, you love the slush drinks from France, right?
    Lol. She is already married. Not a trap. :P

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: