Quantcast Galaxys Edge in trouble?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Galaxy's Edge in trouble?

I have been hearing that Disney isn't getting the attendance they thought they were going to get over at Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland.

Rumor? Truth?

The ride over at DisneyWorld isn't even open yet!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to separate in many reports/commentary what various pundits were expecting vs what Disney was anticipating.

Disney reduced the amount of Guests in the land with a reservation system from grand opening until June 24th and also had an Annual Passholder Black Out until the July 11th. With these restrictions in place, Smuggler's Run passed its 1,000,000th Guest mark just this past week.

Some of the commentary might be tied to the "unseasonably low" attraction wait times for attractions resort wide that were documented this past June.

With all these factors in place its been hard (so far) to determine objectively what draw the new land is or isn't having.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know if it is true in Galaxy's Edge but Disneyland is experiencing unusually low summer attendance this year. They have cut back cast member hours and some shows.

5. Likes Tekneek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep raising the prices and people will keep heading to Universal on both coasts
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    It's hard to separate in many reports/commentary what various pundits were expecting vs what Disney was anticipating.

Disney reduced the amount of Guests in the land with a reservation system from grand opening until June 24th and also had an Annual Passholder Black Out until the July 11th. With these restrictions in place, Smuggler's Run passed its 1,000,000th Guest mark just this past week.

Some of the commentary might be tied to the "unseasonably low" attraction wait times for attractions resort wide that were documented this past June.

With all these factors in place its been hard (so far) to determine objectively what draw the new land is or isn't having.
    Maybe I'm not particular, but that impresses me.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

8. Likes PopPhan, baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good. To me, SW and Marvel isn't what I associate w/ Disney. I have no interest in seeing it.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I dont mind if its not busy in September when I go...
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

11. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    Maybe I'm not particular, but that impresses me.
    I would have to know how many people generally go to the park in that time frame to know whether to be impressed or not.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    I do not know if it is true in Galaxy's Edge but Disneyland is experiencing unusually low summer attendance this year. They have cut back cast member hours and some shows.
    Makes sense that the people being paid the least would bear the burden of management inaccurately gauging the marketplace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Makes sense that the people being paid the least would bear the burden of management inaccurately gauging the marketplace.
    Even if management paid a price for their mistake, these people would still have their hours cut, as it makes business sense.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Iger should give up some of his millions of dollars.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Iger should give up some of his millions of dollars.
    I'm not necessarily suggesting that, but the notion that a CEO is accepting a tremendous amount of risk for the enterprise is antiquated. An extra million means far less to them than an extra 10 hours a week to someone at the lowest rung of the company.

17. Likes NewDVCowner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shedding some light... Price played a part... Universal Hollywood, Knottsbery Farm.. all charge a heck of alot less, and both are busy... Disneyland isn't...

But let's also not forget the annual pass blackouts... Disneyland isn't really a tourist park, it is truly a local park... A when you black out your locals, well, attendance is going to suffer...

Galaxy's Edge in Walt Disney World will be fine... I suspect opening day to be nutso... WDW is a different beast entirely, and the tourists will swarm DHS to see Galaxy's Edge...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

19. Likes baldburke, MNNHFLTX, waymickey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Shedding some light... Price played a part... Universal Hollywood, Knottsbery Farm.. all charge a heck of alot less, and both are busy... Disneyland isn't...

But let's also not forget the annual pass blackouts... Disneyland isn't really a tourist park, it is truly a local park... A when you black out your locals, well, attendance is going to suffer...

Galaxy's Edge in Walt Disney World will be fine... I suspect opening day to be nutso... WDW is a different beast entirely, and the tourists will swarm DHS to see Galaxy's Edge...
    That's what I thought. I've never been, but DL has always had a more chill vibe vs. WDW which is overrun with families looking to maximize every minute stimulating their senses.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

21. Likes DizneyFreak2002 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    That's what I thought. I've never been, but DL has always had a more chill vibe vs. WDW which is overrun with families looking to maximize every minute stimulating their senses.
    Now if Galaxy's Edge in WDW pulls same light crowds, then if I were Disney I would be worried... Can't keep pushing the goal posts out to save face...

While I don't think we will see the insane lines to get into Wizarding World when Hogsmeade first opened at Islands of Adventure, I suspect we will see something close to Toy Story Land, and possibly what Universal just experienced with Hagrid's....

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

23. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    With WDW being more of a destination, yeah, its going to be crazy, and only going to get crazier. DL being chill. I suppose, but feel like you have a more tumultuous group, as its all locals. I felt the rougher crowds in the parks. Kinda like going to Six Flags or something.

I'm not sure we'll ever go back to DL. Maybe I suppose, but at best we'll go back to WDW.

Besides, lower crowds, doesn't necessarily mean a lot less money. There is a certain sweet spot you want to hit for a health balance of cash taken in, vs expenditures, as well as projected increases.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

25. Likes baldburke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Besides, lower crowds, doesn't necessarily mean a lot less money. There is a certain sweet spot you want to hit for a health balance of cash taken in, vs expenditures, as well as projected increases.
    Remember, this is Disney... They project and forecast... If they aren't hitting their projected and forecasted numbers, they consider things a failure, even if they are making money...

I don't think this can be considered a failure though, like some people are trying to classify it on YouTube and other sites... Once the complete land is open, if crowds are still small in Disneyland, then oops, Disney botched it... It crowds are small in WDW, then yes, it is a botch...

People who have already been are all saying the same thing: the land is soulless, lifeless, and boring... My fear is, they aren't wrong...

Post Thanks / Like

Remember, this is Disney... They project and forecast... If they aren't hitting their projected and forecasted numbers, they consider things a failure, even if they are making money...

I don't think this can be considered a failure though, like some people are trying to classify it on YouTube and other sites... Once the complete land is open, if crowds are still small in Disneyland, then oops, Disney botched it... It crowds are small in WDW, then yes, it is a botch...

People who have already been are all saying the same thing: the land is soulless, lifeless, and boring... My fear is, they aren't wrong...
    I'm starting to feel this way about Pandora in AK. However, I didn't care for the movie, so maybe that's why. I LOVE Star Wars! (at least the original trilogy)
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but they still work a balance sheet and stock valuation. A projected number of people versus cost is where you want your earnings to be. It's simple, if you have more questions on how that works, just PM me.

But, agreed, they'll do what they do. I'm not worried, they make money.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    I'm starting to feel this way about Pandora in AK. However, I didn't care for the movie, so maybe that's why. I LOVE Star Wars! (at least the original trilogy)
    The movie was OK, nothing great.... but Pandora in Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite lands...

People are saying there is no background music in Galaxy's Edge... lots of nooks and crannies with nothing... Little to do... Little to see... if you aren't spending money, you aren't getting an experience...

I am a huge Star Wars fans as well... and if what people are saying is true, I will be very disappointed... But I will reserve judgment until I see it in person... Everyone is different... One man's trash is another man's treasure... So we shall see...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: