Quantcast 2012 - 2013 Armed Forces Salute

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 - 2013 Armed Forces Salute

Yes, I'm seeing some very good buzz tonight that a deal has been reached between Disney and MWR and that details on the new deal will be announced very soon, possibly tomorrow!

Yes, I say 'new' deal, because unlike last year when the previous year's deal was simply renewed/extended, this time there are some changes, mainly prices from what I can tell.

Yay!!!

EDIT: It's official - here is the Disney Press Release:

Disney Armed Forces Salute Press Release, 8 August 2012

U.S. Military Can Make More Memories
    with Special Tickets, Room Rates in 2012-2013
    at Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. / ANAHEIM, Calif. (August 8, 2012) – America's military personnel will have more opportunities to make and share precious Disney vacation memories through special theme park tickets and special pricing for accommodations.

At Walt Disney World Resort –from Aug. 17, 2012 through Sept. 25, 2013, active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:

• Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper Option for $156 each, plus tax
    • Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Water Park Fun and More Option for $156 each, plus tax AND
    • Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More Options for $184 each, plus tax
    Walt Disney World tickets may be used Oct. 1, 2012 through Sept. 28, 2013, except Dec. 24 – 31, 2012; March 24 – April 4, 2013 at all theme parks and all Water Park Fun and More locations, and July 4, 2013 at Magic Kingdom Park only.

At Disneyland Resort – from Aug. 17, 2012 through Sept. 26, 2013 active and retired U.S. military personnel (including active and retired members of the United States Coast Guard, National Guard and Reservists) or their spouses can purchase:

• Disney Military Promotional 3-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $125 each

Disneyland tickets may be used Oct. 1, 2012 through Sept. 28, 2013, except Dec. 23, 2012 – Jan. 2, 2013; February 15-17, 2013; March 25 - April 5, 2013; and July 4, 2013 at all theme parks.

Disney Military Promotional Tickets can be purchased by active and retired U.S. military personnel for themselves and up to five additional family members or friends. No more than six Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased by any eligible member of the U.S. military (or spouse) pursuant to this offer.
    All tickets and options are non-transferable and must be used by Sept. 28, 2013.

Active and retired U.S. military personnel can also take advantage of specially priced rooms at select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort hotels! This offer is valid for stays most nights from Oct. 1, 2012 through Sept. 28, 2013 except for:

• Nov. 22 – Nov. 24, 2012
    • Dec. 23 – Dec. 31, 2012
    • Mar. 25 – Apr. 4, 2013

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. Valid Military ID will be required upon check-in and military member (or spouse) must stay in the room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Additional per-adult charges apply at the Walt Disney World Resort if there are more than two adults per room. Other restrictions apply.

U.S. Military Can Find Special Offers in 2012-2013 at Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resorts (Page 2)

For information regarding Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort, or to make room reservations at the Walt Disney World Resort, military personnel may call 407/939-7830 or participating U.S. military base ticket offices. For information regarding Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Disneyland Resort, or to make room reservations at the Disneyland Resort, military personnel may call 714/956-6424 or participating U.S. military base ticket offices. Information is also available at disneymilitarysales.com.

Offer Details:

• Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased at participating U.S. military sales outlets ONLY by Eligible Service Members (defined below) or their spouses (but not both), for use by themselves and other family members and friends, as provided herein. These Tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold.
    • "Eligible Service Members" are active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard.
    • The actual prices charged at the individual U.S. military base ticket offices for Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be less than the prices set forth above.
    • Participating military sales outlets must require that Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) present valid military identification to purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets.
    • Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Walt Disney World Resort are not valid until activated by the Eligible Service Members (or their spouses) at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows. Tickets and options expire and may not be used after Sept. 28, 2013. Valid military identification will be required for purchase and use.
    • Disney 3-Day Military Promotional Tickets for admission to the Disneyland Resort expire and may not be used after Sept. 28, 2013. Valid military identification will be required for purchase and use.
    • No more than six (6) Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased and (if applicable) activated by any Eligible Service Member or spouse (regardless of the place of purchase and whether purchased by that person or that person's spouse), and all six (6) must be purchased at the same time. Accordingly, no Eligible Service Member (or spouse) may purchase Disney Military Promotional Tickets at any military sales outlet if that person (or that person's spouse) previously purchased Disney Military Promotional Tickets (whether at that same military sales outlet or at any other military sales outlet or at any other place.) In addition, one of the six (6) Tickets purchased must be used by the Eligible Service Member or his/her spouse.
    • Each Disney Military Promotional Ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days.
    Oh, and I also wanted to edit to add that I highly recommend contacting Magical Journeys to set up room reservations for you, for both WDW and Disneyland. I know Wendy in particular, is VERY familiar with the coding.
    Last edited by Melanie; 08-08-2012 at 04:40 PM.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Melanie!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Melanie!

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. One of my close friends husband just got back from Iraq and they really want to plan a special trip with their 2 kids! I'm usually their Disney planning helper, and a good discount would help so much!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Good news! Thank you for sharing!!
    °O° Ria°O°

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First trip: 11/05-Pop
    Next trip(s): 9/12-CSR, 10/12-ASM & Swan,
    11/12-Swan & YC
    Pop x 4
    CBR x 1
    POFQ x 2
    Poly x 1
    WL x 1
    AKL x 2
    SOG x 3

Post Thanks / Like

I will be retired by the next time we go to WDW. I am hoping that I will be using employee discounts instead of this next year.

If not, this has always been a great deal.
    1982 MK
    1988 MK & Epcot
    1989 MK & Epcot
    2002 MK, Epcot and Disney MGM Studios
    2006 DL
    2008 MK, Epcot and DHS (Best trip EVER)

Booked- 5 year wedding aniv at Port Orleans Riverside April 20-22 2012

Planned Chirstmas 2012 offsite

Second Star to the right and straight on till morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very excited about this!!! Will make our trip to Disneyland in the fall SO much easier on the wallet.

Can't wait for Disney to officially release the details. Although, if I saw what you saw, the prices have gone up substantially on the WDW tickets.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    I'm very excited about this!!! Will make our trip to Disneyland in the fall SO much easier on the wallet.

Can't wait for Disney to officially release the details. Although, if I saw what you saw, the prices have gone up substantially on the WDW tickets.
    It will make my Disneyland trip easier on the wallet too!

Yeah, looks like WDW tickets for the 4 day hopper are going up $18/day (from $138 to $156). Still a deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    It will make my Disneyland trip easier on the wallet too!

Yeah, looks like WDW tickets for the 4 day hopper are going up $18/day (from $138 to $156). Still a deal.
    Oh, I thought it was $186? Or, is that hopper + WPM?

Maybe it's because I'm thinking next time we go, we'll HAVE to get the WP&M option along with the hopper. Our boys are water park obsessed lately...

Last time, we got away with just getting the hopppers because it was December. Those were $135 on base. I was thinking it would cost $200 more for our next trip's tickets vs. the last one.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I thought it was $186? Or, is that hopper + WPM?
    Yes, quick rundown -

WDW-
    4 Day Base w/ Water Park and More - $156
    4 Day Hopper - $156
    4 Day Hopper w/ Water Park and More - $184

Disneyland-
    3 Day Hopper - $125

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking it would cost $200 more for our next trip's tickets vs. the last one.
    It's worth it though.

Post Thanks / Like

What great news! I just bought our last 3 tickets from the current deal. No better way to end one Disney trip with discounts to tempt me into another Disne trip. LOL.

We are toying with the idea of coming back for Mardi Gras since oldest DSs bday is the day before Mardi Gras and they have off of school.

There is also a slight chance we will visit Disneyland next summer. These discounts will help sell DH on these trips.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Have my fingers crossed...planning a clan event next June...Hope new deal continues to keep retirees eligible! Hope to also have DGS#1 (currently deployed) and DGDiL with us...Currently planning based on SoG. Monitoring several other retiree and military discount sites, (Steve's seems most reliable) and they are optimistic as well.
    Mel, enjoy the DC area...We were there 73-88, as our kids grew up...some great areas to raise kids, and to have them see history made. Your info over the years, even from the Ryukyus, has been most timely, and accurate. If you say this is going to happen, I know I can count on it.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    It's worth it though.
    I know. And, it is a good way to stretch out a trip. Our 4 measly park days in December was killing me. I wanted MORE!!!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

it is a good deal. my friend is retired and got Disneyland tickets really cheap. SOG had some nice priced rooms and he got his WDW ticket there for 4 day non hopper for a good price and no tax.
    i think this time hes going to pick up Fl Res at SOG w no tax.
    and hopefully my gf can get off work and visit a few days, then my friend can get her ticket for her visit. it is good for friends and family.
    SOG also has other tickets, like Universal, Kennedy, Sea World so people going there may want to check those prices
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Several other sites are announcing details...supposedly, one base office has released details, in advance of Disney's press release...which reportedly will be this week. I called for room ressies, and was told that they are not yet taking ressies...but will later next week...up to 3 rooms per member. (Unlike SoG, limit is reportedly 3 rooms...not 3 each for member and spouse...will still ask if we consider deluxe with discount instead of SoG for next year.) Res CM said that eligibility remains the same...includes retirees. Eager to see press release.
    Next Visit-June 2013

83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    99 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfansince75 View Post
    Several other sites are announcing details...supposedly, one base office has released details, in advance of Disney's press release...which reportedly will be this week.
    Right, I'm eager to see Disney's release as well. Will post as soon as it's available, and then there will be no confusion on prices, dates, eligibility, etc. At this time, just glad to know it's actually being offered.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay folks, it's official and I've added the Disney Press Release to my first post in this thread.

Anyone see any glaring differences (beside prices) in this years offer compared to years past?

Post Thanks / Like

At first glance, I didn't see anything, other than price, that was different from last two years....

Note that (like last time), rules do say all tickets must be purchased at the same time...Think we discussed rules vs practice on that one...recall that BrerGnat was able to purchase passes at different times, although the rules did have the same wording. Suspect there will still be CM's who will adjust the rules.

Price isn't out of line, after 2 years, but hate to restrict ourselves to 4 days. Still a good deal.
    Next Visit-June 2013

83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    99 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Were there so many date restrictions last time...I will admit, I didn't pay careful attention, but sice I'm keeping an eye out this time, that seems kinda crazy.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Any word on what the room dicounts will look like?

Melanie, I'm curious to know what differences you noticed between the new tickets and the past tickets? I noticed the price difference, but nothing else really jumped out at me as being different. As far as I can tell the black out dates look to be very similar. I know in the past they have stated that all 6 tickets had to be purchased at the same time, but they never followed through on that. Just last week I bought and activated our last 3 tickets from the current deal.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: